Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2003 2:05:02 PM EDT
Last night I talked to perhaps the most ignorant person on the phone I ever have.
She called me to ask about how getting bonded out works, & I gladly explained the process. She then told me the tale of her son, who had been arrested on a warrant stemming from causing a class room disturbance. I listened attentively, & eventually she finished. Then she said I have a question for you. I said O.K.,so what's your question?
She said, I didn't know you could get arrested for a class room disturbance. I said so what's your question? & she said I didn't know you could be arrested for a class room disturbance
I said O.K., so what's your question? I didn't know you could get arrested for a class room disturbance.
I said ma'am, that's a statement about what you didn't know, what is your question? She says, I didn't know you could get arrested for a class room disturbance. I said well I guess you can. She said ok.
Call all done.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Good one.  I love it when someone [b]asks[/b] if they can ask me a question...

Them:  "Can I ask you a question?"

Me (without hesitation):  "You just did."

Them:  blank expression, followed by either humor or disgust...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Last night I talked to perhaps the [red]most[/red] ignorant person on the phone I ever have.
She called me to ask about how getting bonded out works, & I gladly explained the process. She then told me the [s]tail[/s] [red]tale[/red] of her son, who had been arrested on a warrant [s]steaming[/s] [red]stemming[/red] from causing a class room disturbance. I listened attentively, & eventually she finished. Then she said [red]"[/red]I have a question for you.[red]"[/red] I said [red]"[/red] O.K.,so what's your question?[red]"[/red]
She said "I didn't know you could get arrested for a class room disturbance" I said so what's your question, & she said "I didn't know you could be arrested for a class room disturbance"
I said [red]"[/red]O.K., so what's your question?[red]"[/red] "I didn't know you could get arrested for a class room disturbance"
I said ma'am, that's a statement about what you didn't know, what is your question. She says" I didn't know you could get arrested for a class room disturbance.[rolleyes] I said well I guess you can. She said ok.
Call all done.
View Quote

I don't have the energy to deal with the grammar. Hope that helps. [}:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
There are no stupid questions. Just a world filled with inquisitive idiots.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
captainpooby cracks me up. Thanks for the lesson in humility DavidC. I didn't know you could be a Jew, & a Nazi![}:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thaat's like when you go into a restaurant and when the Hostess  asks "Are you all together?" and you look at your belly, pat your pockets and thighs and say "I hope so. Does it look like I'm missing something?"
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Troy, can I ask you a question? [:D]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
There are no stupid questions.  Only stupid people who ask questions.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Scene: post office

JScott: "I need to mail this package"

Clerk: "Does it contain anything breakable, flammable or perishable?"

JScott: "Nah. I like to keep all the fun stuff for myself."

Clerk:

JScott: "That means 'no'"

Clerk: "Do you need delivery confirmation or insurance?"

Sheesh, after processing 15 gazillion Christmas packages you'd think they'd appreciate a little humor.

JScott
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good one.  I love it when someone [b]asks[/b] if they can ask me a question...

Them:  "Can I ask you a question?"

Me (without hesitation):  "You just did."

Them:  blank expression, followed by either humor or disgust...
View Quote

You left out the best part.

They usually follow up with "Can I ask you another ??"

At which point I say "That's two."
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It's [b]GRAMMAR[/b], not gramar.[:D]

Also, you don't need a comma in your title (after the word "spelling").

Hey, you asked for it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Look on the bright side.  Somebody finally got busted for causing a classroom disturbance.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#13]
What classroom was disturbed? Grammar class?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#14]
How about at a restaurant when the waitron asks, "How does it taste?"

"Um, like food.  Duh."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top