Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 1:08:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me know how much your price is for a pair of cuffs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
My Dads a retired a retired LEO. I know there used to be a couple pairs at the house. I'll drop him an e-mail. He'll be in Fl in a week or so.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
expresspolicesupply.com has the peerless 10 oz standard chain cuff for $19.99
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Just an opinion here:

Hiatt handcuffs suck.  Peerless are mediocre, will work fine, but nothing fancy.  S&W are the best.

(Edited to add:  S&W uses a proprietary key, could be problem/costly to get extras.)
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an opinion here:

Hiatt handcuffs suck.  Peerless are mediocre, will work fine, but nothing fancy.  S&W are the best.

(Edited to add:  S&W uses a proprietary key, could be problem/costly to get extras.)
View Quote

Looking for the best bang for the buck.

Hiatts are good enough to hook up Iraqi low lifes and a bunch of Hiatts are better than nothing.

Not gonna bother with S&W.
View Quote

Well said.  Seeing as how we HAVE to cuff them...

IM Inbound Steyr.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Steyr, I know a low of cops who buy Galls brand, 10 ounce cuffs.  $14.99 a pair and they might be willing to give a break if they know what it is for.

[url]http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=RS034[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Handcuffs urgently needed???  Have they finally found some friendly women?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Soldiers are not cops.  

All they need are thousands and thousands of extra-strength zip ties.  Why buy them handcuffs?  They nap Iraqi's by the dozen.  One soldiers handcuffs have to go all the way to either the nearest POW camp or police station, then they have to be released and the soldier needs to get his own pair back.

Plastic Zip Ties are all they need
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just an opinion here:

View Quote

Huh?  I've never had a problem opening S&W handcuffs with any standard key.  It's Hiatts that are a royal bitch to open with non-Hiatts keys.

I'm in for at least a pair.  Let me know the final per-pair cost and where to send a check.

[red]Edited for spelling[/red]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Soldiers are not cops.  

All they need are thousands and thousands of extra-strength zip ties.  Why buy them handcuffs?  They nap Iraqi's by the dozen.  One soldiers handcuffs have to go all the way to either the nearest POW camp or police station, then they have to be released and the soldier needs to get his own pair back.

Plastic Zip Ties are all they need
View Quote

My thoughts as well. Or am I missing something? If they indeed must have handcuffs, I have a pair of S&Ws I don't use. I'll contact the local PD's in the morning as well.

I have found S&W cuffs online for $21. I personally would feel better buying the S&Ws.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe it has something to do with moving prisoners around once they are incarcerated and the constant need to use and cut off zip ties and the risk of running out of them...  Maybe the soldiers feel that they would be better served using actual cuffs and they are speaking from their real world experience in theatre.  So why the hell are you questioning and dismissing what seems like a very reasonable request.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me know how much your price is for a pair of cuffs.
View Quote

Looks like Hiatts would be around $20 a pair or $25 for black. This is for steel chain style, the base model.

Anyone got a better than dealer cost on the real thing?
View Quote

Here's the dealer pricing that I can get.  I would need to confirm the next year prices haven't taken effect yet.  If this is what they need and people are interested I would need to check with my supplier to see how many they have in stock or what time frame they are looking at if an order was placed.

Hiatts
10oz nickel $13.95
10oz black $15.50

Peerless
model 500 nickel $16.70
model 500 black $16.70

S&W
model 100 nickel $16.60
model 100 black $16.60

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Swire, great prices on the S&W100's.  I'm in for a couple pairs at that price.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe it has something to do with moving prisoners around once they are incarcerated and the constant need to use and cut off zip ties and the risk of running out of them...  Maybe the soldiers feel that they would be better served using actual cuffs and they are speaking from their real world experience in theatre.  So why the hell are you questioning and dismissing what seems like a very reasonable request.
View Quote

I beg your pardon?  

When a beggar asks for money on the street, how do you know where it is going to?  Do you just fling your money around to anyone that asks?  What are the credentials for this organization?  What makes it any more secure or less prone to abuse than any of the other thousand charitable organizations who are asking for donations in the name of our troops?

Why doesn't someone just work out a deal with the in country MP Battalions if the need is so urgent?  Are these cuffs going to go to average USGI's or are they slated for MP units?  What's the use if they are going to some ruck-humper who'll never need to use them?  Why would the average USGI use a pair of expensive cuffs when they have all the flexcuffs at their disposal that have multiple purposes?

Use your brain, man.  You should know better since you are such a highly regarded member with so many posts......are the rest of your 5000 odd posts of equal stupidity?

BTW, if there is a risk of them running out of zip ties, why not contribute a bunch of Zip Ties or flex cuffs?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok. I will call my supplier in the morning to confirm prices and then post back.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I beg your pardon?  

When a beggar asks for money on the street, how do you know where it is going to?  Do you just fling your money around to anyone that asks?  What are the credentials for this organization?  What makes it any more secure or less prone to abuse than any of the other thousand charitable organizations who are asking for donations in the name of our troops?

Why doesn't someone just work out a deal with the in country MP Battalions if the need is so urgent?  Are these cuffs going to go to average USGI's or are they slated for MP units?  What's the use if they are going to some ruck-humper who'll never need to use them?  Why would the average USGI use a pair of expensive cuffs when they have all the flexcuffs at their disposal that have multiple purposes?

Use your brain, man.  You should know better since you are such a highly regarded member with so many posts......are the rest of your 5000 odd posts of equal stupidity?

BTW, if there is a risk of them running out of zip ties, why not contribute a bunch of Zip Ties or flex cuffs?
View Quote

Tell you what Hoss.

Why don't YOU check out the site and if you find that it is a scam you can come back and warn us.

They say they need cuffs not flex ties and I believe them.

But until you find out it is all bullshit why don't you stop being a fucking asshole.

Don't want to help, fine. Don't have to.

I'm gonna write a check.

Swire is now running the show.

If we are all scammed you can stop by and say "I told you so."

Now excuse us if we try and actually contribute to the situation.
View Quote

Pardon me.  Was I talking to your bitch ass?

Why don't you let Ranger speak for himself or are you his little bitch?  Why don't you SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

Why are these cuffs going to ABE Troops while MP Units who ACTUALLY NEED THEM are not getting them?  Do you have a friend in the 173rd?  Out of all the stuff they need, that they could actually USE, why do ya'll choose handcuffs instead of sending them a shitload of ZIP TIES which serve the same purpose and have many other uses?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Scht, I suggest you put your attitude in check.  Yes, I like to think I'm fairly highly regarded here and I have been on the board for years and I will tell you this Sir, so has SteyrAug and he would not bring us a cause that was not on the up and up to his knowledge.  THAT is all I need.  Now, if you who have been here for two months wants to prove your own ignorance as to how this community responds to our troops, go right ahead.  Free country and your right to prove what a dunce you are...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I beg your pardon?  

View Quote

Tell you what Hoss.

Why don't YOU check out the site and if you find that it is a scam you can come back and warn us.

They say they need cuffs not flex ties and I believe them.

But until you find out it is all bullshit why don't you stop being a fucking asshole.

Don't want to help, fine. Don't have to.

I'm gonna write a check.

Swire is now running the show.

If we are all scammed you can stop by and say "I told you so."

Now excuse us if we try and actually contribute to the situation.
View Quote

Pardon me.  Was I talking to your bitch ass?

Why don't you let Ranger speak for himself or are you his little bitch?  Why don't you SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

Why are these cuffs going to ABE Troops while MP Units who ACTUALLY NEED THEM are not getting them?  Do you have a friend in the 173rd?  Out of all the stuff they need, that they could actually USE, why do ya'll choose handcuffs instead of sending them a shitload of ZIP TIES which serve the same purpose and have many other uses?
View Quote

That's it, I'm taking this to staff say bye bye Scht.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Look, everybody take a deep breath and please cease the swearing.  Steyr, I applaud the effort and I'm onboard.  However, this arguing is defeating the honorable purpose of this thread.  There are a lot of us behind you on this, me included, and I'm one of the cheapest guys here.  I agree, the troops ask for cuffs I send cuffs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
[i]Mental diarrhea[/b]
View Quote

If you can't tell the difference between a beggar on the street and troops out on the sharp end requesting specific equipment, then to hell with you.

If you don't want to contribute, fine.  Then STFU and don't contribute.  If SteyrAUG says that it is legit, that's good enough for me.

Tell ya what SteyrAUG, put me down for two pairs; one for the troops and one to smack that assclown Scht0nk in the head with. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top