Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2003 10:27:17 AM EDT
First they accuse me of being taught only White "Americans" fought in the Alamo.  Excuse me but in the 5th grade I was taught there was a group of Chicanos organized by a Senior Juan Seguin that died (Juan escaped to send a message to Sam Houston). Furthermore, on my many trips to the Alamo and reading the names on the Cenotaph honoring those who gave their lives in this battle, I damn well know some people of Mexican origin WERE fighting against the fascist imperialism of General Santa Anna.  Thank you very much you carpet-bagging G-d forsaken Yankee imperialist pigs.

Now they are hypothesizing Mary the Mother of Jesus MIGHT have been raped by a Roman soldier and that Jesus is half Roman...

But I let them attempt to rewrite history and slander my Dogma because they are allowed that freedom.  They better have a ptogram on the incidence of pedophilia in Arab culture and show how Islam is a demon religion to keep things balanced.  I wouldn't bet on it though.

Of course everyone knows R. Lee Ermy French kissed Jack Black in "Saving Silverman".  What kind of dirt can we dig up on Auther Kent and the others???

What would you expect from CBS?  At least there is truth in advertising there...Turn on the channel and See BS
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Relax.  What they are doing is approaching the situation of the virgin birth from a rational direction.
The premise of a pregnant virgin is impossible, by any standards that science understands.  Therefore, it is reasonable to go looking for possible explanations.  
The possibility has been batted around for a long time.  You never questioned the biblical premise?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Additionally the postulation that Mary Magdelain was in fact the wife of Jesus ( probable) and that the so called holy grail is in fact a metaphor for his literal children and biological offspring.  They walk among us even to this day.  It is difficult to see that which might be when the dogma and teachings benefit others.  Watch the show, see the evidence, then decide for yourself.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry to wake you up Keith.

the history channel is about making money.  not teaching history.  if you want to learn history crack a history text book that is more than 30 years old.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First they accuse me of being taught only White "Americans" fought in the Alamo.  
View Quote
That is pretty much what the popular culture surrounding the Alamo indicates.  And for those of us without a 'Don't mess with Texas' sticker on our cars, that's where most of the information comes from.

I damn well know some people of Mexican origin WERE fighting against the fascist imperialism of General Santa Anna.
View Quote
 Decaf dude!

How is fighting to retain control of a province you own imperialisim.  Should every succession movement be simply granted?  Would Canada be 'imperalist' if they didn't let Quebec become its own country?

Now they are hypothesizing Mary the Mother of Jesus [i]MIGHT[/i] have been raped by a Roman soldier and that Jesus is half Roman...
View Quote
It certainly is more likely than an 'immaculate conception'.

But I let them attempt to rewrite history and slander my Dogma because they are allowed that freedom.
View Quote
Rewrite histhory!? Slander your dogma!?  If history was written by those living that dogma (as it was), don't you think that their ideology influenced very nature of written history itself.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
[lol]

Are you sure they're not saying that Mary the Mother of Jesus MIGHT have been raped by a carpet-bagging G-d forsaken Yankee imperialist pig?

Wound just a bit tight aren't we?

Why the out lashing at the entire Union rather than the fucked up producer that made the documentaries, the finance company that invested in it, or the A&E network that ran it. I'm willing to give you odds that there's more than a few redneck good-old-boy God-fearing southern boys running things at those companies but then that wouldn't square with your view of the world now would it? It’s much easier to blame others irrationally than to actually do something about it now isn’t it?

My television set came equipped with a device that causes such shit to disappear - it's called an on/off switch.

PS: Didn’t see the “show” as wouldn’t find such things entertaining.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top