Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 6:58:40 AM EDT
Thrilled over Time's choice for "Man of the Year" being the American soldier.....But, I think I see a finger inside the trigger guard on the cover picture... Anyone else see it?
According the news today, she is a medic credited with treating NBC journalists that were wounded in a grenade attack.  One lost a hand.  
Anyway.. great choice from a liberal, pinko commie magazine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20031221/capt.sge.qlb50.211203164907.photo00.default-292x384.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
According the news today, she is a medic credited with treating NBC journalists that were wounded in a grenade attack.  One lost a hand.  
View Quote

That's a chick?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a chick?
View Quote

That's a hot chick, ba-bee. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thoes pictures are out of context and assembled after the fact thoes 3 individuals were not together possing for the pic.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a chick?
View Quote

Well, it's a female homo sapien, with more knowledge of medicine than I have.

That said, don't be too quick to judge. Take her out of that uniform and dress her up in a coctail dress and she might just convert into the next Angelina Jolie.

Believe me, it's a phenomenon I've seen with my own two eyes...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
[i]originally posted by ZAPHOD

That said, don't be too quick to judge. Take her out of that uniform and dress her up in a coctail dress and she might just convert into the next Angelina Jolie.

Believe me, it's a phenomenon I've seen with my own two eyes...[/i]
-----------------------------------------------

I don't know, Zaphod...that's a hell of a mug on her!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Believe me, I've seen miracles performed on far worse.

At least this one has TWO eyebrows!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#9]
thats no woman........it's a man baby! Yeah!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Finger, trigger......no!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cover it with Marpat!!!!   [ROFL2]

[snoopy]!!

Do it for patriotism!!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#12]
God forbid they put a chick on a magazine cover that you cant take into the bathroom and jack off to.

STFU.  She's due some respect for what she does, not whether she gives your 10th grade punk asses a boner.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Agree.  I didn't start this thread to cause a service person to be flamed.  Just pointing out a safety matter.  
She is serving our country and in harm's way. She certainly deserves some serious respect.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
STFU.  She's due some respect for what she does, not whether she gives your 10th grade punk asses a boner.
View Quote

Amen. Hence my comment on her medical knowledge as opposed to mine.

Ditto for combat experience...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#15]
She's got [b]man hands[/b]!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Finger inside the trigger?  Why not?

When you're there, you need to alert at all times.  [;)]
 I would have my firearms ready to rock and roll, even when taking a sh!t.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok, I swear to you that as soon as I heard that time had made the American Soldier "person of the year" the first thing that popped into my head was....It's gonna have a chick, a black guy and a white guy.
I had not seen it and just knew it would be a PC extravaganza.
Go figure huh......
IMO, they should have named our entire collective military force as persons of the year...the Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Army, National Guard, etc....
Nothing against the Army [s]boys[/s] ummm, I mean persons, but this is one HUGE team effort.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Haven't seen the article yet Spectre, but my understanding is it covers all branches of the military, not just the army.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow I've seen that picture several times and didn't realize that was a chick... sheeeit where's her rack??
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a chick?
View Quote

Well, it's a female homo sapien, with more knowledge of medicine than I have.

Believe me, it's a phenomenon I've seen with my own two eyes...
View Quote

I have seen this phenomenon you speak of.  Believe me... I mean, I live and work on Ft. Bragg.  The best example was this one rigger chick I know.  Just hittable in BDU's...  Fell in love (ok, lust) when I saw her in civvies.  Makeup and some hot clothes make a big difference.  She also had "JUMPERS, HIT IT!" tattooed on her lower back. Air-freakin-borne.

Anyway... my comment was just in suprise.  I really had no idea that girl on the cover was a female.

I agree that they should have represented all the services on the cover.  "The American Service... uh, Person"
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Someone already pointed out the finger on the trigger in another thread. I think it was The_Beer_Slayer. But what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah when I saw "the finger" I figured that another fine young man had his middle finger extended in a picture and it slipped past the finger checkers.  Like when guys are pissed at the photog or the celeb they are with.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thrilled over Time's choice for "Man of the Year" being the American soldier.....But, I think I see a finger inside the trigger guard on the cover picture... Anyone else see it?
According the news today, she is a medic [red]credited with treating NBC journalists that were wounded in a grenade attack[/red].  One lost a hand.  
View Quote

Not to dimish from her (his? - just kidding) heroism, but isn't is a bit selflish of Time, that of all the sacrifices that have gone on in this war, the most prominent person on the cover is a soldier whose most noteworthy contribution was treating a bunch of journalists?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#24]
The soldier in the center, Billie Grimes, is a graduate of my school [url=www.iupui.edu]www.iupui.edu[/url] The page links to an article in the Indianapolis Star about him.

[url=http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/104580-6119-092.html] Indianapolis Star article[/url]

Edited to add link to Indianapolis Star article if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ok, I swear to you that as soon as I heard that time had made the American Soldier "person of the year" the first thing that popped into my head was....It's gonna have a chick, a black guy and a white guy.
I had not seen it and just knew it would be a PC extravaganza.
Go figure huh......
IMO, they should have named our entire collective military force as persons of the year...the Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Army, National Guard, etc....
Nothing against the Army [s]boys[/s] ummm, I mean persons, but this is one HUGE team effort.
View Quote

i thought that too until i saw 3 dudes in the pic.  guess i'm wrong now.  couldn't they find an asian or indian to squeeze on there?

i wonder how often she has to shave?  her face that is.  that's a man!  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure at least one of the 3 is disabled, or gay. TIME would never want to leave anyone out.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm sure at least one of the 3 is disabled, or gay. TIME would never want to leave anyone out.

View Quote

The two in the back are probably holding hands... [rolleyes]

Pathetic that we have to think this way automatically about some media outlets, eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top