Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2003 8:28:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably, but its much better than playing "dress up" as other men do!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Welllll, I get paid to "Play Army"  [:D]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Be Prepared.

Yor're not playing Army, you're a Boy Scout.

Nothing wrong with being prepared.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno. I do much of the above and I actually AM in the Army. I probably do more Army training outside than I do on drill sadly. I've never for instance given a two hour block of instruction on proper wear of a beret on the "hobby" side of things.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I gear my training more for hunting.

I do worry more about the collapse of civiliztion than most. I think America has been lucky to stay this way for so long.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Some would say you and others like you are compensating for a lack of other certain equipment.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some would say you and others like you are compensating for a lack of other certain equipment.
View Quote

LMAO This from the guy with more cool class III shit than anyone else I have met.  [;)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I like shooting, wether it be prairie dogs, coyotes, bowling pins, watermelons, or a sehlf full of water filled plastic bottles.

Thanks for the post, and waking me up.

I think I am going to sell that Eagle Tac vest I never have worn now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I would say so. But only at a fraction you and DavidH do/can. For now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
My Mom was hot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I fall into multiple categories.  I'm military, collector, and recreational shooter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I'm in the Navy so I'm sort of playing "Army". [;)]

I do have 26 soldiers working for me and sit thier advancement boards [:)] so that counts a bit doesn't it?

I do have a half a closet full of camo now - in both woodland green and desert (3 and 6 color) and I've started on my full-sized three day pack after completing a pair of one day ones. I don't have night vision goggles or body armor (yet).

I have real collection going having an example of every US Army pistol and rifle from 1903 forward to today - semi-automatic of course.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
i buy guns just to make other people nervous and angry...

not really.

my only threats are watermelons and canned goods. like anything else, just a hobby
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My Mom was hot.
View Quote

I don't know why but I find myself still laughing at this quick quib....[rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#17]
the second amendment is about politics....
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah....that pretty much sums me up.

I just bought a M1A, so my military collection just grew by 1!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I play Army alot

[img]http://www.101abn.com/Web%20Gallery/Lavernia/images/Brain%20Trust.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#20]
The wife and I play Army Doctor.. She tends to my soldier after he stands up and salutes...

Oh wait..Wrong topic...
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
LMAO!

I love my life.I live in a great country with plenty of great people in it.I do what I want for the most part.I grew up(from 5) with a passion for firearms for ALL the reasons there ARE to like firearms.(and there are MANY,MANY,MANY reasons)
Like others here,while having nowhere NEAR as extensive a collection as some but an armory to others,I am proud of what I have collected.I am blessed cause I DO all the fun stuff with em.I plink,target shoot,hunt,skeet,trapshoot,collect,restore,accesorize,accurize,defend my home,and myself.I make no appoligies for what I like to do because it is who I am and I push that on no one.

It's nice to be here,isn't it everyone?

I'M havin a good time.

oh yeah,I like to reload to!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LMAO!

I love my life.I live in a great country with plenty of great people in it.I do what I want for the most part.I grew up(from 5) with a passion for firearms for ALL the reasons there ARE to like firearms.(and there are MANY,MANY,MANY reasons)
Like others here,while having nowhere NEAR as extensive a collection as some but an armory to others,I am proud of what I have collected.I am blessed cause I DO all the fun stuff with em.I plink,target shoot,hunt,skeet,trapshoot,collect,restore,accesorize,accurize,defend my home,and myself.I make no appoligies for what I like to do because it is who I am and I push that on no one.

It's nice to be here,isn't it everyone?

I'M havin a good time.
View Quote

Is this what its like to live outside of CA?

CW
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Lmao!!!!I can't speak for others but,It is for me.

edited to ask: I take it that you are unhappy in Caliwood/Hollyfornia?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#24]
.. just playing Army here
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I just play with guns cuz mommy and daddy didnt love me, and it boosts my self-esteem [):)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just play with guns cuz mommy and daddy didnt love me, and it boosts my self-esteem [):)]
View Quote

LMAO!!!!!!!!!![lol]It'll be ok...maybe.....
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Most of the firearms I own are from military backgrounds, I shoot IDPA every month, and take some kind of firearms training every year.

On the other hand, I don't own any camo, or wear any military-themed clothing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the 2nd amendment is the #1 reason I own firearms.  If we give up and stop excercising this right, it will surely wither and dissappear.

The other #1 reason is home/self defense (practical application of 2nd amendment).

Lastly, it happens to be fun and relaxing.  What else am I going to do with my money?  Save it for my kids to have when I die?  That's real motivating.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I have 2 guns that are strictly self-defense(.45 and 12ga)

All the rest are pure fun, but can easily be used as self defense means, if needed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#30]
[b]Still Playing "Army"?[/b]

Been there; done that! Don't need to do it again. [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Not playing army, just being 'citizen.'
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#32]
What about prior service that cant shake the bug/lifestyle....
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#33]
My dumb fat ass would look just that in any uniform.Played Army for real 35 years ago.Now I am a "hobyist and collector."When I go to the Military Vehicle Collector Shows,(Rallys)with one of my restored MV's, the other fellows often ask me"why are you not in uniform?",my reply,"It does not fit anymore."I feel that to "dress"like a soldier,you should look like one.I am too old,too fat,Glasses,beard and retired.I will not do the "dis-service" to the uniform of my country,by wearing it as a hobby.I respect re-inactors,but I am not one.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My dumb fat ass would look just that in any uniform.Played Army for real 35 years ago.Now I am a "hobyist and collector."When I go to the Military Vehicle Collector Shows,(Rallys)with one of my restored MV's, the other fellows often ask me"why are you not in uniform?",my reply,"It does not fit anymore."I feel that to "dress"like a soldier,you should look like one.I am too old,too fat,Glasses,beard and retired.I will not do the "dis-service" to the uniform of my country,by wearing it as a hobby.I respect re-inactors,but I am not one.  
View Quote

It would be nice if more reenactors followed your advice, i.e.,
I feel that to "dress"like a soldier,you should look like one.I am too old,too fat,Glasses,beard and retired.
View Quote

There are too many beards, modern glasses, too many modern conveniences and too many bellies that arrive before the rest of the "soldier" does in the world of 18th and 19th (and I suppose 20th) century military reenactment, but most people don't have the time and money to pursue the hobby until middle age. Some of us do try to take care of ourselves, but there are some pretty hefty people in Revolutionary War (and Civil War!!) uniforms out there. One guy I knew was so big, three guys could literally hide behind him, and we used to joke that he was our "Secret Weapon", that we could roll down the hill and bowl over the rebels with.... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I did 4 years active duty (a LONG time ago) and think I joined the National Guard just a few years ago to kind of "justify" my "playing army".

That being said, I do as much "cool Army stuff" OFF duty as on.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What about prior service that cant shake the bug/lifestyle....
View Quote

Happened to me so I went back in (Reserve this time)
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I play Army, too...

[img]http://www.howitzers.com/rh.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Paid to play... though some days are more game like than others.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Played army for real once. Had my little war and got out.

Now I play army almost every weekend.  WWII re-enacting. It's all about squad tactics and weapons use.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Paid to play... though some days are [red]more game like than others[/red].
View Quote

Ditto, paid to play (LEO), but the politics is making me consider retirement.[:(]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Let me see. I'm sitting here in 3 color desert BDU pants, OD jungle boots, brown military t-shirt, and USGI harness suspenders. I'm not even planning on going outside. I must be playing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#42]
95th Foot, WWII re-enacting is the same way as your time period as well I see.

Quoted:
I play Army, too...

[url]http://www.howitzers.com/rh.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Whimp, [;)] this is what our unit uses:
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20800[/img]

[b]150mm!!![/b]

Edit: The note at the bottom of the picture is from the local news paper, not my own writing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I used to play Army (4 yrs)..........then I ETS'd.....I play Coast Guard now with the same cool guns, BDU's, and fast boats. Need to go work on my Caribbean tan now. Too many margerhitas last night.......blahh....

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20800[/url]

[b]150mm!!![/b]

Edit: The note at the bottom of the picture is from the local news paper, not my own writing.
View Quote

Cute toy.  Too bad you don't get to live fire it like you can with a decent CW cannon.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#45]
I used to play army, but the army told me they would give me 1/2 of my base pay if I would stop.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Yea I get paid to play Army, I collect guns and I shoot. And what was really funny is when I told my Col that I was considering building my own lower receiver he looked at me and said I was beyond help.[:D]
     FREE
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#47]
i'm a poser.  

i wear bdu pants (solid color).  the way i'm seeing it is when i go out shooting i shoot a lot.  i need something to hold my extra mags with quick reloads, and a holster for my sidearm.  i could get some gear and wear it with my blue jeans,etc but i might look like more of a dork that way than just wearing some bdu pants.  i don't tuck my pants into my boots though.  i'll save that for the mall ninjas and such.

i've always liked military related things and since i couldn't get in if i tried (i would need a medical deferrment for a couple different things) this fulfills my interest.

some guys..might take it a little far..i seem to remember a thread 'lets see you tac out' (darkhelmet?) and there's that one guy from AZ with the mg's who has IR shit and helmet on.  i don't think i'd post pics of myself online like that.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't play army, cause I'm not too keen on the military. If I was I'd join by now. Not to say I don't support those who are in the military.

I don't want to have to shoot any other human being in my lifetime. To do so might sour my interest in firearms.

To me guns are fun - to shoot, to buy, to maintain, and to read abou/discuss. I also like the smell of gunpowder.

I don't know if it gets any deeper than that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20800[/url]

[b]150mm!!![/b]

View Quote

Cute toy.  Too bad you don't get to live fire it like you can with a decent CW cannon.  [:D]
View Quote

You're just jealous. [:D]

You are right though.  five pound charges of pyrodex are all we can shoot.  It only has a 5K range, but makes up for it with a 200M 100% kill zone.  Not something to shoot in your back yard.

Clean_cut, I will give you credit for stating that you don't want to shoot someone.  Most people would rather sound like heroes. I told a person who was looking to buy a handgun for protection just last week - home defence guns are like nukes.  They are nice to have if you need them, but you really don't ever want to have to use them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#50]
LEO here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top