Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 6:02:29 PM EDT
I have worked on GM cars all my life. I've done very little work on "other" peoples Fords. I need a little Ford help here. I don't need any "what you get for buying a Ford" comments. I am a GM guy that owns 6 Camaros and Trans Ams. My wife drives this piece of crap Mustang GT because she wanted to try something different. It didn't take long for her to say "I shouldn't have sold my Camaro".

20 some thousand miles and this thing needs rear brakes! 2000 Mustang GT. Disc brakes. I took everything apart and am ready to put back together. How do I open the caliper back up? There are 2 notches on there. I assumed it was one you screw back open with a special tool I am not going to get at this hour. It looked like the tool from my grinder might work, it did. I've turned this thing like 20 times clockwise and it doesn't seem to be moving. I keep busting up my hands because it is hard to turn and the tool keeps slipping. I don't want to try and clamp it if it is supposed to screw and break something. WTF?

I need this thing open another 1/2 inch and am pissed off. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top