Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 3/2/2019 4:00:23 PM EDT

Got a certified letter from the new Democrat Agriculture Commissioner stating that my concealed weapons permit was indefinitely suspended because I had an injunction (restraining order) on me from 2003. I called the county clerk and they have no records of any injunctions with my name on them. Went to the CWP office to explain, they confiscated my carry permit and told me that I had to go to the courthouse and get a court certified letter that states that they have no record of any injunctions on me before they'll give it back.

You'd think the state would just call the county to confirm instead of dragging me and my rights into this. This is the new Dem commissioner who stole the position when Broward County miraculously found all of those missing dem votes.

I have a feeling Florida CWP holders are going to be in for some shit the next few years with her at the reigns.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Best thing is to track down her year books from
School. Seems to be enough of that lately to keep em tied up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Got a certified letter from the new Democrat Agriculture Commissioner stating that my concealed weapons permit was indefinitely suspended because I had an injunction (restraining order) on me from 2003. I called the county clerk and they have no records of any injunctions with my name on them. Went to the CWP office to explain, they confiscated my carry permit and told me that I had to go to the courthouse and get a court certified letter that states that they have no record of any injunctions on me before they'll give it back.

You'd think the state would just call the county to confirm instead of dragging me and my rights into this. This is the new Dem commissioner who stole the position when Broward County miraculously found all of those missing dem votes.

I have a feeling Florida CWP holders are going to be in for some shit the next few years with her at the reigns.
View Quote
Feature, not bug
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
He only stole it if people cared or didn't want him elected.

Judging by the crickets and lack of response he must be what the people want.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
All part of the plan
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
"She". And the only person in any position to do anything was more worried about his own ass.

Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew she was going to pull crap like this.
Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Only thing to do is to head down to the courthouse, explain the situation, and see what they can do for you unfortunately
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Not possible
He has the NRA stamp of approval.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you actually have any issues involving the court in 2003?

I ask because I know someone that had an issue pop up a decade after the fact (some sort of reclassification).
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Only thing to do is to head down to the courthouse, explain the situation, and see what they can do for you unfortunately
View Quote
It's an easy fix, I'm gonna go on Monday and have them write up and court seal a letter then drop it off at the CWP office. It's just a PITA and they're making me do all the legwork on their bullshit.

I've had my permit for 12 years now, I also had an FFL along the way. Pulling this shit out of thin air is bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
@miami_JBT
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
She stole that seat while all the bullshit recounting over Senator and governor was ongoing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#15]

The resemblance is uncanny
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]
You're lucky they didn't want to take your guns...just in case
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone has an expired RO it is still a DQ for a Florida CCW?
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's an easy fix, I'm gonna go on Monday and have them write up and court seal a letter then drop it off at the CWP office. It's just a PITA and they're making me do all the legwork on their bullshit.

I've had my permit for 12 years now, I also had an FFL along the way. Pulling this shit out of thin air is bullshit.
View Quote
Yeah, I know.  I feel for you man.  Gigantic pain in the ass
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#19]
They are hoping you wont fight it and just quit carrying
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All part of the plan
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Love how they make you prove your innocence instead of showing you the documentation justifying the suspension.

If it ends up being their mistake I would post and publish the error to protect the next guy. Too bad the person making the error doesn't get suspended themselves.

Good luck OP!
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#22]
She got the the crazy face. Bitch be scary yo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
They have it now.  Let’s see how long it takes for you to get it back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If someone has an expired RO it is still a DQ for a Florida CCW?
View Quote
I believe you have to wait 3 years to apply, same for DUI.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Should be required reading and it accurately describes OP's plight.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Land of the Free
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]
You've been "Fried".
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#28]
They are being dicks on purpose.  They probably did that to as many people as they could without raising suspicions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is the new Dem commissioner who stole the position when Broward County miraculously found all of those missing dem votes.
View Quote
That really sucked. Democrats almost stole the entire fucking state out from under you guys. Sorry to hear you are being screwed with.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Once it’s straightened out sue ‘em. Democrat tactics.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Sue
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#33]
They will accept that court letter from you then take years to "verify" with the court its authenticity....
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sue
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Surprised they didn't "red flag" you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I bet you they charge you to fix their fuckup.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#37]
That's why I don't respond to certified letters.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I believe you have to wait 3 years to apply, same for DUI.
View Quote
Fucked up,. Seeing as one is a conviction and the other is typically a rubber stamp from a scared judge.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Might have been one was taken out against you but service was never effected on you. There would be a record of sorts of one being sworn but no "return of service" or "return of writ". I'm not familiar with Florida laws but where I live, those expire after a given period of time unless they're reissued and that might be the case here. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a pattern can be established, the AG could go after her criminally for harassment/ intimidation or misconduct in office. You have to be willing to fight back or just accept it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Inalienable

Not subject to sale or transfer; inseparable.

That which is inalienable cannot be bought, sold, or transferred from one individual to another. The personal rights to life and liberty guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States are inalienable.

They only have perceived power, all that goes away when the people decide their inalienable rights are more important and take the power back. Freedom and Liberty are scary things to many people, hence the reason why we're in this mess right now.

The people that actually give a shit about liberty are too law-abiding to do what's really needed and "they" know that. Eventually, they'll make us all outlaws and then balance will be restored.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Did you have an issue back in 2003? I don't believe an old issue cleared up should be a problem, just trying to understand how this came up at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They are hoping you wont fight it and just quit carrying
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Did you have a restraining order against you?
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did you have a restraining order against you?
View Quote
I had some problems with some people back then, but no restraining orders that I know of.

Even then, my 2007 application was approved, my 2017 renewal was approved and I had an FFL approved in 2008.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#46]
this sounds like the IRS and the Tea Party
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They will accept that court letter from you then take years to "verify" with the court its authenticity....
View Quote
I would expect this to happen
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Surprised they didn't "red flag" you.
View Quote
Fucking scary and could still happen
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top