Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 1:58:31 PM EDT
BORING!!!!

Like the helicopter pilot would have said "Sure, I'll turn this thing around and go back."

The rest of the team would have gone against orders to go back?

Africa is a cesspool.........But he had "deep feelings" for the people?.......Gimme a friggen break.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhhmmm, did you just see this movie for the first time today???

Cause it's been around awhile now.  

Other than that, try to remember that it is indeed a movie.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
There were a lot of things wrong with that movie. Things that would never have happened. Like why wasn't the doc shipped out on the 1st load? Short movie that's why. However it was entertaining a little, & they had cool weapons.
I bought it thinking it might be good as I skipped seeing it at the theater because of the reviews around here. I figured if it was good I bought it for about what going to the movies would have cost. Live, learn, & listen to those who know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a movie..............Entertainment!!.......If I want factual and realistic imaging in look in a mirror!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
This movie sucked ass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Putting others' lives in danger (against orders) and all over a piece of tail???

I laughed at all the candid, in motion cleavage shots.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked the guns..................................................uh, nuff said I guess.

Tj
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Bad story, good actors, and pretty good combat action.  Not the best.  Just my $0.02  [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uhhmmm, did you just see this movie for the first time today???
View Quote

Uhhmmm, yeah.

And "time" didn't make it any less boring.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
TOTS is one of those movies that can only be enjoyed if you turn off the 'Technical Detail Detector'. You won't enjoy it much if you approach it as a challenge to your ability to spot backwards mounted CCO's or mislocated commo gear.

Think of it as a love story with guns or a childrens story with very mature themes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
No sir, I did not like it !
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
It was better than some.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I loved the B.W. line: "Cowboy Up" in the middle of the jungle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had it for 2 months now and haven't watched it yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#14]
....a shitty movie.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Comeon guys, whether you think it was shitty or not.  It IS at least entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
That movie sucked ass.

It was nothing but a chick flick in disguise.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I liked it ok, I'm biased because Bruce is a great American.

I did however hate all of the good guys getting wasted one by one at the end and the F-18's getting there just in the nick of time. The village raid was badass though. It is a MOVIE!

COZ

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Neat Guns and nice clevage on a hotty -  nuf said!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't care for it, but I'm sure if the nurse tore off her shirt to make bandages, I would've liked it alot more!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Moooooooovie...

as in not reality...

as in FICTIONAL movie...

Fiction as in not portraying REAL events...
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Is that the movie with Monica Bellucci?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I realize that its just a movie....hence, not real. And it STILL sucked ass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL..............Some of you talk in detail as you realy know what the hell a seal or any other special ops guys would do. The more I read some of these threads, the more I sit here and laugh my a$$ off. You know the type, the ones who read any book that deals with anything speacial ops and reads it over and over then starts to think they were realy there then comes on to this site and others thinking they know or have a clue about what the hell they are talking about. After all I don't think I have ever meet, talked, or even seen anyone who was just a regular soldier in the armed services. Everyone is a SEAL, GREEN BERET, RANGER, DELTA FORCE, RECON,  SPECIAL THIS SPECIAL THAT. Come on back down to the planet earth after all its just a movie SYCO RAMBO.

P.S.
If reading this makes you mad, I'm more than likly talking about you. HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISMAS TO ALL.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#24]
My problem with the movie is that is realistically would have been over by the first act.

SEAL: "Ma'am, we've been sent here to evacuate all American personnel from the area."

DOCTOR: "I won't leave unless you also evacuate this entire native village."

SEAL: "I'm sorry you feel that way.  Have a nice life."
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is that the movie with Monica Bellucci?
View Quote

yes

my take on the movie:

plot sucked

cool toys
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There were a lot of things wrong with that movie. Things that would never have happened.
View Quote

There was nothing "wrong" with the movie.  Fiction requires suspension of belief.  If the Director wanted to portray truth, he'd make a documentary.

That's the problem w/ having good working knowledge of weapons and tactics.  People begin to think that movies were made w/ them in mind, when in fact, they were made for the general public.  You're average Joe and Jane don't care if in real life the helicopter pilot would have not turned around.  They just want a good story.  

I know that realistically speaking, the movie would have ended w/ the doctor getting on the chopper and landing on the carrier.  People seem to expect way too much from fiction.  I think it is unrealistic to expect what's realistic from fiction.  Now, it's good to add "realism" to fiction, to assist the reader in suspended belief, but that's all it's for.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#27]
The weapons and use of weapons was the only good thing, none of that crap would have gone down like that in real life.  Of course, it WASN'T real life, it was just A MOVIE.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#28]
I liked it.

Thise of you critiquing commo gear placement, tactics, etc - what the hell do you know about SEAL TTPs?  

I don't know shit about 'em, I know I don't know shit, so I watch he movie for the story - and I don't try to learn from or critique tactical stuff.

Jeesh, i think 6pak2go hit the nail right on the head.

As for why the helicopter pilot turned around:  HE WAS TOLD TO?  How difficult is that to understand.

Some of you are critiquing the behavior and actions of the men in response to BW's character's orders.  I am no SEAL, but I have commnded soldiers for years.  All the human behavior dynamics and interplay were VERY well-written.  Sorry if it wasn't RAMBO IV.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top