Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 10:40:20 AM EDT
Sorry if this has been posted already. There was a post ealier this week whe he turned up missing.
He had pulled a drowing illegal from the water just prior to becoming missing. He had three children and his wife is eight months pregnant...

Dec 21, 2003
Agent's death accidental; smuggler may face charges, says Border Patrol Yuma sector chief

The autopsy performed on U.S. Border Patrol agent James Epling revealed he died as a result of an accidental drowning and that there was no foul play involved, officials announced at a news conference Saturday. However, according to Michael Nicley, patrol agent in charge of the Yuma sector, charges still could be filed against the smuggler agents currently have in custody for his role in the death, in addition to charges of alien smuggling.

Source: Yuma Daily Sun
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[USA]

My prayers to his family.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[USA]

My prayers to his family.
View Quote

Roger that...
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Dec 21, 2003
Agent's death accidental; smuggler [red]may [/red]face charges, says Border Patrol Yuma sector chief[/b]

MAY be charged!!

damn no wonder theey feel they have a "right" to sue the US... their actions result in the death of an agent and we MIGHT press charges!!..
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=76&t=219518[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
What a dumb way to die.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What a dumb way to die.
View Quote

Hope I die that dumb.

CW
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
anyone he is after should be charged with manslaughter.....right?

Jeeze, I dont know what to say...except, Start shooting theses MFer's....

Fuck them!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with Bush....?  Something needs to be done.

I'd like to say "Thanks" for the border guys.

Prayers sent for this man's family....

-HS
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a dumb way to die.
View Quote

Hope I die that dumb.

CW
View Quote

What---- saving a person who was committing an illegal act and dying yourself ??

Go for it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a dumb way to die.
View Quote

Hope I die that dumb.

CW
View Quote

What---- saving a person who was committing an illegal act and dying yourself ??

Go for it.
View Quote

At least the guy was DOING SOMETHING, better that your eventual anurism whilst jerking off or taking a dump.

3 kids and a pregnant wife. God bless his family.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm for giving the boot to all the illegals in this country, but there is something basic about being human that rises above self-preservation. Yes, and if the opportunity arises, I will go for it.

CW
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a dumb way to die.
View Quote

Hope I die that dumb.

CW
View Quote

Go for it.
View Quote

At least the guy was DOING SOMETHING, better that your eventual anurism whilst jerking off or taking a dump.

View Quote

I see you follow the rules here-

probably like you follow them at work-

speaks to your character!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a dumb way to die.
View Quote

Hope I die that dumb.

CW
View Quote

Go for it.
View Quote

View Quote

I see you follow the rules here-

probably like you follow them at work-

speaks to your character!
View Quote

And to yours also.

CW
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Definate hero and a loss to human kind.

If the Mexican involved was paid for smuggling the Chinese in it should be Murder 1, death as a result of a felony.

Tj

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 27 years as a public servant 3 life saving ribbons -
I ssued for saving a person at the risk of my own life.
I think you misunderstand my post.
It was not meant to reflect on the officer, just the circumstances of his demise, if you can not understand , ok.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#16]
My bad. Totally misunderstood your meaning. Maybe "senseless" rather than "dumb" would have conveyed the intended meaning.

CW
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
maybe
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Precisely the reason I avoided putting the original thread in the GD, to avoid the bickering that was sure to follow.

Apparently some here would watch a woman drown instead of trying to help. Speaks volumes.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Precisely the reason I avoided putting the original thread in the GD, to avoid the bickering that was sure to follow.

Apparently some here would watch a woman drown instead of trying to help. Speaks volumes.

View Quote

I sure would not die trying to protect the life of a person who was breaking the law. If you can not understand that , again ok.

If you would choose to risk death to save a bank robber who jumped into a river to  escape you,  well it is your life, your decision.

I would have  called the divers and let them get some O/T looking  for him/her --- I am PC makes no difference.

View Quote

That is rich, calling civil comments/discussion on a post bickering, the only rude character I have seen here is a LEO, named FiveO.

Cold_Warrior, disagreed with me but was civil about it. The more I see FiveO post the more I get the feeling he is one of those I am above the law types.

[url]http://www.copcrimes.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The more I see FiveO post the more I get the feeling he is one of those I am above the law types.

[url]http://www.copcrimes.com/index.html[/url]
View Quote

Your feeling is wrong, Pal, but have at it. Heck "report" me to "copcrimes.com" that'll teach me! That "complaint" would have about as much credibility as the few rants I was able to force myself to read there.

Frankly I question that your post did not intentionally trivialize the Agent's sacrifice, but that is based on the "feeling" I get from reading many of your posts and hey, I could be wrong.

Take care now.

Edited to add that this thread should not have "gone there" and to offer my apologies for my role in that happening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top