Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 6:54:52 AM EDT
I am thinking of getting a metal detector to look for coins and jewelry.I would like to stay in the $600 price range but would go up some if there is a real advantage to it.What would an ar15 user get?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You might not want to start off at $600 for a machine, you might want to try a cheaper model to see if your going to really get into it. I started off with a Bounty Hunter quick draw, it was like $150 when I got it, and certainly earned back it's share of just pocket change.
All the bells and whistles on $600 detectors you may find you can't use. For just coins and jewelry at parks and beaches you don't need more than a detector with discrimination and depth control. Expensive isn't always going to be better, try some of the Whites, or tesoro's detectors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top