Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 10:13:27 PM EDT
You have to familiar with the movie The Matrix to understand what I’ve written.  

While watching the original Matrix movie it dawned on me what a metaphor the “Blue Pill” vs. “Red Pill” decision is for our past and current political environment.

The “Blue Pill” types are Democrats, while the Red Pill types are Republicans.
The Blue Liberal states whose citizens would rather bury their heads in the sand and choose the easy though false world.
Their whole lives dictated by big government. All of the tough decisions made for them. Can you see New York & California as Blue pill states and Texas as a Red pill state?
Remember all of those Red states that voted for Bush and the few Blue states that went for Gore.

Just take a look at the Democratic presidential hopefuls and their stance on the war with Iraq and terrorism.
Some of them are pure Blue pill types such as Dean and Kucinich.
The others like Kerry, Gephardt, Lieberman remind me of Cypher. They took the red pill, but now after seeing how rough the fight is going to be, they’re now clamoring to get back into the Matrix.

How pathetic are Kerry & Gephardt, both voted for the war with Iraq, but now say we should still be talking it over at the UN and trying to win over France and Germany. These two presidential hopefuls are especially sickening.

I see myself as a Red pill type fighting to awaken my fellow NYers to see what’s really going on. But it’s such a struggle, it seems everyone I come across eagerly takes the Blue pill.

I think you can see where I’m coming from.
I could go on and on but I’m too lazy and have no energy right now.

I wonder if anyone else has written about this before.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard something like this awhile back.  Its also the same way with all of our rights some of us see them being taken away, others donot, we can see we are in for along fight, some people have or will giveup, others will go to the end.  Sometimes I do wish I did not see it all and fell into the blind sheeple group.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally thikn the the blue pill made you vget hard and then Trinity kicked your ass while the red pill was ruffies and the whole series of movies was Mr. Andersons dream while in his ruffied state.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Observations:

1. You cannot force someone to take the red pill.  It is something they must decide.

2. Once you take the red pill there is no going back.  You cannot unlearn the truth.

3. Life is easier with the blue pill, but the red pill leads you to who you were meant to be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
i took a green pill yesterday and it knocked me out for 8 hours!

helped with the cough...
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
What about the white pill?  Oh, wait, that's my Percocet.

I see six-foot cucumbers and dancing elves when I take that one! Especially after I wash it down with some Jim Beam.  

Smell the colors! [booze]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was all about the Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit song, which says:

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small,
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall.
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall,
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call.
Call Alice
When she was just small.
When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low.
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know.
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head. Feed your head. Feed your head
View Quote

You mean there's more to it than Alice in Wonderland?

"See how deep the rabbit hole goes..."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top