Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2003 7:30:00 PM EDT
One big assed "Oh shit!" and a new MP-5 barrel taken out of your paycheck!

One of our SWAT guys somehow mixed in a 9mm round in his mag... and did not catch on till he fired about 5 .40s behind it full auto! He said, "Well it did sound kinda funny..." So far 5 Deputies have applied to fill his slot on the team... OOPS!

Says a lot about H&K quality. Did a little better than the Kimber from Quib's post.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging Kar98.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
'Tis the season...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, that was certainly idiotic, but at least nobody was hurt.  I'd much rather pay for my mistakes with $ and bruised pride, than physical injury or death.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow is this the new fad?? I think I'll go pick up some 9mm to put in my SIG 2340...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep trying to put .50BMG into my G3 mags but they don't quite go in right...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Tomorroe Im going to try shooting a buch of surplus 7.62x54 Russian ammo I have laying around in My Enfield No.4

I mean, it should work, both the cartridge cases are rimmed [BD]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have that pic of 13 rounds plugging an mp5 barrel?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tomorroe Im going to try shooting a buch of surplus 7.62x54 Russian ammo I have laying around in My Enfield No.4

I mean, it should work, both the cartridge cases are rimmed [BD]
View Quote

Can I try some of your Enfield ammo in my Drag? [:\]

CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone have that pic of 13 rounds plugging an mp5 barrel?
View Quote

I'd love to see that! I don't know if the weapon finally jammed, he ran dry or just stopped shooting. I guess he could have kept stacking 'em!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks fine to me Captain but I'm too drunk to notice ossifer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw someone load a glock mag backwards, I corrected them although it would have been interesting to see what happened.  

How did he manage to mix up rounds like that? 40 and 9mm look pretty diffrent to me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How did he manage to mix up rounds like that? 40 and 9mm look pretty diffrent to me.
View Quote

Rectal/Cranial Inversion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Says  a lot for the SWAT Cops.  What a Dumbass
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

SWAT Cop, as in singular; one. We have a damned good team, actually.

In reality it was a simple accident. Careless and avoidable but an accident nonetheless. Fortunately it happened during training and not on a call out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

In reality it was a simple accident. Careless and avoidable but an accident nonetheless. Fortunately it happened during training and not on a call out.
View Quote

Hmm....or maybe it would have been BETTER to happen on a call out, so he could shit his pants trying to figure out why BG isn't down...then take a few to the vest for good measure and walk away with:

No SWAT job.

A bruised sternem, ribs and maybe a few internal organs.

A garnishment set for equal payments for the replacement barrel/weapon.

There is no place for carelessness on a SWAT team.  [wave]  Bye.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Hmm....or maybe it would have been BETTER to happen on a call out, so he could shit his pants trying to figure out why BG isn't down...then take a few to the vest for good measure and walk away with:

No SWAT job.

A bruised sternem, ribs and maybe a few internal organs.

A garnishment set for equal payments for the replacement barrel/weapon.

There is no place for carelessness on a SWAT team.  [wave]  Bye.
View Quote

He is being replaced. Gun goofs are fatal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Rectal/Cranial Inversion.
View Quote

He would'nt happen to be one of those type who think that anyone who is not LEO or Military should not own a gun becuase they do not know how to handel and use it is he.  Just wondering.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#18]
i cant stress this enough. use the same caiber weapon for subgun and sidearm. this eliminates the problem!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#19]
brr-brr-brr-brr-pwee-brruk-brruk-brruk-brruk

"Hey, this thing sounds funny..."
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Says a lot about H&K quality.
View Quote

And it speaks volumes about that SWAT members "quality".
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn red x's.....am I the only one not to see the pictures?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'r either SWAT, or you're not.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#23]
In the second pic, it looks like the barrel's just beginning to split.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.
View Quote

No shit??!! I have a new ISP and I'm using my alloted webspace as a host.... Shit, that sucks. I guess AR15.COM can really put a hurting on some bandwidth.

I resized the pics down a bit to maximize the number of views. Y'all let me know if that works. I still see them but I guess I have the images cached on my HD...

As far as the jabs go, remember that this was stupid, but there are a lot more stupid non-LEO gun owners... I just posted this because I thought it would be of intrest.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I moved them to my old server. It should be active for a few more days. This does not bode well for my new ISP! [:(!]

Test image, playing with my new host...

[img]http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/170/170617/folders/116664/805370TacGear.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Interesting. Are they going to really throw him off the team and take the cost of the Brl out of his pay check? that seems counter productive to me. I'm not going to practice with any piece of expensive equipment if I know i'll have to pay for it if it breaks. Evertime someone crashes a patrol car do you have them write a check for a new Crown Vic?

In most of the instances I have seen like this, there have been contributing factors, such as a RO or trainer continuing his lecture during "administrative" tasks. Sorry, If your using several different calibers, STFU while the mags/weapons are being prepped. You are a lot more likely to shove a 40SW round in a 9mm mag if your loading the mag while the RO is commanding your attention demonstrating the next technique or drill.

Every round should be instpected before being loded into the gun. Is it the right headstamp? Is the case cracked? Is there a primer? Is the primer inverted? Ect... You can do all that while the "instructor" is trying to teach the next segment, yet you will see it at most any shooting school.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Interesting. Are they going to really throw him off the team and take the cost of the Brl out of his pay check? that seems counter productive to me. I'm not going to practice with any piece of expensive equipment if I know i'll have to pay for it if it breaks. Evertime someone crashes a patrol car do you have them write a check for a new Crown Vic?
View Quote

I agree AR but this, while certainly his most expensive goof, is not his first goof. Standing alone he would be GTG but... IMO he needed a reminder about the value of attention to detail overall. This was the last straw type of thing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i cant stress this enough. use the same caiber weapon for subgun and sidearm. this eliminates the problem!
View Quote

Which is why I'm buying a .40 cal handgun, to go with my 40 cal subgun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is why I'm buying a .40 cal handgun, to go with my 40 cal subgun.
View Quote

We do use .40 cal Sigs. The team was training with another jurisdiction at the time and they use old 9mm Beretta SMGs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Five0: Is there something attached outboard of your holster? Is that a spare mag, OC canister? Can you show a close up pic of the holster?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:50:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Five0: Is there something attached outboard of your holster? Is that a spare mag, OC canister? Can you show a close up pic of the holster?
View Quote

Nope, it is just a plain ole issued Safariland paddle. I think what you may be seeing is the tension screw. Noting special, nothing attached.

I need a better holster. We did a little drug suprise party the other day and when my partner jumped out of the back of the pick up he was in and drew, he drew holster and all!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:53:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Stupid question time. How can the gun do that? Why wouldnt it FTF on the 9mm and not cycle the next round in. Did he have a FTF and cycle the bolt himself?
I dont understand.[>:/]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Edit - he must have done a malf clearance drill when the 9mm went into the chamber.  I would think.

Five0, that takes balls to post stuff like that here.  Kudos.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Stupid question time. How can the gun do that? Why wouldnt it FTF on the 9mm and not cycle the next round in. Did he have a FTF and cycle the bolt himself?
I dont understand.[>:/]
View Quote

Apparently the 9mm fired, failed to extract and then the case got pushed fwd by the next .40 and subsequently pushed down the barrel...
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We did a little drug suprise party the other day and when my partner jumped out of the back of the pick up he was in and drew, he drew holster and all!
View Quote

That's why the only paddle I own is a locking paddle from Comp-Tac.

[img]www.comp-tac.com/images/sm_locking_paddle_1.jpg[/img]

The prongs go behind your belt and keep that very embarrassing thing from happening!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:52:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

TEAM?
The word means working together as in team work, a SWAT team is only as good as it's weakest member, correct?
So how is "your team" good?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

TEAM?
The word means working together as in team work, a SWAT team is only as good as it's weakest member, correct?
View Quote

Well, ARF is a good group despite your presence, jrzy.

We as in my Department, of which I am a member, get it? I am not interested in SWAT. I have too much on my plate as is and actually do more "fun" stuff like warrant executions, surveillances and take downs than they do.

The team is good. They are well trained, well equipped and have been very successful on their calls. They had a weak link and they got rid of him.

Try not to be an ass, man. Try.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

TEAM?
View Quote

We as in my Department, of which I am a member, get it? I am not interested in SWAT. I have too much on my plate as is and actually do more "fun" stuff like warrant executions, surveillances and take downs than they do.

The team is good. They are well trained, well equipped and have been very successful on their calls. They had a weak link and they got rid of him.

View Quote

I would rather be an ass than a cop who almost killed himself or a team member, get a clue will ya.

All too many times at the range and in other experiences I have seen inattention to detail by officers cause dangerous situations.
They take the tools of their trade way to lightly and for granted, some do not even own a cleaning kit, what does that tell you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#40]
So officer dumbass has been movd where he is not in a position to endanger the other team members, but is still in a psoition to endanger the public with his stupidity?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#41]
So officer dumbass has been movd where he is not in a position to endanger the other team members, but is still in a psoition to endanger the public with his stupidity?
View Quote

Meter maid.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#42]
[rolleyes] I love the internet. Shit happens in real life, no matter how perfect some of you pretend you are or want others to be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#43]
I once put a 20gauge shell in my 12gauge during a skeet shoot.  Somehow, it got mixed in my bag and I didn't notice it until I put it in and it rattled around.

When you're doing up-tempo training, things happen.  If nobody gets hurt and you learn from them, then it's a "learning" experience.  I'll leave it to his teammates to decide if he's a fuck-tard or not.

This guy wasn't sitting at a bench trying to cram a .308 in a .223.  I don't see any [i]gross[/i] negligence, so I'm not gonna shitcan a guy for a mistake that I've made myself.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
[rolleyes] I love the internet. Shit happens in real life, no matter how perfect some of you pretend you are or want others to be.
View Quote

Yeah, no shit. These guys must be some squared away 100% perfect mother fuckers! I wish I knew more perfect people.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
All too many times at the range and in other experiences I have seen inattention to detail by [red]officers[/red] cause dangerous situations.
View Quote

You have only seen that in [red]officers[/red] at the range, eh? Wow. I have seen 100 X more non LEO dumbasses at the ranges I've been to all my life.

Your 3000th post was really something, eh? Congrats.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

[b]jrzy[/b] is currently trying to win a Darwin Award. He often posts very articulated and well-thought out responses as evidenced by his many Bear Pit threads where his ass is often handed to him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#47]
One of the great things about this sight, is that we can learn through the experiences of others.

This incident shows the importance of both commonality of ammunition and attention to detail.

I appreciate FIVEO sharing the information.  Whatever action his dept. takes against this individual is an internal manner and of no concern to us.  It bothers me that the "armchair commandos" on this board would make generalizations which imply incompetence by association.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

TEAM?
View Quote

View Quote

*giggle*

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#49]
must be nice to play with those toys

the "little people" can't :(((
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]jrzy[/b] is currently trying to win a Darwin Award. He often posts very articulated and well-thought out responses as evidenced by his many Bear Pit threads where his ass is often handed to him.
View Quote

Yeah and you and him got a real thing going, eh?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top