Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 6:31:13 AM EDT
The pristine finish on new guns is starting to annoy me. It's a "Oh no, I scratched it!" waiting to happen.

I'd rather buy used guns with some wear on them. Then I can use them as weapons and tools, and not care about roughing them up a bit.

Anyone feel this way?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't mind dinging up my new guns, but I am not a glossy finish/walnut stocks kind of guy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The pristine finish on new guns is starting to annoy me. It's a "Oh no, I scratched it!" waiting to happen.

I'd rather buy used guns with some wear on them. Then I can use them as [i]weapons[/i] and [i]tools[/i], and not care about roughing them up a bit.

Anyone feel this way?
View Quote

Nope. I could care less if a new gun gets roughed up. It's a tool, it happens to all of them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I know exactly how you feel....that's why I started this thread back in sept. [url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=205062&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
New or used. I buy my guns to shoot. I bought my Colt Python NIB. Took my awhile to break down and shoot it, but I'm glad I did. I still keep it in its original plastic box and it still looks brand new. And let me tell you it is one SWEET ass gun.

BTW I think I'll shoot it tomorrow. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I want both - nicely finished guns to shoot targets and fondle, and rough guns that I can fall on for the woods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top