Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 12:34:02 PM EDT
Should have stayed in bed today. Woke up with a severe head cold, then had to take an ice cold shower as the pilot light had went out on the water heater sometime last night. Then by mistake I take the medicine that puts you in a coma rather than the non-drowsy medicine, didn't realize it until after I swallowed and then I looked at the pillbox.

On the drive to work, the top to my coffee mug was loose and I ended up pouring 16 ounces of steaming hot coffee into my crotch, got a nice burn on the frank and beans and ass. Have to turn around go back home and change clothes to realize that I had no clean work clothes left. Have to dig through the dirty laundry to find something that does not look too dirty (have to wear company logo shirt). I put some towels on the car seat and drive back to work.

So I show up to work an hour late, in a wrinkled up shirt, feeling like crap and have yet to have any coffee. My hair is full of static and is standing straight up because I laid too many towels on the wet car seat so my head was rubbing on the car roof. I then realize that I should have been in the executive meeting that started 35 minutes ago. I rush to the meeting and everyone stares at me, I apologise for my tardyness and have a seat.

Then I remember that I was to make a presentation to the board about a new product we are offering, so I take out my notebook computer to refresh myself on the details as it's been a few weeks since I've looked at it. The damn computer will not boot up - the batteries are dead, just at that point, I say "God fucking dammit" under my breath, but realized it was not under my breath at all and that I had shouted it, so now the board of directors, senior management are all staring at me again. I apologize and mumble something about computer problems. The president is giving me the evil eye at that point. Then I realize that everyone is still staring at me and noone is talking.

An associate sitting next to me whispers to me that it's my turn. Fine I'll just wing it, go to the front of the room and my mind goes blank, the coma inducing medication has kicked in and I can't think of anything to say, can't even think of the product name. People are starting to get impatient. So I start out with "You ever have one of those days...." and recount the story of how my day has gone on so far, the people are in tears laughing at how shitty my day has been so far.

I make my apologies and promise a brillant presentation at the next meeting and say that I am now going to the hospital to have my burns looked at. They laugh more and I exit the room, then my assistant whispers "Fly", and I'm thinking I don't see any flies, WTF? Then I look down and realize that my zipper was open the whole time, great!

I'm home now and feel better. My burns aren't too bad, nothing to go to the hospital over, but will my ego ever heal? Damn what a day!

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
... then my assistant whispers "Fly", and I'm thinking I don't see any flies, WTF? Then I look down and realize that my zipper was open the whole time, great!
View Quote

Perfect.

Hope your weekend goes OK. If not, please share!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
[ROFL2]

You slayed me when you swore in the meeting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
...And thus another AR15.com true story came to join such legends as TreeTop's "Fire" and  1Gunrunner's "How to kill the airplane lavatory"...

Congrats Hellraiser, you just became a part of AR15.com's unforgettable threads!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Im having that day TODAY!!!!!!!!, really, work was crap, came home got shit there too. oh well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Hellraiser.  Now every time I have a crappy day I will look at this post and feel much better about myself.  Even though your day sucked, you gotta admit that it's funnier than hell(raiser)![devil]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I really wasn't happy, I came home very angry at the world for my bad day. I came home and told the wife about my day and she was in tears (laughing), showed her my burns and she was rolling on the floor. Now that it's over I can laugh at it as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]
not to mention what number post that was also... [shock]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just realized that I have lost my cell phone as well, probably fell off my belt after I spilled the coffee on the "boys" and pulled over on the side of the road to assess the damage. I think I should go to bed before this day kills me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top