Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 6:04:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I remain hopeful as well, but with a side of pessimism.  I fear this country is only 10 to 20 years from revisiting the 1860's, unless things change...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahem,

Didn't someone mention someting about the SCOTUS decision being no big deal because there will always be a "work around?"

- LS
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Edited, but I reserve the right to be a smartass later if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
NRA TV, Channel 45
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Never mind the workarounds, how about some civil disobediance here? Come on, go ahead and put us in jail for speaking. Just try and do it. We dare you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not surprisingly, the NRA's actions have generated outrage. Senator John Kerry demanded that the Federal Election Commission block any attempt by the NRA to get a media exemption claiming: "We urge you to prevent the NRA from hijacking America's airwaves with the gun lobby's money."
View Quote

YEE HAA! Cool, that is music to my ears!

This is what we as members pay the NRA to do. The NRA has a obligation to circumvent these BS laws, whether its the '94 AW banning assualt-style weapons or the campaign finance law. This is their purpose. The NRA is not supposed to nice guys to the anti-gunners, they are supposed to present our side of the story, whereas the anti-gunners have the pre-dominately liberal general news media.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn!

...and I just finished spending an entire day stringing up a new rhombic, so's I could pick up "Radio Free NRA"...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top