Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 4:16:43 AM EDT
What is up with this family? It doesn't sound like the girl was paying attention when she was in church.

I like Abby's reply.
-----------------------------------------------

DEAR ABBY: I am writing because my 12-year-old daughter, "Dorothy," is pregnant for the second time. Due to our religion, we do not believe in birth control or abortion. We kept the first baby, but we're afraid if we keep the second, Dorothy will continue to have premarital sex. Should we abort this one or let her have this baby, too? Please reply soon. -- CONCERNED PARENT IN TEXAS

DEAR CONCERNED: Whether your 12-year-old daughter should carry her second child to term is not a decision I can, or should, make for you. Because of her tender age, there could be medical risks involved. Take your cues from her OB/GYN.

It should be clear by now that your daughter is, and will continue to be, sexually active. Unless you intend to keep her under lock and key, she MUST be educated about sexually transmitted diseases and birth control. Since you consider using birth control a sin, please consider that it's a bigger sin to bring children into this world if you cannot educate and support them emotionally and financially.

P.S. You haven't mentioned how old the father(s) of these babies are. If they are more than four years older than Dorothy, she could be a victim of statutory rape, and you should notify the police.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]
"I might have been born just plain white trash
But Fancy was my name "
(written by Bobby Gentry)
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
P.S. You haven't mentioned how old the father(s) of these babies are.
View Quote

Why do I get the feeling it's her father that is the father.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It doesn't sound like the girl was paying attention when she was in church.
View Quote

Not enough info to form an opinion, but it seems to me like her parents should be sterilized.  How the fuck does a 12yo get pregnant twice?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
[:O][:(]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
How the fuck does a 12yo get pregnant twice?
View Quote

When moms way father and daughter will play

If they are more than four years older than Dorothy, she could be a victim of statutory rape, and you should notify the police.
View Quote

more then 4 years? WTF. So you mean to tell me that a 16 year old can be arrested for having sex with a 12 year old. They have to be over 18 stupid c*nt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

(I bet that get's awfully confusing at the family reunions. (oh well, they just go to reunions to pick up chicks [;)])
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they are more than four years older than Dorothy, she could be a victim of statutory rape, and you should notify the police.
View Quote

more then 4 years? WTF. So you mean to tell me that a 16 year old can be arrested for having sex with a 12 year old. They have to be over 18 stupid c*nt.
View Quote

You might want to check the various state laws before you call someone a 'stupid c*nt.'
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
my wife and i see this sort of thing all the time at the hospitals we work at.

a 16 y/o can have charges of sex acts against a minor due to the fact in many states 15 is the minimum age of "consent"..

any younger than 15 and that is statutory rape.

alot of times..we have grandparents just waiting for ...the DNA swabs...to be brought out.

75% of the time here the girl will be black or hispanic.

i'd agree that child welfare needs a thorough evaluation..
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it's a bogus letter [i]as are most letters that appear in Dear Abby [/i].

[i]Edited to complete my original sentence.[/i]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#11]
ArmdLbrl ought to be along any second now and tell us how well birth control training is working.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow!  If that rate is kept up she could be a 50 year old great-great-grandmother!

These parents obviously do not know how to be parents if their daughter is doing this.  I'll bet that they're baptists or something, and do not let her daughter do ANYTHING sinful, I.E. cards, movies, dancing, video games, etc., so she's rebelling.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

DEAR ABBY: I am writing because my 12-year-old daughter, "Dorothy," is pregnant for the second time. Due to our religion, we do not believe in birth control or abortion.
View Quote

Does their religion think it's okay for a 12 year old to be a [b]WHORE[/b]??

So baby #1 was when she was 10 or 11 years old?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Smells like BS.  The letter claims the 12 year old kept the first child, which means she was no older than 11 when first impregnated.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
May not be BS:

In 1988 the median age at menarche (first menstruation) was 12.5 years among US girls.

That is 15 years ago and supposedly we're losing roughly a year per generation.  I'm not sure when this trend is supposed to bottom out.

In Africa and in developing countries the age is down around 9 or 10.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I've talked to nurses in inner-city hospitals that have [b]9 & 10 years olds that are pregnant!![/b]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#17]
In the Elementary school I work at we have 9 and 10 year olds getting their first menstruation.

12 with her second child... might not be that farfetched.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Creeps.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Good grief.... [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top