Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 9:01:26 PM EDT

I tore some cartlidge in my knee. MRI confirmed this. I'll be going under in the morning.

So I'll be home for a few days afterward. So if I say, some stupid shit in the next week. It will be the narcotics speaking to ya!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Not getting scoped? With the scope you are in and out in a day and drugs are minimal.

CW
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, like CW said, are you getting 'scoped'?

If not, you musta busted it up pretty bad...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck.  The wife is going in for full knee replacement on the 5th of Jan.  I'll be doing her job for a couple of weeks.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]

I survived. Yes they did scope me. I have two cuts, with one stitch in each one.

I tore up my cartlidge pretty bad. According to what my son said, the doc told him.

As for me, after I woke up. They shot me with some morephene before pulling my IV. So I was pretty _ucked up for the rest of the day.

Today/Saturday, I'm already up walking around. Even went shoping today.  

They gave me some Vicodin with Acetaminophen.
I took one last night. Went today without any pain medicine. I don't want to get addicted to this crap. So I'm enjoying the pain for now.

Now I must get into shape for the next Arizona shoot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, glad it was a scope.  Had two on one knee.  Exercise frequently, work it out and follow your doctor's instructions.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Going to the Casa Grande shoot? If so, we can swap knee surgery stories (R cartlidge '76, R PCL '80, R ACL '82, L cartlidge + PCL '84) Was the poster child for experimental ligament replacement surgery. I like to call myself the $60,000 man.

CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]

I'll be their Cold_Warrior.

This was my left knee this time. Four years ago it was my right knee. Six years ago it was my left shoulder.

Looks like you have me beat by one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I think "beat" is the appropriate term. [BD]

CW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top