Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 5:55:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Are there lots of people who target shoot in their backyard in an urban neighborhood?  They make it seem like it would be tough to track this moron down.  There'd be cops at his place as soon as he started shooting.

I like how CSI count 9 hits on his targets and say he "missed one" with a Beretta 92.  I wish the gunowner had said, "Actually I missed six times.  Ten round mags are for subjects!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/tv3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahahahaa, I knew people here were going to get bent over this one. As soon as he opened the door I just started laughing. They should have had a drum roll right before he opened the door! [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I never got to see the end of this episode. I assume the mystery 9mm bullet was a fly away from someone shooting in town.  CSI Miami does a pretty good job with some facts when they do ballistic testing, This original CSI is not quite as good.  I know in Miami no one would give a shit about gun shots heard.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[url]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/tv3.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Thats it Elvis, I'm right with ya!
                                                          [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to think that CSI was one of the most unrealistic "cop" shows on TV.  They are award winners compared to 10-8 Officers on Duty.  Ma Danby and I watch that just to see how much more stupid the new episode is over the last one. Well I do, Ma has decided that almost anything else is a better use of time.  (Her brother is an LASO Training Deputy so it is easy to spot the simple oops's.)

"Look they have graffitti's 187 and your name on this building.  Do you know what it means?"  "Duh, when I yam in New Yock it mean killing.  What does it mean here?"

Well since the CA Penal Code Section for Murder is 187, I would guess that the term originated with the LA area gangs and that's where the screenwriter heard it.  It may or may not be used other areas.  But it sure as hell didn't start on the East Coast and a Sheriff in LA would kinda oughta know what it was.

And oh yeah, where do Deputies go right out of the Academy?  To the Streets?  NO, they go to work in the jails for a couple of years first.

I can live with having their patrol area run from downtown to Santa Monica, having grown up around here I'm used to seeing familiar places on the screen.

I don't know if they are trying to be serious or tongue in chee.  They aren't doing too well either way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like how CSI count 9 hits on his targets and say he "missed one" with a Beretta 92.  I wish the gunowner had said, "Actually I missed six times.  Ten round mags are for subjects!"
View Quote

[lol] That would have been great.

I thought the same thing, I started laughing when they showed that stupid bitch yell "Are you trying to kill somebody...  And then the bullet flies straight up in the air only to land six blocks away in that poor woman's chest.  Then the guy says "It was just a little target practice [ROLF2]  Getting pissed over such shit just isn't worth it.  My wife was horrified that I laughed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
What's really sad?
There are pieces of shit who do stuff like that in real life.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#9]
i knew where that show was going in the beginning.    friend of mine is the HVAC guy at a small college.   a large AC unit went down several summers ago and they had to call in some help.   long story short they  found a 9mm bullet lodged in the coil, just enough to tear the copper.   they figured since the "bad" neighborhood was a couple of blocks away it was a stray.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
The one in Las Vegas doesn't suck nearly as bad as the Miami one.  David Corusso can't act to save his life.  His acting reminds me of William Shatner's (and his sucked too).
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top