Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 5:45:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
OK -

To me it doesn't really look like Christmas until there is snow on the ground.

I was born and raised in MN, but moved to AZ because I wanted to live in the southwest (that was 28 years ago).

Snow here in AZ is a very local thing, and I haven't seen it it years, I still miss that blanket of white snow that always defined Christmas morning for me...

Merry Chistmas to you all -
Terry
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When I was a kid it wasn't Christmas until I saw:

Beverly D'Angelo
View Quote

Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
A Christmas Story?
That fucking anti-gun piece of shit movie.
This was hashed out LAST year and it was voted as anti-gun propaganda.

Quoted:
When I was a kid it wasn't Christmas until I saw:

A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. But now I've added a few things.

It's Not Really Chrstmas Until...

1. I've seen National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (ahhh Beverly D'Angelo), A Christmas Story (poosbily the best Christmas movie ever made) and A Christmas Carol (The Alister Sims 1950s version).

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A Christmas Story?
View Quote

Still a fine bit of cinema. I like it. I like Beverly D'Angelo too. And the wife w/toys? I think Aug has got this one down pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Damm, I missed the anti-gun message in A Christmas Story. Guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I watch it!! The kid and the Dad were pro-gun and they won.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A Christmas Story?
View Quote

Okay, he's cut off.  He's officially spent too much time in front of the computer screen.  Pipe down soldier!

"He laid there like a slug...it was his only defense"

And for the record...Beverly D'Angelo was smokin' hot.[naughty]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]
To me its not Christmas until I get that holliday BJ from Mrs Claus.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A movie that ends with Ralphie sleeping with his BB gun is anti gun? Excuse me if I defer from the brilliant minds that deemed this movie anti gun.

More importantly, it was NOT about guns pro or con. It was a story and told in a satircal context. The characters had probable and likely opinions of a young boy with a BB gun.

Some of you guys are a fucking joke. Do you really sit locked in your basement with a list of 10,000 foods you won't eat because of their anti gun association watching only Red Dawn all day because all other movies are hollywood anti gun bullshit?

Bowling For Columbine is a deliberately anti gun movie.

A Christmas Story is just a movie.

Note the difference, adjust.
View Quote

It seems, given a sufficent amount of time, some people will deem every movie that comes out as anti-gun. A buddy of mine actually thinks Blackhawk Down as anti-gun movie. Look at all the killings. The horror.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Since I don't normally shop the malls very much during the year until Christmas time, it's not Christmas until I head out shopping for gifts for other people and end up buying myself more stuff than I buy friends and relatives.

As I was growing up, I did watch those first three shows on tv too, but it wasn't really Christmas then, until I got out of school for the holiday.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To me its not Christmas until I get that holliday BJ from Mrs Claus.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Jeez - where does a year go?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Christmas Story?

View Quote

A movie that ends with Ralphie sleeping with his BB gun is anti gun? Excuse me if I defer from the brilliant minds that deemed this movie anti gun.

More importantly, it was NOT about guns pro or con. It was a story and told in a satircal context. The characters had probable and likely opinions of a young boy with a BB gun.

Some of you guys are a fucking joke. Do you really sit locked in your basement with a list of 10,000 foods you won't eat because of their anti gun association watching only Red Dawn all day because all other movies are hollywood anti gun bullshit?

Bowling For Columbine is a deliberately anti gun movie.

A Christmas Story is just a movie.

Note the difference, adjust.
View Quote

ACS is the funniest Christmas movie ever (with a close second to Christmas Vacation:
"We were shitting bricks.."
"Honey, you shouldn't use that word"
"Sorry, Uncle Clark...Shittin' Rocks..")

Funny Funny Shit.

And I see no "anti-gun" message in ACS other than those that are against Ralphie having his blue Steel beauty are irrational and silly, offering no GOOD reason for him not to have one other than their own silly and unfounded fears, much like modern day antis.

In the end, though, he gets his gun, doesn't shoot his eye out, and the movie ends with him cradling his gun as he sleeps peacefully, recounting that it wa sthe greatest Christmas gift he would ever recieve.

Where the hell is the anti gun in that???????

I agree with Steyr..there are gonna be a shitload of starving, naked and bored people that boycott everything on earth because they somehow see that it's "anti gun".

Save your efforts for those that pose a real threat, like Michael "Piece of watery fetid steaming vomitous dog shit" Moore and the Brady Bunch,  not for some straw-man kids movie.

Oh, and, the scene on the playground with the kid sticking his tongue to the flagpole is absolutely one of the best scenes to ever grace the silver screen.

SG
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#13]
MarianLibrarian swears that movie was made about me, but with a Mini-14...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#14]
It's not christmas till I watch "Scrooged" with Bill Murray and "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
3. I've dressed the wife up in a slutty elf outfit and made her play with toys.
View Quote

Thought I was the only one that had an elf outfit for the wife. Hmm guess not.
CH
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#16]
women with hairy, pointed ears turn you guys on?
There's plenty of them at the local nursing home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
women with hairy, pointed ears turn you guys on?
There's plenty of them at the local nursing home.
View Quote

That is wrong in so many ways..But funny as hell!
[puke]

For the record I was thinking more along the lines of Liv Tyler and her costume but now thanks to you the outfit will have to go!

CH
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damm, I missed the anti-gun message in A Christmas Story. Guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I watch it!! The kid and the Dad were pro-gun and they won.
View Quote

Well I guess I'm a moron too because I find it as pro-gun as it gets. Come on, they edited the gun out of ET & it had nothing to do with guns. A Christmas Story is all about the gun, ask anybody and a Red Rider BB Gun is the first thing that comes to mind, then you have the good old ass wooping that Ralphy puts on the neighborhood bully, the 'F' word, Ralphy shooting crooks. Man, that whole damn movie is about growing up like a man not some Metrosexual.If I don't see an anti-gun message, %98 of the other American morons like myself have to see it the same way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Its not Christmas for me until I:
1 Feel like killing everyone in the stores that I am just trying to find and buy a CD.

2 Go insane from all the spoiled yuppie kids screaming at the top of their lungs in a store (usually followed by 7 more kids doing the same)

3 When the reality sets in that I have a very tight budget and barely afford all I can to get other people.

[v]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#20]
As a matter of fact I am locked in my pretend bunker right now defending my high school yearbook (Marmets!!) eating Snak-Pac pudding.
Red Dawn in playing on my computer.

Any questions?

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

3. I've dressed the wife up in a slutty elf outfit and made her play with toys.

View Quote

team forum pics!?!?!??!!  [:p]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#24]

[u]Memories:[/u]

Snow, iced sidewalks, packing [u]THE[/u] "Perfect" snowball, snowdrifts higher than the roof, bumper-hitching...

gray/black snow piled along the streets, nostrils freezing closed as you inhale your first breath of -15F air, the taste of icicles, the sting of getting cracked over the head with a 1.5" diameter icicle by your older brother...

watching snowflakes fall outside from the warmth of your Christmas-decorated living room, slush, the "thump" of [u]THE[/u] "Perfect" snowball hitting the side door of a passing car, the adrenaline rush as the driver jumps out and runs after you...

[u]Movies/Shows:[/u]

"Merry Christmas Charlie Brown"
"A Christmas Story"
"Natl Lampoon Christmas Vacation"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas" (not the Jim Carrey garbage)
"A Christmas Carol"

[u]Music:[/u]

Living Strings [rolleyes]
George Winston
Manheim Steamroller
Tijuana Brass (anyone know this one?)
Narada
Any version of "Greensleeves"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top