Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 4:01:23 PM EDT
/rant on/
Just watched an episode of the Simpson where Bart and Lisa go to military school.  At the firing range, Lisa is flying all over because her rifle is stuck on automatic.  Hate it when movies and shows portray automatic weapons as things that just go crazy and out of control.  
/rant off/
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
/rant on/
Just watched an episode of the Simpson where Bart and Lisa go to military school.  At the firing range, Lisa is flying all over because her rifle is stuck on automatic.  Hate it when movies and shows portray automatic weapons as things that just go crazy and out of control.  
/rant off/
View Quote

Well if you think that's bad then don't ever watch Road Runner cartoons.

You do know that the Simpson's are a cartoon, right?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well smarty pants... that was just an example.

I am a cartoon freak... just making an observation
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well smarty pants... that was just an example.

I am a cartoon freak... just making an observation
View Quote

I understand but the whole point of cartoons is that they are fantasy and not real, I remember once when daffy duck held the trigger down on a machine gun and went up in the air 10 feet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
And by the way you weren't just making an observation, you were pissed IE: the "/rant on/" because a cartoon character exaggerated the actions of a machine gun.
(as cartoons are apt to do)
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
True true.  Cartoons are not a good example for my particular rant.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My rant was incomplete.  Unfortunately I couldn't come up with more examples.  Ignorance is fuel of hatred and fear.  People hate guns because they don't understand them (generally speaking).  I had to explain to a friend once that a gas-operated gun has nothing to do with gasoline.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
In real life,a ringneck mallard firing an M2 Browning machine gun will fly an average of 23 ft. according to exhaustive duck tests performed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.So,you see,it's not like real life exactly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
True true.  Cartoons are not a good example for my particular rant.

View Quote

I know what you mean though, I hate when a TV show portrays guns as evil incarnate.
If you want a smile watch the old Andy Griffith and leave it to beaver and shows like that, every once in a while they have good episodes with guns, and ya know they portray them exactly as they are, tools and useful items.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont see any problem with this rant, as the sheeple are stupid and can think of cartoons as literal and base their opinions on guns from them.

Rant on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I dont see any problem with this rant, as the sheeple are stupid and can think of cartoons as literal and base their opinions on guns from them.

Rant on.
View Quote

And there lies our strength, if the liberal gun grabbing scumbags in this country are so fucking stupid they believe what a cartoon portrays as real then we already have a decided advantage,right?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I personally want my liberal enemise to cower in fear at the meer mention of a firearm. If they were more scared they would not dare to raise a fuss.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, then you probably shouldn't watch "The Wild Bunch" either.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In real life,a ringneck mallard firing an M2 Browning machine gun will fly an average of 23 ft. according to exhaustive duck tests performed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.So,you see,it's not like real life exactly.
View Quote

Last time I was in Stuttgart a mallard came through our blind with two mini-stinger missiles strapped to his wings. He was allowed a corridor of radar silence to pass through unprovoked!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#14]
anyone remember the movie....was it corky ramano or somthing like that where that fag that used to work at SNL played a mafia godfather's son who had to penetrate the FBI? there was one scene where he had to use a full auto m16 and the the thing got "stuck" on full auto and wouldnt "stop firing" and went all over the place because corky "couldnt control the recoil"

I know what you mean langadune. liberals use movie/TV BS all the time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit, I hope he never sees one of the Buggs Bunny / Elmer Fudd 'wabbit' hunting episodes...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Shit, I hope he never sees one of the Buggs Bunny / Elmer Fudd 'wabbit' hunting episodes...
View Quote

[fudd]Kill da Wabbit, Kill da Wabbit[/fudd]

Guten Nacht!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:46:14 AM EDT
[#17]
The little girl is what 10? Besides the creater of the simpsons I'm sure supports gun ownership. On one of the openings when they scan the baby at the supermarket the cash register says NRA4LIFE or something. It's a cartoon man.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#18]
oh really? well did you see the episode where homer buys a gun and the wife (cant remember her name) goes nuts and they go to an nra meeting and all of the members are portrayed as maniancs and irresponisble socially debunked crazies? and the wife says somthing like "you cant join in with these "gun nuts" with ALOT of emphasis on "nuts") then lisa hammers him with the load of crap about the 2nd amendment being an "outdated relic from revolutionary war days" and then said wife vows to leave homer unless he gets rid of the gun and of course he finally does and is rewarded the respect of his family.

ever see that episode. between that and the way they make fun of christians i have long since lost interest in that show.

cartoons are for entertainment, for everyone. when politics enters the arena then it ruins said cartoon for many people. [:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top