Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 3:19:32 PM EDT
Just something that I thought of regarding the "sniper" trials.
Is it just me or has there been a lot less coverage of this trial than you would expect ??
In my humble opinion, if the shooters had been white and especially if they were militia types, this would have been a media frenzy like the OJ trial.
I think the media are treating this trial with kid gloves because of two factors....the perps are black and they are "muslim".
Any thoughts ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what if any gag orders were in place, but I don't think Va allows cameras in court. What has shocked me is the mainstream media's failure to publicize the Muslim angle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You're reading my mind!  I was just thinking the same thing the other day.   The trials are getting a 10th of the coverage given to shootings themselves.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The media doesn't want the world to see the dark side of Muslims.  They want the world to believe they are wrongly oppressed victims.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]

I would say here in the Maryland area where many of the shootings happened it gets a good amount of coverage.

I cant speak for the other parts of the USA.

If these guys were white like Moose thought, I bet they would be all over the news though 24-7
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
There's just nothing salacious in the story, unless the media choose to pursue the NAMBLA track of the personal relationship between these two murderers. What you have is an angry, divorced, black, Muslim Army vet, and his sidekick, an angry, divorced (from his natural parents), black teenager driving around in a ratty old Chevy. Frankly, there's more where they came from.

Now if the murderer had been, say, a WASP from Upper Marlboro sneaking around in a white van pursuing som fanatical vision, there'd be a story. There is a predisposed notion that serial killers must be white whackos with some tie to a "fringe element." Well, folks, I'm certainly not the first to point this out, but "crazy" does not recognize racial differences.

These two murderers were just two nut-jobs with a rifle, killing for the fun of it. They had no purpose or motive in the selection of their victims; they just drove around until they found a target-rich environment. They were taking human life for sport, and should be summarily executed for their abhorrent crimes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess there is one positive aspect of the lack of coverage, there is a lot less focus and attention on the evil black rifle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess there is one positive aspect of the lack of coverage, there is a lot less focus and attention on the evil black rifle.
View Quote

but, but, WHICH evil black rifle?  The "evil spray hails of bullets from the hip because it isn't accurate" black rifle, or the "evil deadly accurate sniper" black rifle?  [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that you mentioned it, yes I agree there is less hype and coverage. I wonder.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Simple:

Two losers.

No cameras in the courtroom.

No great drama (there’s no doubt of their guilt).

No cute white woman (Laci Peterson) or cute white children (Elizabeth Smart or Jon Benet Ramsey) for victims.

At this point, just a boring story with no likely surprises.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... if the shooters had been white ... this would have been a media frenzy like the OJ trial. ...
View Quote

Who, of course, wasn't white either!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Wasn't this all so Muhammed could shoot his wife and get the kids back?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want coverage on this watch Fox News channel. If you don;t get that call your cable or dish operator and request the channel. They have updates daily on several shows. As a back up I know you have internet access so hit the foxnews website and look for updates. Almost daily they have at least one legal analyst comment on the case and latest developments.

Cameras are not allowed in the court room. If memory serves me only 1 media person is alloed in court room if it is same as Muhammad case. They are being tried in 2 different court system geograpically (Va. Beach and Chesapake) so could be different rules depending on judges preference.

I guess I'm up to date on this since I live in VA and get local news updates as well.

Also realize that the Saddam capture has change perspective on what the news is carrying at this time. Just wait 'til Muhammad's sentencing portion starts after the first of the year there will be more coverage than you can take.

Ya gotta love the VA rocket docket baby!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The media doesn't want the world to see the dark side of Muslims.  They want the world to believe they are wrongly oppressed victims.
View Quote

[:)]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Supposedly, a verdict was recieved today in the Malvo case, but I haven't heard what it is yet...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What has shocked me is the mainstream media's failure to publicize the Muslim angle.
View Quote
And I'm shocked that you're shocked by that.

What? The media downplaying yet ANOTHER [b]MUSLIM[/b] domestic terrorist??? Nahhhh...

Hey - when was the last time you heard about how the case against [b]Richard Reid[/b] (the Shoebomber) is going?

"The WHAT-bomber????" [>:/]

Hey - how about [b]Hasan Akbar[/b] - what's going on with him?

"Who????" [:\]

[i]{crickets}[/i]

Gee has it really been a [i]whole hour[/i] since any talking head's mentioned Scott Peterson?

[;D]

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember VERY well when it all went down.  Think back…  The story was PAGE ONE EVERYWHERE and FILLED the airwaves.  White militia types, anti-government profiles for sure, no doubt about it.  THEN they found out it was 2 Black Muslims.  The story shrank from public view faster than George Costanza’s penis while skinny dipping in the Artic Ocean in December.  Anyone that says it was something other than the shooters race and/or religion that caused a national crisis (and international sensation) to vanish from the media radar in HOURS is a tool or delusional.

I remember clearly that I could barely find any stories on-line during the arraignment.  There wasn’t hardly anything on the radar until the infamous made-for-TV movie and even that died a quick death in the public consciousness.  The trial got some coverage, but again NOTHING like the hunt did until they found out who we were dealing with.

If these were 2 Angry White Men™ we’d would have been inundated since Day One.  Their race and religion made the story too uncomfortable for the media that goes out of its way to show Blacks as victims and the Muslim connection is just impossible to touch in any sort of acceptable “PC” way.

What became the centerpiece of the event?  The tool, in this case a Bushy AR-15.  If the bastards had used a 10/22 or a beat to shit Mauser it would have hardly been mentioned.

To this day the weapon used is a rallying cry for the banners to extend the AWB.  Hell I heard far more about the “High Powered Assault Weapon”, the gun store it was stolen from, the evil of “Assault Weapons”. the failure of weak gun laws to prevent this crime and “America’s warped gun culture” than I ever did about the shooters and even the victims.

The criminals were Angry, Demented Black Muslims instead of Angry White Redneck Christian Militia Members.  That’s why you didn’t see or hear much about it.  Simple as that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Supposedly, a verdict was recieved today in the Malvo case, but I haven't heard what it is yet...
View Quote

Guilty!

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&u=/ap/20031219/ap_on_re_us/sniper_shootings_trial&printer=1]Guilty!Guilty!Guilty![/url]

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]
The reason that there has not been much media coverage is due to the fact that the suspects represent all 3 of the holy attributes for the liberal media:

- Black

- Muslim
- Faggots

Merlin
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They had no purpose or motive in the selection of their victims; they just drove around until they found a target-rich environment.
View Quote

According to Malvo's diary they were trying to set off the black revolution and get some payback for Whitey keeping the brothers down. Of course, that didn't get much publicity because only white people can commit racist "[s]thought[/s]hate crimes."
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#20]
This discussion is very racist and all you White people ought to feel very badly about pushing these Black men to rebel against an obiously racist society.  

Shame on you.  Damn Blue Eyed Devils.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top