Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 12:37:24 PM EDT
Damn these fucking Hollyweird bastards!  Can't they go find something else to fuck up?  I LIKED that show and have fond memories of it.

Christ!  *CARREY* playing Steve Austin?  Majors must be senile if he thinks this is a great idea.

I wonder who they'll get play Jaime?  Rosanne Barr?

www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-12/17/11.30.film

Majors Lauds $6 Million Carrey

Lee Majors, the original Six Million Dollar Man, told SCI FI Wire that he gives his blessing to an upcoming comedic feature film version of his iconic 1970s TV series, starring Jim Carrey. "I'm very happy about the announcement that Jim Carrey is going to be the Six Million Dollar Man in the movie," Majors said in an interview. "I think he's a great choice."

Majors said that he was favorably impressed with Carrey's performance in the hit fantasy film Bruce Almighty. "It was a real good movie, I thought, and I think this is one where he'll have some flat tires and some of it won't work, he'll short out a little bit," he said. "But I'm sure it will be quite funny."

Majors admitted that he once foresaw himself starring in a movie version of the show. "I always wanted to do the thing myself, when I finished the show, when it went off the air," he said. "What I wanted to do then was do a spoof of it, because I was so tired of doing it for real. ... I wanted to do a comic little TV movie just so everything didn't work." But Universal, which owned the franchise, was reluctant to undercut the show, which was still in syndication, he said, so the idea never materialized.

But Majors may have a chance to lampoon his Steve Austin image a little on UPN's similarly themed SF series Jake 2.0, on which he guest stars as a mysterious former NSA agent who helps out Christopher Gorham's Jake. That episode, "Double Agent," airs Dec. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to see Stone Cold Steve Austin play...himself, but yet, not himself.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Super Dave Osborne?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew-up with The Six Million Dollar Man. I liked the show.

But c'mon... in retrospect it is nearly a comedy in and of itself. I think Carrey will be hilarious in such a role. Looking forward to it...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Majors should get a cameo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#5]
It's been spoofed so many times since the original series, I can't imagine a fresh and funny approach to it.  The slo-mo running, the "use of strength" sound, equipment breakdowns, and accidental excessive force stunts have all been overdone in other series.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn for a second there I'd confused Jim Carey for Drew Carey!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Im wondering how they would make it any funnier than it was.

Hey, who remembers Bionic Bigfoot ?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.leemajors.co.uk/Series/Smdm/up6.jpg[/img]

And who of us wasn't out on the playground at school doing this in slow motion...
[running]Nanananana.....Nanananana.....[/running]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a thought... Bionic sex!  Slo-mo and with the sound effect.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Super Dave Osborne?
View Quote

You talkin to me?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top