Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 5:52:12 AM EDT
There are some really good (and brave) kids still out there. I wish we heard more about the good that today's youth are doing instead of just the bad. You have to read this!!!!!!

Students subdue teacher's attacker
www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/1203/18heritage.html
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, we need more kids like that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow...fine young men.

It's a good thing that teacher isn't a harpie bitch.

-HS
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#3]
These are 16 and 17 yr olds.

I posted this because I, for one, am tied of hearing and seeing predominately negative things about todays youth. These kids need to be recognized for their actions and their story needs to be told if only to serve as a reminder to old cranky asses like myself and as examples to all of us.

My hat is off to these guys!!!! Sierra Hotel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cool, we need more kids like that.
View Quote

These kids needs awards for bravery, keys to the city, etc., etc.

[wow]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Glen Reynolds (Instapundit) has a phrase for stuff like this:   [b]"A pack, not a herd.'[/b]

He's voiced a theory that after Flight "Lets Roll" 94, people aren't cowed as easily.  They realize that all the brainwashing they've received about letting the "aw-thor-a-tays" deal with things is generally bullshit when SHTF, and these sort of things are the result.

I love it.

Kick ass.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It's amazing the kids weren't expelled if they happened to take the knife into their possession from the attacker.

And another thing... aren't schools "weapons free zones"?  How'd he get a knife into a weapon free zone?

sorry to be negative on such a positive story... I guess I've been conditioned by the other stories we hear more often.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully all these events like 9/11, the sniper shootings, and other attacks teach the kids that the government can't always protect them and that they need to take on some of that responsibility.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#8]
[b]the students were provided counseling and allowed to go home if they wanted. Patel remained in school to take his chemistry and history finals.
[/b]

I wonder what fucked up things the counselors tried to feed these kids?

The studs [;)] probably all went back to class. Well, on second thought, they may have taken advantage of a "free day off." I'll bet most of us would. We know at least one has his head screwed on right. He went back to finish taking tests. Or maybe he doesn't. [:D]

Way to go guys! You guys deserve a hearty congratulations.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And another thing... aren't schools "weapons free zones"?  How'd he get a knife into a weapon free zone?

View Quote

SIMPLE. Take out of kitchen drawer. Walk to car. Drive to school. Take knife off passenger seat. Walk to door.

It's not like there are armed guards on towers, barbed wired, checkpoints, etc. This is STILL America after all, at least for a little while longer.

That's like asking "Isn't the speed limit 55mph? How did he manage to get the car all the way up to 90?"

Two words: FREE WILL

No one ever said it was always a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]
From the article:
After the assailant was taken into custody, the students were provided counseling and allowed to go home if they wanted. Patel remained in school to take his chemistry and history finals.
View Quote

Hell yes. See the "retrosexual" thread. This young man DEALS with sh*t. BRAVO ZULU, Mr. Patel!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Those aren't students and those aren't youths---

those are [b]MEN.[/b]

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top