Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 10:53:26 PM EDT
WTF?!?

He was one of the ones screaming anti-war bullshit not too long ago.

Well, I guess it's OK since he's really using the trip to promote his new movie.

Fucker.

www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=peopleNews&storyID=4011779

Affleck Plans USO Visit to Persian Gulf
Wed December 17, 2003 09:03 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - As speculation about the future of on-again, off-again sweethearts Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez continues unabated, there is at least one place fans can be assured Affleck won't be for the holidays -- home.

The United Services Organization, USO, on Wednesday said Affleck will head to the Persian Gulf this Christmas and New Year season to shake hands with troops and show off his new movie, science fiction flick "Paycheck," directed by John Woo.

"He will be spending the holidays with the troops," said USO spokeswoman Donna St. John.

As a general rule, the USO does not publish dates or locations of celebrity visits to U.S. troops overseas.

In a statement, the USO said only that Affleck "will sign autographs, participate in photo sessions and tour duty stations at various locations" in the Persian Gulf.

Affleck and actress/singer Lopez had been scheduled to wed back in September but the ceremony was "postponed" due to the media frenzy surrounding it. Since then, media outlets around the world have speculated as to whether they were still a couple and, if so, when a wedding might take place.

In recent press interviews in Los Angeles to promote "Paycheck," Affleck was asked whether he and his "sweetheart" would be married, and his reply was to joke that since the state of Massachusetts legalized Gay marriages, he and best friend Matt Damon were tying the knot.

"I think it's important to address (that issue). It is now legal in Massachusetts and Matt and I have set a date," he said to laughter that sufficiently deflecting the question.

"Paycheck," directed by John Woo and based on a short story written by Philip Dick, tells of a genius engineer who creates a machine that can change life for the better but, in the wrong hands, can change human existence as we know it.

The non-profit USO has been arranging entertainment and providing other services for U.S. military troops since World War II.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
not to mention he cant act worth a goddamn.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck him....

It's people like that that go over there and then come home and say "the moral of our troops is at an all time low."  They're "B" type personalities that live off "A" types.  He pretends for a living....  I have little respect for people like that
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I liked the movie "paycheck" better when it was called "The Bourne Identity". Robin Williams got a lot of attention for visiting the troops. Bandwagon time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:58:49 AM EDT
[#5]
maybe he will step on a land mine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you kidding me?
Affleck and Lopez will go down in history as one of the great couples of cinema.  Right along with Tracy and Hepburn, and Bogart and Bacall.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Affleck and actress/singer Lopez had been scheduled to wed back in September but the ceremony was "postponed" due to the media frenzy surrounding it. Since then, media outlets around the world have speculated as to whether they were still a couple and, if so, when a wedding might take place.
View Quote

What??? They didn't get married????

Why the hell did I ever let my subscription to the National Enquirer lapse??? [banghead]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Tom Clancy ought to beat the shit outta that little twerp for thinking that he could ever play the part of Jack Ryan.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tom Clancy ought to beat the shit outta that little twerp for thinking that he could ever play the part of Jack Ryan.
View Quote
Amen to that.

And while we are at it, lets change the villains from Arab terrorists to neo-Nazis. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Perhap Ben can find a nice spider hole in the Sunni triangle to call home...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Ben Asslick and John Woo-- now there's a surefire formuala for emptying the stomach. [puke]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ben Asslick and John Woo-- now there's a surefire formuala for emptying the stomach. [puke]
View Quote

Yep, the only way to make it worse is to get Jerry Brukheimer to produce it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top