Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2003 5:02:37 PM EDT
I know we will have a lot of different opinions but my favorite male white actor is Russell Crowe and the Black actor is Eddie Murphy (sp).  Both men have played different roles and did a fab job.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Black? White? Green!

[img]http://www.o-reading.co.uk/screen/reviews/shrek/shrek.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Jimmy Stewart was very versatile.  Forrest Whittaker also comes to mind as an actor who becomes the character he is playing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Tom Hanks, other than that unfortunate film about a stupid volcano, what's that called, Mighty Joe?  He's one of the best, and he doesn't mouth off like other self-important liberal, shit for brains actors.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Gene Hackman and Lawrence (sometimes credited as Larry) Fishburne.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Cooba Gooding Jr.
Morgan Freeman

John Wayne
Charles Bronson
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Younger generation; Gary Sinise is a brilliant, versatile actor.

Older generation; Gene Hackman is hard to beat.

Old school; Henry Fonda. His kids are shit but he was a great actor.

Favorite black actor? It's a tough one. I have to admit, I like Denzel Washington. James Earl Jones is very talented, Roscoe Lee Brown, Lawrence Fishburn, Delroy Lindo, Samuel L. Jackson. All excellent actors and I can't choose a favorite.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Samuel Jackson
Brendan Fraser
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Tom Hanks is terribly liberal.  And I didn't care for that Philadelphia AIDS movie.

However, I do like most of his work and think he is a good actor.  I also appreciate his WWII vets appreciation.  His work on the WWII memorial and Private Ryan and Band of Brothers makes up for some of his wussy political activities.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't care about his political stance much, Tom Hanks is, IMHO, the best actor alive today.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Lawrence Fishbourne (Morpheus)
Tom Hanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
A toss up for white actor between Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford.  For black actor, James Earl Jones.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Willem Dafoe (Spelling?)
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Favorite male honkey actor? Hmmmmm...going with Bill Murray (yes, I mean it).

Favorite person of african/carribean descent? James Earl Jones. Thulsa Doom, need I say more?!?

Oh, and JEJ is also an avid gun collector & 2nd amendment supporter.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny how my bride and i were talking about this as we were watching "Awakenings" today. first you have Robin Williams who OBVIOUSLY does comedy yet did a great job in Patch Adams and Awakenings. Then you have Robert DeNiro who did a great job playing a mentally challenged patient as well as Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Midnight Run... One of my favorite comedies.

Samuel Jackson is great although except for Star Wars I think it is in his contract to say "Muthaf*cka" in EVERY movie he does.

Morgan Freeman... Another great actor... I like his work.

You know what bugs me though... I like Shawshank Redemption yet that pile of shit on the neck Tim Robbins is in it. Other than that...good movie... I think that was a remake from a movie called "Escape from Alcatraz"

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Willem Dafoe (Spelling?)
View Quote

+1

-also tom berringer (if he's a "hollyweird" creep, please don't tell me).

-bill murray (yep, he's a republican)

-shannan dority (she's a republican too. RAWWWR!!)

oh man, almost forgot; john wayne & 'ol chucky.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Billy Bob Thornton and I don't give a tinker's damn about his or any other actor's politics. I pay to see them act not influence my vote. [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Who is your best nonstereo-typical male actor? Both black and white...
View Quote

Anthony Hopkins
James Earl Jones
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Tom Hanks acting to a volleyball must be hard
Lawrence Fishburn acting to Keaneu Reeves-see volleyball
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Best actors?

Harvey Keitel [pulp fiction]
Samuel L. Jackson [pulp fiction]
Lawrence Fishbourne [bad company]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Gerard Depardieux (sp).  With a body like his you have to have some exceptional ability to pull it off.

I'll go along with Forrest Whittaker.  Another big buy that's pulled off some great roles.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tom Hanks, other than that unfortunate film about a stupid volcano, what's that called, Mighty Joe?  He's one of the best, and he doesn't mouth off like other self-important liberal, shit for brains actors.
View Quote

Joe vs. the Volcano

I kinda liked it... until he got to the island
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Gary Oldman
Benicio Del Toro

My favorite black actor, I forget his name, the movies he plays in, etc.  He hasn't been in anything for a while. His name's Jeffery something.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Billy Bob Thornton and I don't give a tinker's damn about his or any other actor's politics. I pay to see them act not influence my vote. [:D][devil]
View Quote
On the other hand, they take the money you pay them, and influence what you don't have a vote on.
Howzat? [stick]
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Sam L. Jackson
Val Kilmer
I like the way Sam L. Jackson speaks, he speaks so clearly, not the tipical "hood" talk that you'd expect.
Kilmer is a very versital actor. He's played everyone from "Doc Holiday" and "Jim Morrison" to a fighter pilot in Top Gun. I don't think there's a part that he can't play.
Bruce Willis is good too and I like Tom Selleck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Just a few...

Keith David - "They Live", "Platoon"

Robert Duvall - "The Great Santini", "The Godfather"

James Earl Jones - "Dr. Strangelove", "Field of Dreams"

Scott Glenn - "Urban Cowboy", "Hunt For Red October"

Edit - change "Glen" to "Glenn" -- guess I'm thinking of single malts. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Billy Bob Thornton and I don't give a tinker's damn about his or any other actor's politics. I pay to see them act not influence my vote. [:D][devil]
View Quote
On the other hand, they take the money you pay them, and influence what you don't have a vote on.
Howzat? [stick]
View Quote

Most of the problem is not the misguided actors, but the damn media:  anything a famous actor says, even if he or she mumbles it to themself while sitting on the shitter, is bound to make the front page of People, next to a picture of Britney Spears getting it on with a hamster.  You or I could drive around the city shouting it out the window and nobody would care.

Of course, I buy the issue of People to see the pics of Britney getting it on with a hamster, then read the latest lame comments from Tim Robbins and get all pissed off.  Maybe Hollywood types should be forced to keep a wad of R50 insulation in their mouths when not on a set.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd say Morgan Freeman,

and Bruce Cambell.

Oh, you said non-stereotypical. hmmm

Steve Buscimi

TXL
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#31]
My two all time favorites: Henry Fonda and James Steward.

My action favorite: Sean Connery

Comedy favorite: Charlie Chaplin

My other favorites (not in any particular order):
Morgan Freeman
Tom Hanks
Forrest Whittaker
Samuel Jackson
James Earl Jones
Robert Deniro
Andy Griffith
Tom Selleck
Chow Yun Phat
Toshiro Misfune
Bruce Willis
Arnold Swarzeneger
Antonio Banderas
ect...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
On the other hand, they take the money you pay them, and influence what you don't have a vote on. Howzat? [stick]
View Quote

[b]Quoted:
Billy Bob Thornton and I don't give a tinker's damn about his or any other actor's politics. I pay to see them act not influence my vote.[/b]

Made it in bold type so you got it this time.
Howzat? [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Howzat? [stick]
View Quote

Most of the problem is not the misguided actors, but the damn media:  anything a famous actor says, even if he or she mumbles it to themself while sitting on the shitter, is bound to make the front page of People, next to a picture of Britney Spears getting it on with a hamster.  You or I could drive around the city shouting it out the window and nobody would care.

Of course, I buy the issue of People to see the pics of Britney getting it on with a hamster, then read the latest lame comments from Tim Robbins and get all pissed off.  Maybe Hollywood types should be forced to keep a wad of R50 insulation in their mouths when not on a set.
View Quote

You're pretty much right on. If we had the money then we could have the same stage. But life isn't always fair. It's a bitch, ain't it!

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Edward Norton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black actor....well, James Earl Jones....Morgan Freeman ( when he isn't type cast )....
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Since the Duke, Coop, Stewart & Mitchum are gone.....
Tossup:
      Robert Duvall (Apocalypse, Open Range)
      Tom Selleck (Quigley, Sackett movies)
      Sam Elliott (Roadhouse, Sackett movies)

And James Earl Jones.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the other hand, they take the money you pay them, and influence what you don't have a vote on. Howzat? [stick]
View Quote

[b]Quoted:
Billy Bob Thornton and I don't give a tinker's damn about his or any other actor's politics. I pay to see them act not influence my vote.[/b]

Made it in bold type so you got it this time.
Howzat? [:D]
[devil]
View Quote
I got it the first time, Captain America! [BD]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Al Pacino
Denzel Washington
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got it the first time, Captain America! [BD]
View Quote

I have always maintained that if everyone, everywhere got a beating every day, the world would be a better place! [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm the only SOB that likes Eddie Murphy?  Yeah, all the others are great.  Some truly great.  I really like Morgan, Denzell and the rest but none, in my opinion, can play different roles as well as Eddie.  It also surprised me nobody mentioned Richard Prior.  Yep, he was typecast as a comedian.  He was damned good!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Billy Bob Thornton

Morgan Freeman
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#41]
It's this guy, hands down.

[img]http://www.lordoftherings.net/media/desktops/gollum_gollum_800.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#42]
it would be amusing for the orginal poster to edit his post to something along the lines of:

"what male actor produces the most homosexual urges in you"

[lol]

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Billy Bob Thornton and I don't give a tinker's damn about his or any other actor's politics. I pay to see them act not influence my vote. [:D]

[devil]
View Quote

Same here.   [coffee]
And many others, I'll start a list@#$%%#
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brendan Fraser
View Quote

[>:/]

You're kidding, right?

View Quote

No, he just thought the title said "Favorite gay actor"!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Kevin Spacy and Morgan Freeman.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#46]
> Tom Hanks

Woohooo. Batchelor Party!

[url]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086927/
[/url]

Mmmm, Tawny Kitaen!

Personaly I like Kurt Russell full stop, particularly his Clint Eastwood impressions.

/Phil

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Red_Beard,

You can't appreciate someone of your own gender as an accomplished person without being a homo?  Do you know something I don't?  Is Eddie or Russell gay?  I've admitted for years I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.  Okay, I'll admit that may have went over your head...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup-----------[coffee]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Best actors?

Harvey Keitel [pulp fiction]
Samuel L. Jackson [pulp fiction]
Lawrence Fishbourne [bad company] & pbr streetgang
View Quote

Yup, yup, yup, and John T [pulp fiction]     [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, yup           [coffee]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top