Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 2:05:00 PM EDT
3 sets of manuals!?! I got two sets last week and today another packet showed up. WTF, over? I understand that it's the gov't and if they can screw something up, they will, but this is kind of funny.

Anyway has anyone else experienced the same thing?

ti
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The BATFE is throwing the "book" at you...
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
[lolabove]

That's gotta hurt!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Usually this sort of activity precedes prosecution for some sort of violation.

That way they can say to you in court "You did receive the regulations manual right? In fact we sent them to you at least 3 times right?"

[:D]
View Quote

[shock] oh no!!! [shock]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
3 sets of manuals!?! I got two sets last week and today another packet showed up. WTF, over? I understand that it's the gov't and if they can screw something up, they will, but this is kind of funny.

Anyway has anyone else experienced the same thing?
View Quote

I have never known anyone not to have this experience. Apparently they send out the C&R license and at the same time send a notification to the department responsible for sending out the books to send them to you… so the delay in getting the books.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The same thing happened to me two years ago, except I got the three identical complete sets of manuals before the license even arrived.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That way they can say to you in court "You did receive the regulations manual right? In fact we sent them to you at least 3 times right?"

View Quote

[shock] oh no!!! [shock]
View Quote

Just remember, DON'T drop the soap![wave]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just sent in for my C&R a few days ago...

I guess I can expect the same in the future...
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
If you can find the book "Dangerous Business" about Interarms and Sam Cummings.  It gives you a lowdown on the beginnings of the surplus market and makes you wonder how any of the bolt action rifles can be left.  And also what happened to all of them that were imported in the 50's and 60's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you can find the book "Dangerous Business" about Interarms and Sam Cummings.  It gives you a lowdown on the beginnings of the surplus market and makes you wonder how any of the bolt action rifles can be left.  And also what happened to all of them that were imported in the 50's and 60's.
View Quote

How about you fill us in with the Cliff Notes version [:d]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Sam Cummings goes to Europe, sees lots of surplus.  He likes guns so he imports them to the US.  He sells them gets rich and moves to Switzerland.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sam Cummings goes to Europe, sees lots of surplus.  He likes guns so he imports them to the US.  He sells them gets rich and moves to Switzerland.  

View Quote

Ahh, An American dream.

Go to another country buy product. Sell product in USA to become rich, then move to a country that has better gun rights than America.

If only I could live that dream!
[:d]

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Now how in the world could the government possibly be wrong.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I seem to recall that there were like 5 updates to the 4473 "Yellow Sheet" within a 2 yr period. - And it was your ass if you used one of the obsolete versions after the new forms were mailed...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#15]
When I got my C&R, they did not send me ANY manuals.  Maybe somewhere there are two Crufflers who didn't get any manuals because they sent you three.

Maybe the BATFE peons get bonuses for "communication with customers" by sending out lots of mail?

Who Knows?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I got all of my books and crap on a Saturday and the license came on the Monday after.

Of course, the books came the day OF the gun show and the license came the day AFTER the gun show ended.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[shock] oh no!!! [shock]
View Quote

View Quote

The BATFE doesn't need soap. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[shock] oh no!!! [shock]
View Quote

View Quote

The BATFE doesn't need soap. [;D]
View Quote

They don't use KY either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top