Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 10:35:14 AM EDT
Haven't seen this posted yet:

EAA Drozd CO2, Full Auto Machine Pistol with Electronic Firing System.

This BB pistol is an absolute hoot. It's the newest air gun on the market, and very difficult to keep in stock due to demand.  It fires semi-auto or 3 and 6-round fully automatic bursts.  Standard metallic .177 cal BB's are fed mechanically into an electronically controlled firing system powered by 6 AA alkaline batteries.  A standard 12 gram CO2 cartridge pre-charges the airgun tank which is connected to the electronically controlled valve system which fires the BB's at a velocity of 360 feet per second so says the factory specs. (Actual velocity is more around 500 FPS.  See far right column)  The pistol style magazine holds 30 BB's.  Not only is it select fire, the rate of fire can be selected as well.  It will move BB's out at rates of 300, 450 or 600 per minute.  That's moving some serious stuff out the barrel end of this unique air pistol.

This is no lightweight toy.  Manufactured in a Russian arms factory, with the butt stock inserted and loaded up, it weighs in at almost four pounds.  OA length is 13.75", 19.5" with the butt stock installed.  This pistol is in such demand, it's about as difficult to get as a dove with a .22 pistol.  It only comes in one color as shown.  But, if you're so inclined, the stock is nicely textured to accept a little camo or black paint. It will give this truly unique air gun some real class.  $199 and only $4.99 shipping per order.  There are no surprise handling fees or credit card surcharges.  Don't pay $15.00, $20.00, or more in shipping and handling charges from others.  Our total delivered price is the most competitive in the country.

Comes with one 30 round magazine, one speedloader, 200 BBs, and one set of spare seals.  

Note: Additional magazines have been very difficult to obtain and leadtimes have been stretching upwards to 6 - 8 weeks.  Please bear with us.  Mag demand is very high right now but we do expect relief in October.

Some customers having been buying additional speedloaders.  Please note that one speedloader comes with the Drozd and one speedloader can handle multiple magazines.  The speedloader will hold approximately 300 to 500 BBs or more.  Refilling the speedloader only takes a few seconds.  Unless you have a special situation for multiple speedloaders, you can save money by using the speedloader that comes with your Drozd on multiple magazines.  For most of us there really is no need to purchase additional speedloaders when purchasing additional mags.  It's not that we don't want to sell more items, but there is no reason to waste your hard earned money on items that aren't necessarily needed in certain situations.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw this a couple of months ago and still think it's pretty cool.

I wonder though, why it hasn't been done before... the paintball industry has had the technology to do this for at least a few years now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The only bitch that I have with this BB gun is that it only holds 30 bb's.  That sucks! It has variable rates from 300 to 600 per minute, well then there should have been a BB tank built in that can hold 300-400 bb's.  Now would have been cool!  I hate getting short changed!

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll pass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
...snip..."Standard metallic .177 cal BB's are fed mechanically into an electronically controlled firing system powered by 6 AA alkaline batteries.  A standard 12 gram CO2 cartridge pre-charges the airgun tank which is connected to the electronically controlled valve system ...snip..."
View Quote

Hummm.  That sounds illegal to me, or at least the BATF could "rule" that it could have firearm application--like being hooked up to a trigger to effect full-auto operation.  Maybe the solenoid on the valve is extremely low-powered.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Sitting there using fairly expensive CO2 carts is a little lame.  I would think a buttstock that contained a 9-12oz refillable air tank like a paintball gun (500ish shots per tank probably) would be better...  Or maybe an internal tank in each magazine that you can refill with a larger can, ala the way Airsoft gas guns work.

It sure looks like fun though, especially if it really shoots 500fps instead of 350ish (I was disheartened when I saw this awhile back with that rating, that would be a little on the lame side...)
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Hummm.  That sounds illegal to me, or at least the BATF could "rule" that it could have firearm application--like being hooked up to a trigger to effect full-auto operation.  Maybe the solenoid on the valve is extremely low-powered.
View Quote

AHAHAHHAHA! YOUR INSANE!

Edited to add: Or just really dumb.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.azexarms.com/DROZDX3white.jpg[/img]

Oh Yes...

[uzi]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Virginia Arms in Manassas has them in stock for $189. I've played with one. It's fun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been wanting to get one for quite a while, but I didn't know anyone who had one to talk too. Looks Pretty Cool![:D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The one on top has a supressor now.

[url]www.azexarms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I saw this a couple of months ago and still think it's pretty cool.

I wonder though, why it hasn't been done before... the paintball industry has had the technology to do this for at least a few years now.
View Quote

It has been done before.  In the early 80's, some company made on that used freon canisters for air.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AHAHAHHAHA! YOUR INSANE!

Edited to add: Or just really dumb.
View Quote

Insane it is, then.

I'm just thinking outloud.  It seems the device could be adapted to slap a sear instead of a poppet.  I've thought about electrical operation of a firearm a lot of times; and every time I do I think about how much fire control could be simplified with it.  The trigger could be revolutionized.  It would be [i]too[/i] easy to make [i]any[/i] semi-auto into select fire with this BB gun's technology.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It has been done before.  In the early 80's, some company made on that used freon canisters for air.  
View Quote

I think it used a venturi effect to feed the BBs, like a carburator feeding gas.  I imagine it had an extreme rate of fire, but low velocity.  [I'm not trying to gain support] Weren't they outlawed, but not because CFCs were outlawed?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up one of these about 3 weeks ago. It is as cool as it looks.   It holds 30 bbs which are spring fed so it can be elevated and still fire.  On the left side is the on/off switch and a burst select that give you 1,3 or 6 shot burst.  On the right side is the rate switch it goes up to 600 rpm.   The starlings and squirrels are going to have hell to pay this spring.  Can't wait.[banana]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#15]
how strong are these things?  enough to puncture a squirrel's skin from 30 feet or so away?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top