Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105996,00.html

In Tikrit, Saddam loyalists tried to stage a demonstration in support of the former dictator Tuesday, but neither the city's U.S.-backed governor nor the U.S. military were prepared to stand by and watch.

"Any demonstration against the government or the coalition forces will be fired upon," the governor, Hussein al-Jaburi, said on a loudspeaker mounted on a U.S. military vehicle.

"They will not be allowed to go around kissing pictures of Saddam," said Lt. Col. Steven Russell of the Tikrit-based 4th Infantry Division. "We cannot hand out lollipops in this city. It does not work here."

Earlier Tuesday, Russell had a stern warning for the organizer of a pro-Saddam march: "If our ears and eyes see you organizing demonstrations or anti-coalition acts, you will be in jail for a very long time."

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Bout time, wonder how long before some desk jockey politician or one star bucking for two stars  changes that !!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I cannot disagree with you, cousin Rikky, because I value the lives of our troops...wherever they may be. However, the following statements send a chill down my spine...for obvious reasons:
Quoted:
"Any demonstration against the government or the coalition forces will be fired upon."

"If our ears and eyes see you organizing demonstrations or anti-coalition acts, you will be in jail for a very long time."
View Quote

As long as those words are spoken in some faraway place, and never [b]here, in America,[/b] I can live with that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I cannot disagree with you, cousin Rikky, because I value the lives of our troops...wherever they may be. However, the following statements send a chill down my spine...for obvious reasons:
Quoted:
"Any demonstration against the government or the coalition forces will be fired upon."

"If our ears and eyes see you organizing demonstrations or anti-coalition acts, you will be in jail for a very long time."
View Quote

[red]As long as those words are spoken in some faraway place,[/red] and never [b]here, in America,[/b] I can live with that.
View Quote

We may be a few years from that happening here in the USA, not that I have any doubts it will happen, it is just many years down the road.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
As much as I value freedom of speech, Tikrit is one city that [b]needs[/b] to be bitch-slapped.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah – this is great.  

After threatening to jail them or fire on them - they’ll [u]for sure[/u] forget all about the guy in no time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Iraq is now free........

Is that campaign finance reform in Iraq?

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Iraq is now free...
View Quote

Kind of ironic, don't you think?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iraq is now free...
View Quote

Kind of ironic, don't you think?
View Quote

No, I don't.  We didn't allow the Nazis to demonstrate after we took Germany and we didn't allow pro-Empire demonstrations after Japan surrendered.  There are CONSEQUENCES to losing a war.  That's why losing sucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as those words are spoken in some faraway place, and never [b]here, in America,[/b] I can live with that.
View Quote

i knew that was coming from someone, i'm suprised you beat liberty to the punch [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p38de1ded2f8236217d372d5c89468ee9/fa45dd55.jpg[/img]

So does this mean we changed the Rules of Engagement [naughty]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's why losing sucks.
View Quote

And THAT's the bottom line. They are the defeated enemy, as opposed to most of the rest of Iraq, which is freshly liberated from these bastards. Notice how few times we've heard these threats raised against other demonstrators around Iraq?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this the same 4th ID that threatened LTC West with a Court Martial, and then sent him to NJP where he was fined $5000.00 and forced to retire, because he slapped and fired his M9 service pistol near an enemy combatant in order to get the enemy to tell where they had set up an ambush, in order to save American lives???????!!!!!

I guess when you use force against one individual it is a crime, but if you threaten to use force against an entire city it is A-OK........

No double standard there!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I was already outraged by the lack of a search warrant to search Saddam's spider hole!  Now this! [pissed]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know just the spot where the [u]convicted[/u] and totally-bled-white-of-all-useful information POS can be executed!

[b]In downtown Tikrit![/b]

Eric The(CruelAndUnusual)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

"I'm gonna call a coupla pipe-hitting' mothers who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch."[chainsawkill][torch]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Eric The(CruelAndUnusual)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I know your are just being facetious...but, would feeding him to the hogs afterward be too much?
The US could generate lots of money to help rebuild if .gov would put the ceremony of the decade on pay per view.

-HS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top