Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 8:24:11 PM EDT
It was just on our local Fox station here. They were showing survailance cam footage of a young whitetail buck, a fork horn, walking into a Metro station. The deer RODE THE ESCALATOR down to the landing, jumped over the turnstiles and was walking along the platform. There was a parked train in the station that kept him from going down the tunnel, and he turned around and went out the exit lanes.

The amazing thing is that it figured out to use the escalator. Deer are not the most intelligent of animals. But he wasn't afraid of it, and he seemed to realise it would take him where he wanted to go a lot safer than jumping.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
[rofl2] sure did
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The wife and I were at the San Diego Wild Animal Park on Saturday and a 12 pointer or so California Mulie walked onto the stage during the elephant show. We were about 100 yards away on the tram.  And trying to count the points through elephant fences with binoculars from a moving platform on a moving deer was tough.  It wasn't all that big but a nice rack.  I wish I could have heard the commentator when it walked on stage.  They figure they lose between 5-10% of their feed to local natives (rodents, possums, raccoons, skunks, mule deeer and birds).  And in consonance with their "mission" they don't chase the native animals off.  So the mulies are getting pretty relaxed about wandering around the park.  They've had to go back and add higher fences to several of their planted areas.  Must have seen close to 2 dozen mulies from the tram.

They see coyotes fairly often and have bobcats just on the perimeter of the park.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]
No wonder I can't find them during the deer season.
The bastards are taking the subway!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top