Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 6:34:04 PM EDT
An old man approached the White House from the park across Pennsylvania Ave. where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U. S.
Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Clinton."
The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer president and no longer resides here." The old man said, "Okay" and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Clinton." The Marine again told the man, "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer president and no longer resides here." The man thanked him and,
again, just walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U. S. Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with President Clinton." The Marine, understandably agitated  at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to
speak to Mr. Clinton. I've told you already that Mr. Clinton is no longer the president and no longer resides here. "Don't you understand?"

The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it." The Marine snapped to attention, saluted and said, "See you tomorrow."
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome![marines]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That's good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've loved that joke for the past three years... always makes me smile.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I needed a good laugh [:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
HOOAH!!!!

Quoted:
Awesome![marines]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
OORAH MARINE!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
That's Hilarious. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Somebody better call the Clintons. They think they're still in charge.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
captainpooby: Those idiots on Good Morning America up until a few years ago were still saying Pres Clinton, and then catching themselves and saying, "excuse me folks, that is ex-Pres. Clinton." Those are Freudian slips, but indicates that all those folks long for Bill C.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
captainpooby: Those idiots on Good Morning America up until a few years ago were still saying Pres Clinton, and then catching themselves and saying, "excuse me folks, that is ex-Pres. Clinton." Those are Freudian slips, but indicates that all those folks long for Bill C.
View Quote

Actually (I Think...correct me if I am wrong) they hold the title of President for life... Or hold the title "Former president"

Although the phrase "President Ronald Reagan" STILL gives me warm fuzzies.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#13]
DrFridge you are correct. I don't think there is anyone happier than I am that Bill Clinton is no longer The President, but he will always be President Clinton. That is something that just goes with ever having the job.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
DrFrige & sum-rifle: I guess you folks are right, but I still think when we personally address a former USA president one-on-one in the first person, we say "Mr. President," but I think if we are talking about him, the commentator should say former or ex president...... Isn't the phrase Mister President.... reserved for a sitting president?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]
That made my day.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top