Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 5:22:46 PM EDT
www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/16/elec04.prez.clark.madonna/index.html

Material Girl covers Clark with praise
Tuesday, December 16, 2003 Posted: 6:43 PM EST (2343 GMT)

Madonna enters the political world by endorsing Wesley Clark.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Material Girl has stepped onto the political stage and endorsed Democratic presidential hopeful Wesley Clark.

"I think he has a good handle on foreign policy, I think he's good with people, and I think he has a heart and a consciousness," pop singer Madonna said. "He's interested in spirituality -- I mean, those things mean a lot to me."

The singer and children's book author met Clark a few weeks ago for over an hour. In an interview recorded last week with CNN's Denise Quan, Madonna said they discussed his becoming president.

The singer told Quan she had decided to support the former general and she felt Clark was a natural-born leader.

"As it stands right now, he's got my support," Madonna said.

The two were introduced by "Bowling for Columbine" filmmaker Michael Moore, who was an early supporter of Clark.

Madonna said she saw a few television interviews with Clark and wanted to meet with him herself.

"I think to be the general for as long as he's been, this is a man who knows how to deal with pressure and make decisions under pressure," Madonna said.

Clark, a retired Army general, was NATO's supreme commander during the 1999 air war against Yugoslavia.

He testified Monday and Tuesday in the war crimes trial of former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, now held in The Hague. (Full story)

"We're delighted with the endorsement of a superstar for our four-star," said Matt Bennett, a Clark campaign spokesman.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Madonna - Give the General 500 million so he start his own war!
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Who the hell is Madonna?
Is the that whore that sucked off a dog in that "sex" book?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
whew, i can finally stop holding my breath
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh oh... Clark is doomed now!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that just lends [b][size=5]ALL KINDS[/size=5][/b] of credibility to his cause, now doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Who is Madonna? [kenny mccormick] "Madonna is an anerexic whore who has long ago worn out her welcome and thinks that she can talk with a english accent."[/kenny mccormick]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"[red]I think[/red] he has a good handle on foreign policy, [red]I think[/red] he's good with people, and [red]I think[/red] he has a heart and a consciousness," pop singer Madonna said. "He's interested in spirituality -- I mean, those things mean a lot to me."

[puke]
View Quote

Yeah, thats the problem... YOU THINK.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for her!!!

Now the real question is who gives a shit
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about you fella's, but that's a great reason [b]not[/b] to vote for Wesley Clark!

Not that I was looking for another reason.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, so why do we care what this gutter-slut thinks again?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, she frenched Brittany Spears (I dunno how to spell her name).

That's gotta count for some "Bi-Slut" points...

Brit kissed like half of America.

(that whole theory of when you kiss somebody, you kiss everybody they have kissed, and so on, and so on)

(yeah, I know it has to do with the other 'dirty deed', but a kiss is the same, just not quite so 'personal'...)
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't get it. Why does she think endorsing Clark is going to help her record sales?

CW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top