Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 11:42:33 AM EDT
This is all I know right now I just found out about it. This is one of if not the tallest building in Milwaukee.

www.jsonline.com/news/metro/dec03/193069.asp?source=tmj4

Fire in progress at Bank One building in downtown Milwaukee
Journal Sentinel staff
Posted: Dec. 16, 2003
Firefighters and amublances responded to a five-alarm fire that appeared to trap some people in the 22-story Bank One building in downtown Milwaukee shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday.

Water poured out of windows, and some others near the top were smashed out.

The fire was initially reported on the 14th floor of the building, at 111 E. Wisconsin Ave. Some witnesses reported smoke pouring from some of the broken out windows soon after the fire was reported.

By about 2:30 p.m., firefighters could be seen on the roof of the building, and bringing hoses inside from the ground level, but no smoke was showing.

This story will be updated as news reports are obtained
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  22 stories.  That's quite a tall building [rolleyes]

[;D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Yikes! I'm sure I had $422 million in my checking account before that fire. Now it says zero balance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

[;D]
View Quote

Hey it's not my fault these damn people in this state don't know how to build them tall. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks OK from here.  

[img]http://images1.fotki.com/v1/photos/1/10467/18497/wis222-vi.jpg[/img]

[:P]

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
They got money to burn. [LOL] Fucking banks, the biggest rip off going.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[;D]
View Quote

It's something about cheese not ripening at altitudes above 22 stories.  Or it could be due to Wisconsinites having the ability to count to 22 due to their 10 fingers and 12 toes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's something about cheese not ripening at altitudes above 22 stories.  Or it could be due to Wisconsinites having the ability to count to 22 due to their 10 fingers and 12 toes.
View Quote

Ah, you're just jealous cause the Vikings SUCK.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, back off if you've never been to Milwaukee. Great beer town, reminds me of St. Louis. Sections of the city have a bar on all four corners of an intersection. Is the Safe House still there? Is Art's Performing Center still there, across the street from the Performing Arts Center?
When I worked for Johnson Controls they used to send me there frequently for company schools. I enjoyed myself every time. They used to put us up at the Dark East, er, I mean Park East.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
PICS !!!  We need PICS !!!

C'mon man... you're PHOTOMAN for Christ's sake..... how could you not post pics?

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#10]
OH MY GOD!  I JUST WENT OUTSIDE ON THE ROOF OF MY BUILDING AND LOOKED!

[RED]THE HORROR! OH DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN - THE HORROR!!!!!![/RED]

Actually, it looked fine – the little temperature clock thing on top was still going so… that’s about all I know really.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sections of the city have a bar on all four corners of an intersection.
View Quote

Yep - Milwaukee - it goes like this:  Bar.  Church.  Bar.  Church.  Bar.  Bar.  Church. Bar. George Webb's.  Bar.
Is the Safe House still there?
View Quote

Of course.
Is Art's Performing Center still there, across the street from the Performing Arts Center?
View Quote

Geez - Art's... I guess handicapped strippers need to work somewheres don't they?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, Dolomite.
Art's-you don't think people would tell all us out-of-town guys where the GOOD places were, eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top