Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 8:36:02 AM EDT
Say that Congress decides to split the difference on the AWB, and is going to either renew the ban as to assault weapons OR high caps, but not both.  I know that you would rather have both ride off into the sunset, but which is more important to you?

Why?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That's alot like asking "which do you prefer to have ripped off, your right nut or the left one?" [whacko]

Mike
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's alot like asking "which do you prefer to have ripped off, your right nut or the left one?" [whacko]

Mike
View Quote

[nuts]

Both bans need to be gone so I can't answer the question.  Although high cap mags are useless without weapons to put them in.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#3]
a post ban AR still does the same thing that a pre ban does but I would be really pissed if I only had 10rds.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of the features on the "banned" firearms were cosmetic any way so it doesn't really matter  all that much. On the other hand, it'd be nice to get a hi-cap(standard cap really)mag for a Glock without have to mortage the house to do it. Mags are what make guns run. They are the heart of the system, if you can't get a good mag you may as well just give up. I can live without a flash hider or a bayonet lug but it'd be nice to have reasonable priced mags again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like them to put barrel threads on the "legal" list for post-bans.. besides that.. everything else to me is cosmetic except, perhaps, flash hider.

Hi-caps

.. are you a fed? [>:/]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
High caps are illegal?

-HS
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Who has "assault weapons"?  Not me.  I have  semi auto-matic rifle(s) with hi-caps.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
a post ban AR still does the same thing that a pre ban does but I would be really pissed if I only had 10rds.
View Quote

The recreational firearms users will want the hicaps more than an other feature. The professional users will want the flash supressor more than any other feature.

My night vision is more important than having more than 10 rounds between reloads.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, but then again, "professional" users will always retain access to the good stuff.  Look at all the stuff that's stamped "LE/Gov Only".  

Me, I want the full caps.  I like the Flash suppressors, and collapsable stocks, but I actually use my mags every time I go shooting.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Full-capacity magazine, definitely.

The cosmetic features ban only affects semi-auto, mag-fed rifles, but the 10-rnd limit affects every magazine-fed weapon made.

Plus, I'd much rather have 15-rounders for my 9mm pistol and 30-rounders for the Beretta 9mm carbine I want, and a just-for-the-hell-of-it 75-round drum for my SAR-1.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
mags
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]
mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top