Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 8:02:27 AM EDT
I've looked at the help files, searched the registry, etc, etc and no luck finding where or how to delete info that I've searched for in explorer and a few other items like Kazaa and other search engines.

More out of curiosity than anything, I'd just like to know how to delete items like annoyances in yahoo maps when I go to search for something and all the hundreds of addresses are listed that I've looked up before.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
In Internet Explorer go to your menu up there (File, Edit, View), go to Tools, Internet Options, Content, Auto Complete and press the Clear... buttons.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Tools, Internet Options, and then: delete files, delete cookies, clear history

Wipes out a good chunk of past records
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I got that far, but what about other applications such as mp3 grabbers?

Speaking of... are there any out there that are better than Kazaa?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Kazaa Lite.. unless thats what you meant by Kazaa
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Most of the online map sites store info in cookies. If you want to flush Yahoo you can probably do it by deleting its cookie.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
OT: if anyone is using Kazaa-lite etc run the Ad-aware & Spybot to get rid of spyware that comes with it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]
fdisk

keep that file swapping crap off you boxes.

I can't begin to count the number of viruses that effect only kazzza users and IRC users...  it just opens up too many vulnerabilities on your machine.

i guess if you have a dedicated box for just that then maybe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top