Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 7:11:49 AM EDT
He has been with us for 2 weeks so he is 10 weeks old. Currently too cold to go outside so we are trying the dog litter thing.  He just can't figure it out.  Trying to put him in there after he is out of the crate.  Takes forever and he won't do anything.  And then when he is on the floor, he bears down to crap or pee and I grab him up and run him to the litter box and by the time I get there, he has crapped all over me and made my legs wet.

I am going to kill him.

patsue (not really)
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.tacsurv.com/news/jan2002/taser.jpg[/img]

You won't even have to get off of the couch.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It's Shih Tzu....[rofl2] and he's only 10 weeks old - give the little fvcker a break!

They're cute..I had 2 of them as a kid.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The crate is an invaluable tool for housebreaking as you have found.

The whole dog litter thing is a waste of time however.  Think about it,  you are trying to teach a dog not to shit in the house except only in a certain area.  This is very confusing for the dog and will lead to problems when you don't want to use the box anymore.

If it is really cold outside and there is snow on the ground than go to Home Depot or whatever and buy a piece of that green astro turf stuff.  Clear a spot OUTSIDE prefarably covered from the elements and take him out of the crate, directly to the astro turf.  Do this as soon as he wakes up,  after he eats, and anytime you see him acting like he wants to go.

Good luck,  if you have any more questions,  just ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top