Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 5:27:15 PM EDT
Which one is recommended?

I found my 6 yo on some bulletin board called girlsinthebag.  No graphics that I saw, but if he had gone further there might have been.  He had typed his name and his friend's name and was about to post it.  Apparently you don't have to register.  He can't read well yet, but could have read the other posts if he tried.

The problem is that he just clicks on whatever pops up or is on the screen.  He's probably been to other, worse sites that we don't even know about.  He doesn't know what he is doing, but I don't want him stumbling onto something unsuitable.

Anyway, I need some suggestions on software to lockout bad sites.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
anybody?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://www.netnanny.com/home/net_nanny_4/product_description.asp]Net Nanny[/url]

Never used it. Don't know how well it works.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If you use compuserve or AOL they have it to where you can set parental controls to whatever you desire. If not try google search for net nanny, cybersitter, cyberpatrol etc.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing beats parental supervision --- good job
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#5]
12ghosts is a good pop blocker too, it's free at tucows.com

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top