Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 4:30:28 PM EDT
Last week I ordered an item from a company after being told that they had the item in stock and could ship it quickly.

Once they received my order(sent a Money Order as payment), they e-mailed me stating that the item wasn't in stock after all and it would be 2 or 3 weeks.

O.K., no big deal. I asked for a refund and they stated that they'd be happy to oblige.

Well, here's the problem...

They sent me back the Money Order that I had sent them, but it had the name of the company and "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" stamped in the endorsement area on the back.

Here's my question- Will I be able to cash/deposit this at my financial institution with proper I.D. or am I screwed?

What should I do?

P.S.- I'm not going to reveal the name of the company(yet) because I'm not really that upset about the whole deal(yet). I just want to be able to get my $$$ back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top