Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 10:08:48 AM EDT
I’m applying for a new job and I needed some things done before I return the application packet, so I snuck out on my lunch break to get all this accomplished.  I had to go to the bank and to Kinkos.

First stop, Kinkos, to make some copies and get some passport photos taken for the packet.  I tried to go last night, but surprise!  The two Kinkos I went to are no longer open 24 hours.  General Kinkos rant: you ever notice how there are more employees at Kinkos then there are customers?  Yet there is never an employee actually working the counter, so the customers stand there in line and exchange looks that say: “what should we do, do you think they see us?”

When an employee finally comes to the counter, I realize I’m behind an old lady that needs a picture enlarged.  No problem, right?  WRONG!  The lady brought a handful of pictures, and couldn’t decide which picture she should have enlarged.  She wanted an 'expert' (Kinkos employee) to decide which was the best looking picture.  They go back and forth for a while picking the prettiest picture with the best lighting.  Finally I get my picture taken, and I have to wait in another line to pay.  This time realize I am behind a coworker, BUSTED.  After hiding my application packet, I had to fake the ol’ “OH, I didn’t see you here!” routine.  He sees my photos and asks if I’m going on a trip. I answer no, and make up a stupid excuse.  I’ll feel a bit better, because he is faxing something, and there are plenty of fax machines at work, so I suspect he is also doing something related to finding a new job…

Next stop, to get my application notarized.

Side rant, old people: I’m a working man, so I can only run these type of errands during lunch.  I assume lunch would be the busiest time, so IF I had an option, I would avoid running errands between 11AM and 1PM.  So how come every blue haired old lady needs to go to the bank at 11:30 AM?  And why do they need to chat with the bank worker for 5 minutes about their grandchildren, while completely oblivious about the 20 people in line behind them???

So I’m waiting there for a LONG time, listening to one of the bank workers talk on the phone (personal call) for about 15 minutes.  She actually gets interrupted in the middle of her personal call by ANOTHER personal call, so she’s switching back and forth between calls, meanwhile putting REAL customers on hold.  By the end of the calls, she put 3 people (customers) on hold for about 5 minutes as she finished up her chat.  Two of the callers hung up before she got back to them.  The third she pratically yells at, saying: “WHY didn’t you call customer service???” three times in a row.  She gets another call, this time a personal call for another bank employee.  Ironically, she tells the new caller that the other employee is too busy to talk right now.

Finally, it is my turn to speak with a bank employee, he wasn't a notary, so I had to wait for another employee...

I finally got everything done, but a trip I thought would take 15-20 minutes ended up taking an hour.

In conclusion, I hate people…
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope the new job is a little less stressful.  [beer]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, people suck.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
People can be lame.
Especially communists.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
lunchtime banking is the worst!

why is it that there are about 15 spots for tellers, but only 2 on at lunch-time? it seems to me that everyone does their banking either at lunch, or directly after work. so why have the employees take lunch at 12 also? do the tellers just sit around all day, staring straight ahead into an empty bank, until lunch? because they damned sure all get up and go take lunch right before i get there?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
People can be lame.
Especially communists.
View Quote

People ARE lame.
Especially DU communists.

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lunchtime banking is the worst!

why is it that there are about 15 spots for tellers, but only 2 on at lunch-time? it seems to me that everyone does their banking either at lunch, or directly after work. so why have the employees take lunch at 12 also? do the tellers just sit around all day, staring straight ahead into an empty bank, until lunch? because they damned sure all get up and go take lunch right before i get there?
View Quote

No shit.

Some folks I encounter in the service industry are great, but I can't stand the ones who act like you're interrupting their day by being a customer.

I wouldn't pick that profession because I don't like to deal with people all day long, yet they chose that job, so they should do it with a smile.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh yeah?  Well this morning, I had to get some medical test done for my new job at 2 different places. First, I got my blood drawn and my TB test checked to make sure it was negative, and that took about 10 minutes.  Then, I had to go to another medical place to give some hair samples.  Again, about 10 minutes.  Took me about an hour since I left home to get back.

Wait, why am I complaining? Hmmmmmm...

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Who is John Galt?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top