Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 8:53:51 AM EDT
Last night while I was talking to my friend Matt on the phone.  He told me of the 1st time he picked up an AR15 and put it up to his shoulder.  He told me of a sense of awe came over him when he loaded that 1st 30 rounder in the magazine well.  He talked of a feeling of Power as the bolt group came home and chambered that 1st round, ready to fire.

I asked him,  "Did you see the unblinking Eye wreathed in fire?  All knowing and all seeing.  Did it speak the Words of Power to you?"

He said,  "Yes."

Bilster
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
[LOL] Guns are cloaked in some of the whackiest mystery since humanity discovered fire.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]
O.K...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Guns are power, power is freedom, freedom from people who want to take away our guns!
Guns sure are nifty........
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#4]
What in the heck are you fellas smokin?

Mike
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

LOL! [:D]

I'm going, say what?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last night while I was talking to my friend Matt on the phone.  He told me of the 1st time he picked up an AR15 and put it up to his shoulder.  He told me of a sense of awe came over him when he loaded that 1st 30 rounder in the magazine well.  He talked of a feeling of Power as the bolt group came home and chambered that 1st round, ready to fire.

I asked him,  "Did you see the unblinking Eye wreathed in fire?  All knowing and all seeing.  Did it speak the Words of Power to you?"

He said,  "Yes."

Bilster
View Quote

I've heard of getting a chubby.  What the hell are you talking about ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#7]
"I'm sorry I lied to you, Marge. But this gun had a hold on me.  I felt this
incredible surge of power, like God must feel when he's holding a gun."

-Homer
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I'm startn to get scared. What the hell is this burning wreath of fire shit? Sounds like the pizza guy put "THE GOOD" mushrooms on your pizza!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
My....preciousssssssss
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#10]
There can be only one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Obviously, the profound joy of the original post is lost on those who have not yet experienced the awe of the Lord of the Rings movies.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There can be only one.
View Quote

That's right, and I've got it!  Ha Haaaa!  It's on the ring finger of my left hand.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Somebody had overbearing parents....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#14]
YOU TALKING TO ME?, You must be talking to me....I dont see anybody else around!

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He said,  "Yes."

Bilster
View Quote

"There is no power in steel, it merely MAGNIFIES the power of the hand that wields it" -Conan the Barbarian
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said,  "Yes."

Bilster
View Quote

"There is no power in steel, it merely MAGNIFIES the power of the hand that wields it" -Conan the Barbarian
View Quote

Was that really a Conan quote?!  That's fairly profound.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sure that I didn't get it dead-on-the-money, but it was something like that. In the original "Conan the Barbarian" movie with Governor Ahnold, he meets the bad guy who is played by James Earl Jones. Conan is still searching for "The Rule of Steel". Jones tells Conan that he found it years before and says "The rule of steel is that there is NO power in steel. The power is in the flesh that wields it. Steel only magnifies the power of the hand that wields it" or something like that. I need to rent the movie again sometime. It's been years since I've seen it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#18]
This is the kinda shit that the antis, and DU jerkoffs are always talking about.  You pick up a firearm and all of a sudden you feel its power. Pretty soon it will be telling you to go out and kill someone.  
You pick up a firearm, any firearm, the power comes over you and all of a sudden you are a blood thirsty killer.  They do this.  You don't believe me?  Ask a democrat.  The only solution is to send all firearms to someone that is not affected by the power.  Do it quickly, before it has a chance to ruin the rest of your life.  Send them to me, I'm one of those people.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
i think that was thulsa doom

"what is steel, compared to the hand that wields it"

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#20]

[size=6]MORE POWER!!!!!!![/size=6]

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He said,  "Yes."

Bilster
View Quote

M’kaaaayyy… I will admit that I feel kinda’ cool with a gun in my hands and it was pretty exciting the first time I ever fired one (partly because I was afraid of the recoil). However, you might creep some people out talking like that; just tone it down a little.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is the kinda shit that the antis, and DU jerkoffs are always talking about.  You pick up a firearm and all of a sudden you feel its power. Pretty soon it will be telling you to go out and kill someone.  
You pick up a firearm, any firearm, the power comes over you and all of a sudden you are a blood thirsty killer.  They do this.  You don't believe me?  Ask a democrat.  The only solution is to send all firearms to someone that is not affected by the power.  Do it quickly, before it has a chance to ruin the rest of your life.  Send them to me, I'm one of those people.  
View Quote

You are correct.  
If one of them picks up a firearm, they too will have the Eye upon them.  
They fear it.  
I embrace it.
It is precious to me.
What is that Power?
It is only what you give it.
They see fear and hate.
I see the power that freedom is derived from.
Such terrible freedom to those who wish mearly to exist and be secure.
This power enables one to seize that freedom.
It can also seduce the weak minded into tyranny.
That is what they fear.
They fear themselves!

Bilster
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

Pipe weed, of course!
The finest from South Farthing.  Looted from some robe wearing weirdo's private stash.

Billster
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said,  "Yes."

Bilster
View Quote

M’kaaaayyy… I will admit that I feel kinda’ cool with a gun in my hands and it was pretty exciting the first time I ever fired one (partly because I was afraid of the recoil). However, you might creep some people out talking like that; just tone it down a little.
View Quote

And what is wrong with creeping some people out?
If they get creeped out by this:
1.  They have no sense of humor.
2.  They're pussies
3.  They're both

Bilster
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#25]
If someone could find that exact qoute, I'd love to have it for my qoutefile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top