Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2003 3:32:32 PM EDT
My dad and step-mom live in a very nice, older, well kept neighborhood in east Dallas.  Unfortunately, they are just a hop, skip, and a jump from bad parts of town a concentration of lowlife scum (not a damn thing wrong with the "town" - it's the poeple).

Four days ago my dad was outside of his house and two guys walk up and ask if he has a four-way lug wrench they can borrow.  He says "sorry, no I don't", continues on about his buisness and goes back into the house.  Before he can turn around and shut the door, the two guys are in the house on either side of him with autoloaders pointed at each temple.

They tied him up and threw him on a bed and proceeded to steal everything of value in the house.  All that wasn't stolen was smashed or otherwise ruined.  They even took off his glasses and smashed them.

The whole time, they were using racial slurs and telling him they were going to kill him.  Needless to say, he was very, very afraid, was praying he would make it out alive, and was worried about my step-mom coming home to find him dead.  Dad was cooperative at all times and said one of the robbers was almost "nice" to him - the other was  a mean, smart-assed, itchy trigger finger type.

The entire time, the assholes were  letting dad know that he "owed" them bigtime because he was white, then they got mad at my dad because they couldn't find more cash in the house.  Dad explained that he was retired, wasn't rich and that his wife worked (thank GOD she wasn't home at the time), but they weren't rich at all!

After a good while, they backed their car in the garage, and closed the garage door so they could load the car without being seen.  They later grabbed dad and put him in a pantry closet - all the time never ceasing with the racial slurs and threats of killing him.

For the finale - like something out of a Tarentino movie - they go to the pantry, shove a cigarette in dad's mouth, light it for him, tell him if he moves they'll kill him, then tell him that his wife has "paid her debt in full", then shut the door and leave.

A few minutes later, dad hears the doorbell ring, knows it's the neighbors, and makes his way to the door.  Neighbors untied him and called the popo.

Thankful to God that my dad is ok.  I'll not try to complicate my feelings for the perps.  I fucking hate them.  If caught after the fact, I wouldn't want the death penalty for them as the punishment would be too heavy for the crime.  If, however, they are caught in the act by Officer McGruff or by John Doe homeowner, I hope they get their asses ventilated.  In my "perfect world", about ten years in TDC would be proper for these fuckers.

They took the first centerfire gun I ever shot; the first gun my dad ever bought when he was a boy - a Savage bolt action .410.  Also took a S&W .22 auto pistol that my dad's dead uncle had passed on to dad, and a S&W .357 6" stainless revolver.

Bastards (probably true).

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry to hear that, Tate.  

Are you planning on running your own investigation?  I know I would.  Nobody bullies my family and gets away clean.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I just looked this scenario - two pistol armed assailants on either side of you - up in my Krav Maga book.
It isn't there.
However, there is the process of disarming and disabling [i]one[/i] pistol armed attacker from the side.  There is also disarming and disabling [i]one[/i] pistol armed attacker from the front.  There is also the scenario of [i]two[/i] stick armed assailants on either side, and it demonstrates how to defeat both of them quickly.
I wonder how effective a combination of the above would be, if you were guarded by one why the other rifled through your belongings a few feet away.  One thing is for sure, I would be hard pressed to do anything if I had never been though the training before.
Sorry to hear about the home invasion.  That must SUCK.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]

I almost forgot.  You (or he) should check the local pawn shops early and often for your firearms and other goods.  They show up there more often than you would think, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Tate,

I'm thankful your father was not harmed.  My thoughts are if an individual is willing to point a weapon at another person, he's willing to use it.  Also, how fortunate that your mother was not home.

Well, you mentioned twice that they were using "racial slurs", so I'll be the first to ask:  What was the ethnicity of the robbers?

Hopefully your father was able to give LEO a good description of these POS.

Did you lend him another weapon? (Rhetorical question)

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, you mentioned twice that they were using "racial slurs", so I'll be the first to ask:  What was the ethnicity of the robbers?

View Quote

If you have to ask you probably haven't lived in the big city there is one type of people that commit most of these crimes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Will look for the guns at pawnshops tomorrow.  I think I'll call first, but act like I'm looking to buy - not let on that I'm looking for stolen property.  I can envision an unscrupulous PS owner saying "nope, haven't seen them" while standing there looking at my dad's guns.

Opinions?

The perps were black.

I am calling my dad right now to give him a WTF??? re: his not having a weapon now.  We were supposed to go get one yesterday, but he never called me.  Yes, he was aware that he could have borrowed any number of my guns - he didn't ask.  Will give a followup of my conversation with him in a minute.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear that.

You are way to forgiving though. Only hoping for 10 years? Borderline crazy, IMO.

Comfort your dad, he is likely to develop some emotional problems soon, be aware.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
[:(!] This pisses me off just reading about shit like this.  [cuss] [:(!]

I can't stand a damn thief. [:(!]

[heavy]

Glad your dad is OK.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For the finale - like something out of a Tarentino movie - they go to the pantry, shove a cigarette in dad's mouth, light it for him, tell him if he moves they'll kill him, then tell him that his wife has "paid her debt in full", then shut the door and leave.
View Quote

That's a weird reference to your step-mom.  Was this something personal? ie. Does your step-mom
remember having a 'run-in' recently?  I'm sure you've already thought of that.  

I hope they catch these vermin.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Re-check the pawn shops in 4-5 weeks also.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Tate.  Glad that your dad is OK.  
 Hope they find those thieves.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers out to your dad. I'm glad he is physically OK. It's good he has you to be there for him.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you have to ask you probably haven't lived in the big city there is one type of people that commit most of these crimes.
View Quote

I follow the illegal alien issue, and wanted to know if the POS were either black, Mexican, or white.

I live just outside San Antonio, so here it could've been either of the three...
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As a Texas Peace Officer, I really wish our citizens would exercise their right of self defense a little more often; a dead POS call has a lot less paper and heartache than trying to sort out a robbery.
View Quote

You sir, are to commended for your views!

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You are way to forgiving though. Only hoping for 10 years? Borderline crazy, IMO.

Comfort your dad, he is likely to develop some emotional problems soon, be aware.
View Quote

I'm taking your chastisement as it was intended, AZ-K9.  I'm trying not to say what I really think (there needs to be a hunting season on these mf's - we don't need gun control, what we need is N***** control - they should kill anyone who commits a crime with a weapon - first thing that needs to be done if they catch these guys is to nut them so they can't reproduce - ect...).  I'm REALLY, REALLY trying to be clear headed and fair hear - I went overboard to the "nice, soft, fluffy" side, I guess.  I even waited a few days on purpose to post this so that I didn't come off as a raving lunatic, and I didn't want to come across as being a racist either.  You know, it's frustrating when I want to show some good threads on arfcom to my black friends, but I end up not doing it because some member has made racial comments in the thread that are in poor taste and reflect poorly on the board and gunners in general (I've done it myself - sorry).

As for emotional problems - they're already there - dad was warned about them by the detectives who came to his house.  He feels afraid in his own house - I would too.  Really screwing with his head - would me too.  I spoke to them (step-mom and dad) and mentioned that in my mind this situation is similar in some respects to being raped or physically assaulted - they both agreed.  Gives me the **willies** thinking about having a loaded gun (multiple guns!) put to my head - and I'm at the mercy of the perp/s.  I informed them of the victim counselling services offered through the DPD website.

Also funny that in a strange way, I'm eternally grateful to them for not hurting him.  I would actually thank them for that.  It's a very weird feeling.  I would particularly thank the "nice" one who patted dad on the back - while shoving a gun in his back! - and said something to the effect of "you're ok - I'm not gonna hurt you".  He might have been instrumental in keeping the "mean" guy from killing dad - who knows?  Dad said the "mean" one kept shoving a pistol into his head and calling him a liar - told dad he was getting bad vibes from dad - itchy trigger finger type.  Jesus.  BTW - I asked him specifically and dad said that both were spewing the racial slurs - not just the "mean" one.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a weird reference to your step-mom.  Was this something personal? ie. Does your step-mom
remember having a 'run-in' recently?  I'm sure you've already thought of that.  
View Quote

C-4, as near as dad can tell, the perp was refering to my step-mom working to provide money and stuff for the perps to steal.  IOW, the white man paying off his "debt" to the black man.  Ain't that a helluva note?!

WTF???  Why isn't this a HATE CRIME???

BTW - "hate crime" is a liberal, feel good, bullshit term IMO.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you lend him another weapon? (Rhetorical question)
View Quote

Forgot to answer this.  Dad knew i would loan him whatever he wanted - from a KelTec P32 to a 20" fluted AR with Aimpoint/A.R.M.S. cool stuff, and anything in between.  As it turns out, word spreads pretty quickly in this tight knit neighborhood and a man that dad barely knows loaned him a colt single action .357 and a Browning 12 ga. pump that very night.  The man had his wife bring over the guns AND ammo to dad's house.  Dad knew him from an earlier incident where the man stopped by to discuss his truck being vandalized - dad's truck had been vandalized earlier too, the guy heard about it,  and wanted to talk to dad about the crimes.  Sounds like a great guy.  I'm trying to get ahold of him to thank him in any way I can.

Lots of neighbors, friends, and co-workers have been very nice to mom & dad.  BTW - one of the first friends to visit dad was a black guy - can't judge folks on skin pigment alone, that's for sure.

Good Lord - I'm still pissed - and afraid for them.  Like I said - great neighborhood - just too close to the parts of town where the vermin live.

fyi:

Perps had put $600 + on the stolen credit cards in less than an hour - they did it in the Town East area of Mesquite.

Dad will be covertly checking the pawn shops tomorrow.  I'll tell him to do it again in a few weeks.

Homeowners in the neighborhood are going to coordinate doing their lawnwork all at the same time to be outside together in the future.  One of the detectives said that last year, the MO was to go down the street during the daytime, pick a house, kick in the front door and go to town.  Seems like this year the perps are finding people in the yard and gaining access to the home through confidence/force/threat.

Goddamned welfare sucking pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Why do you think the death penalty is to much punishment for these criminals? Armed Robbery and kidnapping (if he was moved from one room to another against his will) is good enough for me to vote for the death penalty and I don't even know your dad.  If it was my dad There would be no question kill those mother fuckers!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I just don't believe in the DP for run of the mill property crimes.  If they started enforcing the DP for crimes like that, I wouldn't be out there protesting though.  If they had physically harmed him, my thoughts would be different.

For what these guys did - I say lock em up.

Don't worry - I'm no lib softie on crime.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Death is the only acceptable punishment for these guys! Prison would just be them sitting around on our dime hanging out with their homies planning more evil shit to do when they get out. These guys have no respect for the fellow man and should be shot to death in the town square.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Tate,

Glad your father is armed again.

Man, these POS are bold!!

Maybe a neighborhood crime watch is in order.

Going to bed, back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]
The only good thing is you Dad is OK. Sort of. It could have been much worse.
Hope things turn out better.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Tate, I am sorry to hear this.  I am glad that your dad is physically ok.  
Words escape me now, just know if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

TXLEWIS

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Many thanks to all for the kind words and advice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
then tell him that his wife has "paid her debt in full",
View Quote

What was that about?

Why do YOU think they chose your dads house? These things are rarely random. For example. Asain bangers almost exclusively target Asian business owners becuase they know they distrust the police and the banks. so they have cash at home and are unlikely to report the crime.

Drug dealers rip off drug dealers for the same reasons. All crime has a profit and risk which is usually considered. Only in incidences of emotionally driven crime, like revenge, is profit vs risk ignored.

So what made the crooks think your dad was high profit and low risk? Or was this something else..
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#25]
AR15fan - from above^

"C-4, as near as dad can tell, the perp was refering to my step-mom working to provide money and stuff for the perps to steal. IOW, the white man paying off his "debt" to the black man. Ain't that a helluva note?!"

The Whole time they were there, the perps were talking about whitey owing them......

As for the second question of why my dad was chosen, it's just the current MO for the poor downtrodden this year, according to one of the detectives.  The perps literally drive around looking for someone outside their home, then choose that house to rob.

Other reasons?  I guess this could get ugly, but I'll answer your question.

Where my dad lives, the residents are almost 100% white.  Lots of elderly.  Place is kind of being gentrified (not that the neighborhood isn't really nice to start out with) by yuppie gay men.  People in the neighborhood either work, or are retired.  They own shit that is of value.  Not an opulent neighborhood, but a nice one that has character.  Lots of huge pecan and oak trees.  The people are worried about what their yards and gardens look like.  They feed the squirrels (or try to get rid of them as the case may be [:D]).  They feed the birds, wash their cars, ect, ect.  They are the stereotypical WASP middle class IMO.  For the most part, they don't tote guns while they wash their cars and carry in their groceries after a trip to the store.  They don't keep their heads on a swivel because they are in their own nice little world.

If you were a welfare vacuuming, glass dick sucking, "who my baby daddy", glassy-eyed, fucked-up, dead end junkie who lived in a shithole neighborhood where a ten year old might be carrying a switchblade and the average **earned** income for a family is probably $15,000 a year, would you go looking for houses to rob in your own neighborhood or head over to my dad's neighborhood?

That's my theory.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
AR15fan - from above^

"C-4, as near as dad can tell, the perp was refering to my step-mom working to provide money and stuff for the perps to steal. IOW, the white man paying off his "debt" to the black man. Ain't that a helluva note?!"

The Whole time they were there, the perps were talking about whitey owing them......
View Quote

Then wouldnt they have said your Dad had paid his debt in full? But instead they told him his wife had paid HER debt.

Does she work in some position of power? Politics, LE, or even HR? Maybe she recently did something that offended someone related to the robbers?

Any chance the debt they were referring to was just that? An unpaid debt.  Does your step-mom have a gambling or drug problem?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Very sorry to hear that.  I had an extremely violated feeling after my car was broken into in my driveway, I can't imagine how your father must feel having the actual inside of his home violated and his life directly threatened.  

And I guess this shoots to hell the argument of whoever it was on here laughing about those who CCW while mowing the lawn and such as being ridiculous...
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#28]
AR15fan - gotta re-read my post - are you trying to fuck with my head?  If you are - bad form to try to do it at a time like this.  If you're not, I appologize to you.  Please re-read my post.

The perps were pissed that my dad didn't have more cash in the house.  He explained to them nicely that he is retired - nicely explained that my step-mom is the only current breadwinner in the house - my dad let the perps know that.  They went round and round about being pissed that whitey didn't have mo' money for them to take - money owed to them by the cracker fucking devils.

I'll break it down:

"Then wouldnt they have said your Dad had paid his debt in full? But instead they told him his wife had paid HER debt.  BECAUSE SHE WORKS - NOT HIM - SHE IS THE BREADWINNER IN THE FAMILY.

Does she work in some position of power? NO - SHE WORKS IN A DOCTOR'S OFFICE  Politics, LE, or even HR? NO  Maybe she recently did something that offended someone related to the robbers?  NO

Any chance the debt they were referring to was just that? NO  An unpaid debt. NO  Does your step-mom have a gambling or drug problem?  NO - SHE IS A DEVOUT CHURCH LADY, NOT A STICK IN THE MUD< BUT VERY RELIGIOUS.

Don't you understand English?  You can't go inside your house to get a drink of water while mowing your front lawn because a negro will steal your lawnmower in the 90 seconds you are inside your house.  Happened to my dad last year.  Happens to LOTS of people in this neighborhood.

When I go to visit him, if I have anything in the back of my truck, we either have to visit outside, or my stay is very short so that the stuff won't get stolen out of my truck.

Lady down the block from him was raped last year in her yard next to her house when she tried to walk outside to get into her car to go to work in the morning.

Negros cruise this neighborhood to fuck whitey and take his shit - get it?

The EXACT reason the perp said the "paid" thing? - I don't know.  Even the "mean" one came in and turned on the ceiling fan while my dad was tied up in the bedroom "too keep him cool".  Why did he do that - I don't have a fucking clue.  Do you?

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Tate,

I am sorry to hear about this. I worry abour stuff like this with my parents. My next door neighbor had the same thing happen to her. Scary sh*t. I hope they find the f**kers, I hope they find all their stuff but more important I hope your dad will once more feel safe in his own home.

Usually when people get older, their judgement on safety get slightly skewed. My dad, while driving decided to flip off some punk driving one of these lowered Acuras, and the punk decided to follow him around town for a while. i told him dont f**k with guys like that. they have NO value on human life and have no qualms putting a gun to your head.... And here is your dad who didnt instigate the situation at all.

Thank heaven he is alive.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Best wishes to your neighbor, DrFrige.

Sorry to hear about your car, AR-15Fan.

Got my step mom's jewelry.

Thanks for the offer of advice, 1Gunrunner - I'll yell if we have any questions, I assure you.

Ar15fan - if you weren't jerking my chain, then I'd like to apologize - i didn't mean to come across as a jerk.  The act WAS random - and this is the NORMAL M.O. - even according to the PD.

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:18:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Condolences, and I hope you find the motherfuckers, Tate.

I'm one of the guys who wears a gun working in the yard/sitting on the porch, working in the garage (and I also LOCK the house doors when I'm outside and do not have CONSTANT visual contact with the unlocked door), while watching TV, taking a hot bath after a hike, taking a shit, whatever.  Laugh if you want to, but it doesn't cost me a dime to keep a pistol within arm's reach, and it might cost you a LOT not to.

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:53:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm sorry to hear about this, Tate, and very glad that your father was physically unharmed and your step-mother wasn't there. If you need anything, give me a call.

Too bad this happened in Dallas, and not in a city where fighting criminals is actually a priority with the police department brass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Tate,

Words can not express the anger I feel towards the scum that did this to your family.  If you need my assistance, please call!

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
...called the popo.
View Quote

Popo?  Does that mean police?  (I'm not Barbara Billingsley - I don't speak Jive.)

Glad Dad is safe.  I'm sure he's second-guessing himself a lot.  Be supportive.

DrMark

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Tate,

Too often you hear on the local news how there was a kick-in robbery in Dallas, where the victim was harmed or killed.

I am glad your father made it out okay. He is very lucky since he saw their faces.

Did any of the neigbors see anything? i.e. description of the car, license plate, etc.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Where in East Dallas is this neighborhood?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Tate
I am so glad your dad was not hurt or worse. The mental scars are going to suck. I cant even begin to think about how you and your dad must feel.

I think AR15fan was just trying to help pin down a motive for the crime with the idea of helping catch the assholes. I didnt read any chain jerking.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn sorry to hear this buddy and this type of thing always upsets me to no end.

I have little doubt your father did absolutely nothing to deserve this other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time and of being the wrong color.  Having been through similar circumstances, he will most likely question what he did to deserve this and what he could have done to prevent it. His home has been violated and this is a tough thing to get over. I know.  Your support will be needed.

Short of not letting them get the jump on him in the first place, there isn't a thing he could have done.

There is much you can do to help him by both being supportive and leading him to action. First by pressing charges and staying on top of the case and second by improving home security.  May not need the increased security but does make you feel better like you are doing something.

My prayers are with him and if I was there so would be my 45.

Tj

BTW, Natez, you rule my man.  When are you going to move to TN?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Nothing like your situation, but the wife's purse was stolen from her office by 2 men of a similar persuasion. She was alerted to the fact by a shop owner that didn't think the guys were authorized to use her C cards when they tried to use one. We tracked all the charges and found a pattern. We went to each establishment and found out what was purchased. We got luck in 2 instances as the scumbags bought jewelry at a store that had surveilance tapes of the transaction. Turned over the info to the Po Po and they had something concrete. These fuckers were later convicted in large part because we were pissed & did some of our own work while things were still fresh. If you wait for the cops to get the CC transaction list next month, there may not be any tapes or whatever then.
Worked for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Tate,

Very sorry to hear about this.  As others said, let me know if you need anything.

QS,

I also pack a pistol around my house and yard.  If I am outside I am armed.  If I am inside, I am armed.  

Word travels fast these days.  If the kid down the street has a gangster friend, when your name comes up in conversation, you want this to be the transcript.

NeighborKid'sThugFriend:  Hey, who lives in that nice place down the street?

NeighborKid: Some guy and his wife I think, why?

NKTF:  They got some nice stuff?

NK:  Probably, why?  

NKTF:  No reason, just thinking out loud you know?

NK:  Well, I would think twice.  The guy even mows his grass with a pistol on his hip!

NKTF:  Well, Dayumn!  Nevermind.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Will I get harrassed by the local PD if I decide to open carry (or conceal carry) on my front lawn (my private property) while working in the yard or washing the car?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Yo Tate...does dad need someone to come by the house occasionally? Or ya want me and psyren to go sit in the front yard heavily armed for a couple of days?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Will I get harrassed by the local PD if I decide to open carry (or conceal carry) on my front lawn (my private property) while working in the yard or washing the car?
View Quote

You may open carry on your own property.  

Harassed?  I doubt it.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yo Tate...does dad need someone to come by the house occasionally? Or ya want me and psyren to go sit in the front yard heavily armed for a couple of days?
View Quote

I need Psyren to come sit in my yard for a few days.  You can stay home.  [;)]

TRG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Tate, it was very hard to read this thread. I am sorry to hear of the torture that your father endured. I cant even imagine the emotional roller coaster your family is on. I pray that your folks are able to find peace again, in their home and their everyday lives. I also pray that these animals are caught and brought to justice swiftly, either with a bullet or behind bars. God Bless.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Best wishes to you and your Dad,I really hope they catch these f***s.

I live in East Dallas as well, what neighborhood are your folks in, generally speaking [if you don't mind me asking]?

I don't go anywhere without a pistol around here....taking out the trash, grabbing something out of the truck, running to the store, etc. I've already drawn once this year, when some piece of shit tried to sneak up on me in my driveway around midnight, while I was sitting in my truck. Wife heard the commotion and was at the front door with her Glock 26 as well. POS changed his mind right quick. [:)] I guess staring down two barrels will do that to ya...

Hope everything turns out OK. Keep us updated, let us know what we can do to help out!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Sorry to hear the news Tate. Its bad anytime it
happens but worse when it happens to someone we know.
Let any of us know if you need any help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Yep, cept the conversation would probably go like this:

Quoted:

QS,

I also pack a pistol around my house and yard.  If I am outside I am armed.  If I am inside, I am armed.  

Word travels fast these days.  If the kid down the street has a gangster friend, when your name comes up in conversation, you want this to be the transcript.

NeighborKid'sThugFriend:  Hey, who lives in that nice place down the street?

NeighborKid: Some guy and his wife I think, why?

NKTF:  They got some nice stuff?

NK:  Probably, why?  

NKTF:  No reason, just thinking out loud you know?

NK:  Well, I would think twice.  [red]I've seen some weird shit there, man.  Last weekend, there were like eight guys walking around there waving machine guns and shit!  There was even a mutherfuckin cop car and everything!  I've even seen that dude draggin one of those sniper suits around in his yard by a rope![/red]

NKTF:  Well, Dayumn!  Nevermind.

TRG
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top