Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 10:02:58 AM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=102&topic_id=268717

He heh. They are coming apart at the seams.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess I just learned again why I don't go over there. It's like watchiing a train wreck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Unreal...

it was probably set up before the war

many of these insurgents have huge ammo dumps, military grade weaponry and military training using things like mines, mortars, rocket launchers, explosives.
This was obviously planned before the war.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I guess I just learned again why I don't go over there. It's like watching a train wreck.
View Quote

Are you kidding? Train wrecks are waaaaaayyyyy coool. [8D] But the bunch at DU are waaaaaaaaaayyyy clueless. [whacko]

[i]edited: Stats you beat me too it. I was about to paste that post here. Yes, totally unbelievable[/i]

[i]So how about the next one:

[b]MrTriumph  (279 posts)      Sun Dec-14-03 09:05 AM
Response to Original message

3. Beware of what you wish for...

No doubt Bush is happy- for now. But what can SH say? That he had no tie to 9-11. That he had no WMD. That he really enjoyed being a friend to the US for many years. And that he really enjoyed shaking hands with Rummy all those years ago.

And what does Bush do with SH?

[/b][/i]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I just learned again why I don't go over there. It's like watching a train wreck.
View Quote

Are you kidding? Train wrecks are waaaaaayyyyy coool. [8D] But the bunch at DU are waaaaaaaaaayyyy clueless. [whacko]

[i]edited: Stats you beat me too it. I was about to paste that post here. Yes, totally unbelievable[/i]

[i]So how about the next one:

[b]MrTriumph  (279 posts)      Sun Dec-14-03 09:05 AM
Response to Original message

3. Beware of what you wish for...

No doubt Bush is happy- for now. But what can SH say? That he had no tie to 9-11. That he had no WMD. That he really enjoyed being a friend to the US for many years. And that he really enjoyed shaking hands with Rummy all those years ago.

[red]And what does Bush do with SH?[/red]

[/b][/i]
View Quote

Easy. Take him to the ranch and make him slop the pigs.

CW
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]
There is some weird stuff over there...

What about the fact that rich white kids don't have to die for their country but dark-skinned kids and poor whites DO?
View Quote

Huh?  And he is not talking about Vietnam.  Dude must be having acid flashbacks to like 1969, cause last I checked we have an all-volunteer military. None of my friends in the service right now came from poor backgrounds.  Unfortunately, most servicemen would qualify as poor [u]after[/u] they enlist.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Soldier's Almanac, 2001:

Percentage by race of the Active Duty Army:

Other:  7%
Hispanic: 8%
Black:  26%
White:  59%

Yup, those days of claiming the minorities take the brunt of the combat losses are OVER.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Soldier's Almanac, 2001:

Percentage by race of the Active Duty Army:

Other:  7%
Hispanic: 8%
Black:  26%
White:  59%

Yup, those days of claiming the minorities take the brunt of the combat losses are OVER.

View Quote

A study published a while back showed that the % of troops in actual the combat MOS was skewed even more than that.  The actual triggerpullers are even closer to being all white.  Speculation is that minorities tend to join for the school money & job training so tend to gravitate towards the MOS that will help them get jobs in the civilian world.  I'd hazard a guess & say this doesn't really apply to Native American military personel though, from what I understand they almost exclusively go into the  combat MOS.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Also check the racial background of the higher profile US commanders in Iraq.  non-white.

From the video of the troops on the ground, the enlisted soldiers appear to be 90%+ white.

I think the DU folks are way off base.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]

I think the DU folks are way off base.
View Quote

DING DING DING!

We have a winner for the understatement of the year!

TXL
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
A DU'er said
Canada is looking better and better.
View Quote

Good.  Please go there.  We don't want you here anyway.

Another DU'er said:
He puts him in Guantanamo to shut him up until AFTER the election. Last thing he wants is this guy speaking his mind to the press.
View Quote

I don't think that it would be a good idea for Saddam to get on TV and anounce the location of his WMD's.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Greyhound is offering tickets for like $15 with no advance purchase needed.  I'm in for giving a DU'er a one way north or south of the border.  Anyone with me?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top