Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 12/14/2003 4:59:30 AM EDT
www.local6.com/news/2703554/detail.html

I know,I know, it's all how you raise 'em,you let your baby play with them blah blah blah!!!Why is it always the same breed?And don't put your tinfoil hat on and tell me it's all a conspiracy by the New World Order,the Masons or the democratic underground to keep these loveable little critters out of the hands of you,the TRUE PATRIOTS and defenders of the American way of life.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, WTF is up with this breed?  I see more news stories about Pit Bulls (I mean, the American Pit Bull Terrier....much more classy sounding and PATRIOTIC!) attacking and killing humans than any other.  Is there something inherently dangerous and vicious about this breed, or is it that irresponsible people are attracted to this breed because of it's dangerous reputation?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Raven,it's some of both but you'll never ever get a pit owner to fess up that this breed,which was bred to fight,maybe,just maybe, might have a "LITTLE" aggresiveness bred into it's genes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:07:05 AM EDT
[#3]
no reason to have these kinds of dogs. Should generally be treated the same as owning a tiger.

FLAME AWAY, I'm RIGHT!

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:09:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It should be that if you own a breed such as this, you should be given two choices: (1) put up a bond or insurance policy of, say, $50,000.00, to pay for any damages/injuries your pets may cause, or (2) understand that you could face severe criminal prosecution in the event that your pets tore up someone else.

Please, please, don't give me that limp, tire-azzed comment that 'your assault weapons should be handled the same way then'!

My assault weapons, if left alone, will hurt no one. If I am handling them and cause damage, injury, or death, then I already know that I will face severe criminal prosecution.

I have a story of two stray chows that came into my granddaughter's farm yard several years ago.

I [u]know[/u] how helpless a child must feel when such dogs are in their immediate vicinity and there is nothing between them and the safety of their home.

Luckily for my granddaughter, she had a Granddaddy with a Glock 27 and an extended mag between her and those dogs!

[:D]

It changed her to being a devout believer in the RKBA in a nanosecond!

Eric The(DeathToAnyAnimateObjectThreateningMyLovedOnes)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I'm with  the Hun on this one, there are way too many idiots with pit bulls up here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It should be that if you own a breed such as this, you should be given two choices: (1) put up a bond or insurance policy of, say, $50,000.00, to pay for any damages/injuries your pets may cause, or (2) understand that you could face severe criminal prosecution in the event that your pets tore up someone else.
View Quote

Oh, but Eric, that would be [sarcasm]profiling[/sarcasm]

Sheesh!

When my siblings and I were but little tykes, we lived next to a guy that had a german shepherd, that loved to jump the fence. We were terrified and wouldn't play in the back yard after it jumped the fence one day.  Dad gave him one warning - the next time he saw that dog jumping the fence, it would be dead before it hit the ground.  Fortunately dad was a pretty darn good marksman and the guy knew it (shooting Starlings at 100 yds in your back yard with a Mauser training rifle (.22) helps establish that fact)

My guess is that Aimless has it about right - 30% breed, 70% owner (and owners training of said animal).
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Please, please, don't give me that limp, tire-azzed comment that 'your assault weapons should be handled the same way then'!

My assault weapons, if left alone, will hurt no one. If I am handling them and cause damage, injury, or death, then I already know that I will face severe criminal prosecution.

I have a story of two stray chows that came into my granddaughter's farm yard several years ago.

I [u]know[/u] how helpless a child must feel when such dogs are in their immediate vicinity and there is nothing between them and the safety of their home.

Luckily for my granddaughter, she had a Granddaddy with a Glock 27 and an extended mag between her and those dogs!

[:D]

It changed her to being a devout believer in the RKBA in a nanosecond!

Eric The(DeathToAnyAnimateObjectThreateningMyLovedOnes)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

All those posts and I never saw a dumb one till now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

How so?

-HS
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I aggre with the 30%-70% theory. I have had a pit bull for over 10 years. and she is a real sweetheart. They are however a very powerful breed of dog and you MUST be careful. Thats goes really for any type of dog. I will not hesitate to get another pitty though, they are good dogs if you find one thats smart and take the time to raise it. Mine oves my kids, and she likes to play hide and seek with them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Parse it for us, then. Where did TheHun's intellect fail him?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#13]
ETH hit the nail on the head. If you own such an animal, you should be required to have some sort of insurance to pay for damages. In many cases, homeowners will cover it. If you don't own a home, you should be required to have insurance just like car insurance. There are far too many dirt bags and idiots walking around here with these dangerous dogs.

And regarding that case, that dumbass Freeman should do time for manslaughter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
My home owner's coverage won't cover me at my current rate if I own one of several breeds of dog - the pit is one of them and off the top of my head it included the chow, dobbie ... makes a good shopping list for protection dogs but that's what I bought a gun for [:)]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:43:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
no reason to have these kinds of dogs. Should generally be treated the same as owning a tiger.

FLAME AWAY, I'm RIGHT!

View Quote

OK, so substitute "guns" for "dogs". I mean aren't people always saying 'there's no reason for 'those' kind of guns'.

Part of the reason that you hear so many incidents with pit bulls is due the the press sensationalizing any incidents they see. The press loves a sensational story whether it be pit bulls, AIDS, shark attacks, whatever.

The last statistics I saw said that cocker spaniels bit more people than any other breed, yet you never hear of that. Sound analagous to assault weapon attacks ? I mean nobody cares about a cute little dog biting someone, but those 'evil' pit bulls...that's different.

In my opinion, some people shouldn't own agressive breeds just like some people (felons, etc) shouldn't have firearms.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone not noticed yet that anyone who disagrees with ETH is immediately declared liberal.

Come on Eric, everyone has a right to their opinion without being degraded (called a liberal) by you.

Do you also declare that no one should have a car that can go fast ?

The bottom line here is personal responsibility. If you own a dog that has aggresive tendancies (not just pit bulls) you must be responsible for their actions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I had to kill two pit bull dogs earlier this year who were loose and attacking other animals.
Through that whole deal I realized that there is a perticular type of fella that would own such a dog, after all that breed isnt exactly known for its intelligence,working ability,or helpfulness around your place. A stupid, untrainable attack dog would about sum it up.
Any intelligent man who wanted a dog with some fighting ability would want one that could be controlled so he could use him as a weapon.
I own a Blue Heeler that is very aggressive, he has charged into a pack of coyotes better than 30 times to protect my cows, and would take down a man if I told him to. He guards my property and my family and lives to do what we ask. From what Ive seen all herding dogs have these traits, I just prefer the Heelers cause of all the coyotes around here.
So what Im saying is that is a worthless breed of dog owned by a dumbass with low expectations from his help.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has anyone not noticed yet that anyone who disagrees with ETH is immediately declared liberal.

Come on Eric, everyone has a right to their opinion without being degraded (called a liberal) by you.

Do you also declare that no one should have a car that can go fast ?

The bottom line here is personal responsibility. If you own a dog that has aggresive tendancies (not just pit bulls) you must be responsible for their actions.
View Quote

I have disagreed with Eric on many an occasion and have never been called a liberal.

As for pit pulls, I'd put the percentages closer to 10% and 90%.

There is one important point. You are responsible for the actions of your pet.  Insurance is a very good idea.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#21]
There's no amount of insurance or a bond worth the life of an individual.

This guy didn't have one mean dog he had six and there were complaints prior to the attack.

Odds are he's a renter and doesn't have a bit or insurance.

This guy should be nailed to the wall for negligent homicide.  

BTW, yep we need new laws that always solves everything for we all know everyone obeys the law. [rolleyes]

Tj

BTW, nice shooting Inatree.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#22]
In many cases, homeowners will cover it. If you don't own a home, you should be required to have insurance just like car insurance.
View Quote

In many cases if your insurance company finds out you own Pit Bulls they will drop you like a hot brick.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Pit bulls are like bear traps.  They don't bite until a certain amount of pressure is applied to their trigger,  but you don't really know how sensitive their trigger is until you test it.

I've never had a problem with a pit bull, but I've also never entirely trusted one, either.   That would not be prudent.

I've had direct contact with what I'm absolutely positive were six pits that were actively used in dogfighting.  All six in one back yard, all with lots of scars,  ears cropped very short,  all out of each other's chain range.  Four or five of them would positively COWER when approached by a human, and the fifth one would lunge at you to the end of his chain.

Being a true dog lover,  I made friends with all six of them in short order.  Even the lunger (who, despite the lunging, never showed any overt aggressive behavior) turned into a docile overgrown puppy once you got within petting range, which I did with great caution.    All six were totally submissive when in human contact range, at least to me.  But I'm about as confident with dogs as anybody, which I'm sure they picked up on.  They can smell fear, and I didn't have any.

That doesn't mean I'd want to take off running away from them when they were all off their leashes.  Some games you just don't play.

CJ
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My home owner's coverage won't cover me at my current rate if I own one of several breeds of dog - the pit is one of them and off the top of my head it included the chow, dobbie ... makes a good shopping list for protection dogs but that's what I bought a gun for [:)]
View Quote

Read my post above, get around a Heeler or an Autrailian Sheppard and take a look at them in action, I bet they arnt on that list, if you want an aggressive dog that hangs on your every word and watches every move you make. I cant sing the praises of these animals enough. If you dont know what they are, you usually see them in the back of cowboy and wannabe cowboy trucks.
Get one, the best tool youll ever own.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree with Aimless re the 30%/70% of pitbulls.  I've had a friend or 2 that had a pit, decent enuff dogs....but the vast majority of the folks I see with them (at least around here) are your typical puffed out chest "I'm such a badass...what the hell you look'n at?",  40oz swilling, dope smoking trailer park/ghetto gangster assclowns.  It's not the dog's fault that so many of the owners are macho fvcktards.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In many cases, homeowners will cover it. If you don't own a home, you should be required to have insurance just like car insurance.
View Quote

In many cases if your insurance company finds out you own Pit Bulls they will drop you like a hot brick.
View Quote

That just goes to show they are tired of paying claims for injuries caused by that breed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#28]
" A breed not known for their intellegence, or working ability."

Inatree, you are kidding right?

I hope.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#29]
i dont like pit bulls[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#30]
My dad was serving an arrest warrant on a man one time and the man's wife let the pitbulls out of the back of the house and turned them on my dad.

he shot one of the dogs before they got to him but the other lunged and got him on the left arm.  he tried to free himself without killing the dog but the dog was like obsessed or something.  he ended shooting him between the eyes at point blank range to stop the attack.

pit bulls are a time bomb waiting to go off.  i can't see why anyone would take the chance of owning one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FLAME AWAY, I'm RIGHT!

View Quote

OK, so substitute "guns" for "dogs". I mean aren't people always saying 'there's no reason for 'those' kind of guns'.

Part of the reason that you hear so many incidents with pit bulls is due the the press sensationalizing any incidents they see. The press loves a sensational story whether it be pit bulls, AIDS, shark attacks, whatever.

The last statistics I saw said that cocker spaniels bit more people than any other breed, yet you never hear of that. Sound analagous to assault weapon attacks ? I mean nobody cares about a cute little dog biting someone, but those 'evil' pit bulls...that's different.

In my opinion, some people shouldn't own agressive breeds just like some people (felons, etc) shouldn't have firearms.

View Quote
blah, blah, blah.  Same old worn out bullshit.  No gun has ever gotten up and done a damn thing on it's own.  The same cannot be said for a pit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#32]
This again?  I thought most of ya'll had a bible to beat, not this old dead horse.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The last statistics I saw said that cocker spaniels bit more people than any other breed, yet you never hear of that.
View Quote

C'mon dude,take off your tinfoil hat.If cockers do bite more people do they go into a frenzy and continue biting until someone's dead?If the press is just out for a sensational story then they would be all over those killer cocker spaniels wouldn't they???
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Texas ED is correct about the cocker information.  More chidren make trips to the ER for cocker bites than any other dog.  Next in line is the little wiener dogs.  However most of these bites are not fatal and therefore don't make the news.  That is of course no comfort to the child that still needs facial reconstructive surgery from the spaniel bite.  The press does sensationalize the pit stories.  Please put this into perspective, I live in Texas and hear about every pit attack that occurs across the US!  If every dog attack that resulted in a trip to the OR were reported, I can gurrantee we would all be calling for the heads of a different breed than the pit.  

I unfortuneatley don't have any documentation on me at the moment and will try to find some, but this was considered common knowledge in the ER where I worked due to the numbers of reported cases in the US.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#35]
I recently had to shoot a pit bull. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
I shot him, not because he was attacking me or anyone else,  but because he was old and was sick with cancer. He was a good dog, one of the best I've seen. I will not get another for the simple fact that neighbors are more important than dogs. Your neighbors shouldn't have to live in fear, no matter how silly that fear is. [:|]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Texas ED is correct about the cocker information.  More chidren make trips to the ER for cocker bites than any other dog.  Next in line is the little wiener dogs.  However most of these bites are not fatal and therefore don't make the news.  That is of course no comfort to the child that still needs facial reconstructive surgery from the spaniel bite.  The press does sensationalize the pit stories.  Please put this into perspective, I live in Texas and hear about every pit attack that occurs across the US!  If every dog attack that resulted in a trip to the OR were reported, I can gurrantee we would all be calling for the heads of a different breed than the pit.  

I unfortuneatley don't have any documentation on me at the moment and will try to find some, but this was considered common knowledge in the ER where I worked due to the numbers of reported cases in the US.
View Quote

A trip to the ER is one thing, a trip to the MORGUE is a little different.

Apples and oranges.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#37]
The difference between a AK w/30 rounds locked & loaded in a corner and a pit bull is is the capacity to make decisions. Both are potentially destructive and if left alone will usually cause no problem. With a dog, decison capacity plus destructive potential and instinct equals a very difficult problem. Part of my coyote hunting agreements with the farmers is to shoot on sight any feral dog or any dog running cattle. I hit a pit bull with a .223, then went in the brush with a pistol to finish him off. Six solid hits with a .45 before he stayed down. Nothing to mess with, not something that needs to be in a community.

rk
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Your neighbors shouldn't have to live in fear, no matter how silly that fear is. [:|]
View Quote

So if I'm scared of your guns, you'll get rid of those too?  What about if I'm scared your gas grill will blow up?  Or if I'm scared your SUV will polute the environment & kill me eventually?
They are increasingly ridiculous, but they are all ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your neighbors shouldn't have to live in fear, no matter how silly that fear is. [:|]
View Quote

So if I'm scared of your guns, you'll get rid of those too?  What about if I'm scared your gas grill will blow up?  Or if I'm scared your SUV will polute the environment & kill me eventually?
View Quote

Pathetic!

My guns aren't going to do anything on their on.

False analogy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#40]
If I saw a pit bull running free and unsupervised in my neighborhood (that has lots of little children) I'd kill it immediately, no questions asked.

And I'd do the same for any guns ard fast cars running around free and unsupervised in my neighborhood as well. [:P]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#41]
"Why is it always the same breed?"

Actually, it's not always the same breed. But no doubt it sounds more sensational to label a vicious dog a "pit bull".

Much like everytime there is a shooting, the media immedietly say that an assault rifle was used. And almost always, it's an AK47.

And this isn't just my opinion, or a "tinfoil hat" statement.

Richard Stratton, an expert on pit bulls, decided to study so called "pit bull" attacks reported in the media.

What he found was that more often than not it was either another breed all together, or most often a curr dog of unknown pedigry or breeding.

But of course, you rabid anti pit bull types can't be convinced, not matter what any of us who know the breed have to say. Unfortunately your opinion is simply based on your ignorance of the breed, and what you read in the paper (more often than not).

"Those cute little pit bulls..... " You got that right! (except for the little part, 85 pounds and counting!)

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049817.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I guess you people would sleep better at night if it were some other breed doing the killing?

Dogs are vicious pure and simple(so are cats). It just so happens that pitbulls have the power to go with it. Jack Russel's are one of the meanest frickin dogs I have EVER seen. You don't hear about people wanting to ban those do you? Cats are the same way. If they were big enough they would eat you VERY quickly.

So to say there is something wrong with this breed is based on emotion and not fact. [b]This is a powerful dog and thats it[/b]. Any dog can be made to fight.

I guess you should not be allowed to own 50 BMG either.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The difference between a AK w/30 rounds locked & loaded in a corner and a pit bull is is the capacity to make decisions. Both are potentially destructive and if left alone will usually cause no problem. With a dog, decison capacity plus destructive potential and instinct equals a very difficult problem. Part of my coyote hunting agreements with the farmers is to shoot on sight any feral dog or any dog running cattle. I hit a pit bull with a .223, then went in the brush with a pistol to finish him off. [red]Six solid hits with a .45 before he stayed down. Nothing to mess with, not something that needs to be in a community.[/red]

rk
View Quote

Neither are you with those piss poor shooting skills. I wonder if you should even own a gun.
Jeez...get to the range atleast once a decade!

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Good point however a dog is just a dog no matter if you think of it as family, Guns and weapons are a right, not only to provide food or secure your home but also to keep the people in control of the gubmint. I'm free to own a pit if I want to, but to keep civil no more pits for me.
P.S. nothing wrong with the breed, just folks perception of the breed.
P.P.S. that is one sharp lookin pup shamus
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

A trip to the ER [red](.22)[/red] is one thing, a trip to the MORGUE [red](50 BMG)[/red] is a little different.

Apples and oranges.
View Quote

hmmmm   .22 vs 50 BMG comes to mind. Sounds like people should not be allowed to own 50BMG. Still feel the same way?..... Didnt think so!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I saw a free-running pitbull bitch with no collar running throught the neighborhood last Thursday.  She was hungry and scared and really sweet.  So instead of getting the USP (like some assclowns I hear would do)  I fed her and took her to a nearby vet in case it had an inplant to read so the owner would be found.
BTW, passerbys are always calling our crazy boxers "pit bulls".
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

A trip to the ER [red](.22)[/red] is one thing, a trip to the MORGUE [red](50 BMG)[/red] is a little different.

Apples and oranges.
View Quote

hmmmm   .22 vs 50 BMG comes to mind. Sounds like people should not be allowed to own 50BMG. Still feel the same way?..... Didnt think so!
View Quote

Truly amazing.  The lack of reasoning, logic,and reading comprehensions is quite amusing.

Neither the .22 nor the 50 BMG and are going to do a damn thing on their own.  That alone nullifies the bullshit comparisons some of you are trying to make.  Damn, I feel like I am aruging with a fucking anti who says "guns kill".

What part of that escapes some you?

Yeah, I still feel the same.  Your "didn't think so" was just more bullshit, just like your analogy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#48]
hmmmm .22 vs 50 BMG comes to mind. Sounds like people should not be allowed to own 50BMG. Still feel the same way?..... Didnt think so!
View Quote

I agree you don’t think... To compare an inanimate object with a live animal shows you don’t think.

All dogs are NOT THE SAME Pit Bulls are built to fight and kill only and idiot would ignore this fact

There is no safety on a Pit Bull You cannot unlock and lock up a Pit Bull in a safe. You cannot put a trigger lock on a Pit Bull. You can lock up the ammunition of a Pit Bull so please don’t make silly comparison of inanimate objects and living animal. When you find a gun that can walk around and shoot people on its own then you can make the comparison.

Some Pit Bull owner are responsible the problem is a large portion of them are not. Many Pit Bull owners are unfortunately irresponsible arrested adolescent brainless “Joe Bad Ass” types. You take the nature of the Pit Bull and then the nature of many Pit Bull owners and you have dangerous mix... in many cases a fatal mix.

The breed attracts a large number of idiots.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Lets see if I can do this without being to verbose...

If you like Pit Bull Terriers, this is for you:

As far as I am concerned, you can own what ever kind of animal you like.  train it in any way you like.  Just understand that if you cannot control it outside of your yard, there may be consequences.

Of course, some municipalities have limits on what someone can do to an animal, but in a perfect world, if your animal was peacable, and approached my property while you were with it, and I didn't want it on my property - or around me, I would let you know in a calm, polite manner.  However, please don't snap back that you have him on a leash, when it's one of those types where you can let the rope out for what seems like 50 yards when approaching me - I won't be able to tell you to rein him in quietly if you do - it's tantamount to not having it on  a leash at all - you have very little control at that point.

Also, if he so much as appeared agressive, my tone might not be so polite, and in either case, I'd expect it to be acted upon in a positive manner.  If you weren't there, well, you aren't in control of your animal, and I will be - and I'll take whatever actions I deem necessary at that time.

Of course, if I have and animal, I would expect you to have the same set of rules.  If you're not responsible to maintain control of your animal, you should either accept the consequences, or get rid of it.

Actually, this applies whether it's a pit bull or a poodle or whatever.

Oh, and you need to also accept the fact that how you've trained the animal will contribute to it's behaviour, and then to how others react to it.  If you've trained it to be agressive, most people won't like it, and will react in a negative manner, because they don't feel they can trust it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Goddamnit! This bullshit is getting old. You don't think there is a parallel between RKBA and owning a pit bull? Then you need to wake up and smell the Red Herring as Eric put it. The media sensationalizes things, YES?! If it's scary it sells, yes? Well, pit bulls are big scary monsters yes? So are those mean baby killing black rifles. Everytime someone does something with a black rifle it's on the news immediately. Played over and over until everyone's nice and scared right? Well the same thing goes for pitbulls. As far as being tired of hearing about pitbull bites, and it's "always that breed" blah blah bla. What other breed will generate so much fear that it will sell news? Not many. The pitbull is a sure thing to get attention in the media. Well guess what . Pits are actually only responsible for a VERY SMALL percentage of dog bites in this country. I'm gonna be finding the stats here soon for the non believers. It's around 1 or 2%. Hey that sounds familiar! Assault rifles are only used in 1% of  gun crime,but according to the media they are killing thousands of babies everyday.You've all read the papers. You know what journalists do to make money. They sensationalize things. There is a test that is done to determine if a dog is suitable for adoption, that tests the dogs aggressiveness. I'll find the name of it and get stats in a minute. Pitbull score in the 95th percentile everytime. Meaning they are less likely to bite you than a Cocker spaniel or a Labradore Retriever. Don't beleieve it? Well, I'll have the stats soon, don't worry. Pitbulls have been bred for hundreds of years not to bite humans. Those that did were culled. REcently with the advent of gangbangers and backyard breeders that are trying to make a buck off the new infamy of the breed are putting dogs that should never have been bred out in the hands of the wrong people. A pitbull should never bite a person. And historicly they don't. They were originally bred to be fighting dogs. They were bred to be aggresive toward other dogs. This is true. But not humans.You can't fight a dog that will bite it's owner after it is injured. The owner has to be in the ring with the dog during the fight. If a dog bites it's owner(rare), it was culled on the spot.Nw days, backyard breeders don't care about that. They just want to make a buck. They overbreed their dogs in terrible conditions and don't care if they breed the wrong dogs. Then Gus Gangbanger puts his new dog in the yard with a giant logging chainaround his neck and beats him"to make him tough". Then when that poor neglected dog bites someone the news media makes it sound like it was the dog's fault. Just like when a gangbanger shoots someone it's the guns fault. Pitbulls used to be the all American dog. Remeber the Little Rascals? Their dog Petey was a pitbull. Pits are great with kids, because they are so people friendly. They make horrible guard dogs because they like people so much. In WW1 they most highly decorated dog in the Army was a Pitbull. Helen Keller and many presidents have owned Pitbulls. I own a pitbull. You should see her with kids. She is so gentle. She moves very slowly and carefully, and loves to lick them. I have a cousin that loves my dog Mojo. Her and the other kids throw sticks at her and pull her ears and she just loves it. She loves to be with kids. We had our home broken into and the dog didn't even bark. She was just happy to see another person. That's typical of the breed. They're bad guard dogs for that reason. That's all I can say right this second. I'm pretty upset. Hearing my people here talk about this breed of dogs the way DUers talk about guns is frustrating. Do some reading about the breed before jumping to conclusions. That's all I can say. You should all know by now how badly the media represents things.

[img] http://www.hunt101.com/img/079175.jpg[/img]  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top