Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 8:22:15 PM EDT
Congresswoman Musgrave has taken an oath to defend the Constitution and the right to own firearms, as enumerated in the Second Amendment.  Marilyn is committed to defending this right from those who wish to infringe upon it.

While serving in the Colorado legislature, Marilyn Musgrave was a champion of gun rights and she continues to build that track record in the U.S. House of Representatives.  Marilyn worked hard to lay the groundwork for Colorado's current concealed carry law.  

As the Representative for the Fourth Congressional District, she continues to fight for the rights of gun owners by working to make sure the 1994 Clinton gun ban sunsets as proposed.  In addition, she co-sponsored H.R. 990, the Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2003, a bill ensuring that Colorado concealed carry permit holders will be able to protect themselves while traveling, and she helped pass H.R. 1036, the Lawful Commerce In Arms Act, a bill stopping frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers and dealers.  

Marilyn Musgrave is a defender of the Constitution and won't compromise on your freedoms.

And she is a member of The Liberty Committee as well

dave
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Think we could convince her to move to CA?

CW
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
At least there are some people in our govt. that know how to read the Constitution.  Wish I could vote for her!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
At least there are some people in our govt. that know how to read the Constitution.  Wish I could vote for her!
View Quote

Could use her in Chicago

Vote for her early and often

and

All the DEAD Relatives of the early and often Voters

The Chicago Machine Way

[rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems like we have a few good elected leaders in Colorado.

This is my AWB response letter from Scott McInnis (R) Colorado :

Dear Quib:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Assault Weapons Ban, which is scheduled to expire in September of 2004. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

I have long been a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and my votes on this issue are specific. The only individuals who are hampered by gun-control legislation are law-abiding citizens. I voted in opposition to the AWB in 1994. Additionally, I voted in favor of repealing the AWB in 1996. While it is not clear that an extension or expansion of the AWB or semi-auto and magazine ban will be voted on in the House of Representatives, should there be such a vote I plan to oppose any such extension or expansion. I believe that there are more effective ways to stop crime by targeting criminals and putting them where they belong - prison.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me on this important issue. I am committed to seeking the input of the people of Colorado and appreciate your role in that process.

Sincerely,
Scott McInnis
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
....While it is not clear that an extension or expansion of the AWB or semi-auto and magazine ban will be voted on in the House of Representatives....
View Quote

One can hope that it will not....  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top