Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/13/2003 6:28:49 PM EDT
They did another bust with someone stealing a bicycle valued at $3000, a value high enough to make the theft a felony. Is this just common practice now or what?

I think it is some serious BS. Tagging some people with a felony conviction for stealing a stupid bike seems pretty absurd to me. Good to know that they are keeping the streets safe though.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
even if it was worth a dollar the scumbags outta get the book thrown at them.

I really despise thieves.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
F-em, nobody steals a bicycle by accident.  I hope they throw the book at him.  I f-in hate thieves.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

ditto only i'd give them the chair.

mike
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course they didn't steal the bike by accident. Of course they deserve to be punished. But a felony? Come on. [whacko]

Classing a bike thief with murderers and rapists is just plain absurd.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ditto only i'd give them the chair.

mike
View Quote

[rofl2] You gotta be shitting me man. The chair for stealing something worth a dollar?

Even Hitler wasn't that strict. [LOL]

Or the Arabs for that matter. Even when you get your hand cut off you are in a better position than a person who gets the chair.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Give his hand the chair.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
what if that was your bike you'd just bought for your kid as a present? they got exactly what they deserved
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what if that was your bike you'd just bought for your kid as a present? they got exactly what they deserved
View Quote

What did they deserve exactly? That is my question.

To get in legal trouble? Yes.
Go to jail for a little bit? Yes.
Fines and community service? Yes.

A felony conviction? Please.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

some sack of shit stole some tools from me I would like them to go to federal pounding in the ass prison for life.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry but i have ZERO use for a theif.

You attitude is exactly the reason they feel they can get away with stealing.

Oh it was just a bike. No big deal. Oh it was just your car, sorry. BULLSHIT!

Sorry that bike belonged to someone that WORKED to pay for it. I don't care if it was 10.00 or 5000.00. Fuck 'em. burn a few at the stake.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
To save up enough money to buy a $3000k bike on top of all my other bills would take me about a year if not a bit longer.  The f-er should spend at least a year behind bars which would make it a felony.  [red]When people steal, it isn't just a "property" crime, they are stealing the portion of your life you put into earning that property.[/red]  Did I say I f-ing hate thieves?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry that bike belonged to someone that WORKED to pay for it. I don't care if it was 10.00 of 5000.00. Fuck 'em. burn a few at the stake.

View Quote

LMFAO!!! So if somebody steals a toothpick you would advocate their immediate execution. Crimes are on a sliding scale, that is why we have things like felonies, misdemeanors, and petty offenses. Otherwise we would just call everything crime. The penalty would be death.

BTW - I never said that it was "no big deal" it just wasn't something that should be considered a felony. Consider it this way the police officers in charge of the bust set it up in a way that the crime committed would be more severe than the way it appeared to the criminal. Not really that reasonable. Obviously the person was a criminal and does not deserve sympathy but the severity of the crime is not apparent.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They did another bust with someone stealing a bicycle valued at $3000, a value high enough to make the theft a felony. Is this just common practice now or what?

I think it is some serious BS. Tagging some people with a felony conviction for stealing a stupid bike seems pretty absurd to me. Good to know that they are keeping the streets safe though. [rolleyes]

View Quote

I don't see an issue here. The value of the property was fairly significant. The charge should reflect that.A felony level offense in this case is appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

That will teach their ass.  Let them steal your sh-t.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To save up enough money to buy a $3000k bike on top of all my other bills would take me about a year if not a bit longer.  The f-er should spend at least a year behind bars which would make it a felony.  [red]When people steal, it isn't just a "property" crime, they are stealing the portion of your life you put into earning that property.[/red]  Did I say I f-ing hate thieves?
View Quote

It is all right to hate theives. I do as well. I in fact had my bike stolen up here at school about a month ago. That was $800 down the hole, and as a college student I simply can't replace it. The bike is gone and I can't get another one. Do I want the theives punished? Yes, obviously. Do I think putting the person in jail for a year or more at a cost of many thousands of dollars to society is a good idea. No. What the fuck would the point be? Do you think the guy is going to learn anything from it? No, he is going to be back there on the streets doing the same thing when he gets out. I would rather have more of my tax money so that I can buy another bike and a better lock.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That will teach their ass.  Let them steal your sh-t.
View Quote

As I mentioned in the post below, [red] I did have my bike stolen about a month ago.[/red]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It is all right to hate theives. I do as well. I in fact had my bike stolen up here at school about a month ago. That was $800 down the hole, and as a college student I simply can't replace it. The bike is gone and I can't get another one. Do I want the theives punished? Yes, obviously. Do I think putting the person in jail for a year or more at a cost of many thousands of dollars to society is a good idea. No. What the fuck would the point be? Do you think the guy is going to learn anything from it? No, he is going to be back there on the streets doing the same thing when he gets out. I would rather have more of my tax money so that I can buy another bike and a better lock.
View Quote

How about the thief paying you back the cost of the item if it wasn't recovered and a penalty to both the state for thier time and you for your time?

CW
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What the fuck would the point be? Do you think the guy is going to learn anything from it?  
View Quote

It will keep him off the streets and teach him to steal someplace else.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

sure he only stole YOUR bike. Lets not forget about the other 12 bikes he probobly stole that month. Then he graduates to B&E cause bikes don't make ends meet anymore. Then it rolls into something else when a homeowner/bike owner catches him in the act.

Don't be so stupid as to think one criminal stole your bike and then gave up his life of crime. that "Thousands of dollars per year" is reltive. the prison is already built. Keep him from stealing my stuff.

Hatred for thieves is not even close to what i feel for them. The sliding scale is BS. Criminals know what the limits are and WILL repeat again and again keeping just under that felony limit. This dumbass screwed up and stole the wrong bike.

Throw the book at him.

mike
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is some serious BS. Tagging some people with a felony conviction for stealing a stupid bike seems pretty absurd to me. Good to know that they are keeping the streets safe though. [rolleyes]

View Quote

I don't see an issue here. The value of the property was fairly significant. The charge should reflect that.A felony level offense in this case is appropriate.
View Quote

The property was that of the police station. If the bicycle were a locked item of private ownership I would feel different. The fact of the matter however is that the bike was set up to lull people into a crime of opportunity. Now when someone is a victim of theft it doesn't really mean shit whether the crime is planned and organized or opportunistic, but the number of victims that each have is an important distinguishing characteristic. If the cops used a bike that was valued at felony levels to catch a ring of organized bike thieves (as what operates at CU Boulder where I go to school) that is one thing. Using a bike that is of greater value than it would appear to snare some idiot criminal opportunist is another.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How about the thief paying you back the cost of the item if it wasn't recovered and a penalty to both the state for thier time and you for your time?

CW
View Quote

That I would like.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck the theives!  They took the bike amd I highly doubt it's their first.  These are the same people that will steal a car.  ANd even with afellon conviction they still will probably be out in 1-3 months!

They're getting off easy IMO.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey, maybe these guys were just taking the bike to a nearby gas station or store.  A bike left out like that after dark is just begging to be stolen, maybe they were being Good Samaritans?

I dont like these set ups on Cops.  I hate the ones where they pose as street level pot dealers and bust users buying a gram or two of dope.  They'll have 5-6 officers working these reverse stings.  And the people they bust are not exactly scumbags.  They busted a poor old cancer victim who had a morphine pump installed under his skin above the hip.  You figure this guy has enough problems in his life without the fucking cops setting him up on a bullshit marijuana buy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sure he only stole YOUR bike. Lets not forget about the other 12 bikes he probobly stole that month. Then he graduates to B&E cause bikes don't make ends meet anymore. Then it rolls into something else when a homeowner/bike owner catches him in the act.

Don't be so stupid as to think one criminal stole your bike and then gave up his life of crime. that "Thousands of dollars per year" is reltive. the prison is already built. Keep him from stealing my stuff.

Hatred for thieves is not even close to what i feel for them. The sliding scale is BS. Criminals know what the limits are and WILL repeat again and again keeping just under that felony limit. This dumbass screwed up and stole the wrong bike.

Throw the book at him.

mike
View Quote

I know that my bike was not stolen by an opportunistic thief. It is well known that there are rings of organized bike thieves up here that steal literally over $100,000 of bikes a year. Now in total I am sure that is a felony.

The people that are being "caught" on cops however are not the same types of theives. We aren't talking about a bicycle locked with a U-lock. We are talking about a bicycle sitting outside completely unlocked. It is a different crime.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck would the point be? Do you think the guy is going to learn anything from it?  
View Quote

It will keep him off the streets and teach him to steal someplace else.
View Quote

Really? When did prison become a reform school? Did I miss the memo?

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Theft of a high enough dollar value = felony.  Plain and simple.  Been that way for a pretty long time, and I don't have a problem with it.  If someone kidnapped some little runt Chihuahua, and it was later found to be worth six figures, is that not a felony because it was just a rat dog?

Theives are scum.  Theives who steal expensive stuff are bigger scum, and should be locked up longer.  Saying that it was "just a..." doesn't change the fact that the crime did enough damage to warrant a felony.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck the theives!  They took the bike amd I highly doubt it's their first.  These are the same people that will steal a car.  ANd even with afellon conviction they still will probably be out in 1-3 months!

Sgtar15
View Quote

If these are the same people that will steal a car why not just leave a car parked there with the keys in it?

Because these [b]aren't[/b] the same people. The "stings" in question are not bringing down an organized crime ring. They are just catching some idiots.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey, maybe these guys were just taking the bike to a nearby gas station or store.  A bike left out like that after dark is just begging to be stolen, maybe they were being Good Samaritans?

I dont like these set ups on Cops.  I hate the ones where they pose as street level pot dealers and bust users buying a gram or two of dope.  They'll have 5-6 officers working these reverse stings.  And the people they bust are not exactly scumbags.  They busted a poor old cancer victim who had a morphine pump installed under his skin above the hip.  You figure this guy has enough problems in his life without the fucking cops setting him up on a bullshit marijuana buy.
View Quote

Drug users are all the same. That old guy started out satisfied with just smoking to ease the pain of death. But without the checks of the police in there he would end up as a Columbian drug Czar. One touch of the drug and you are all the same. No stopping you. Put him in jail for the rest of his life. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Theft of a high enough dollar value = felony.  Plain and simple.  Been that way for a pretty long time, and I don't have a problem with it.  If someone kidnapped some little runt Chihuahua, and it was later found to be worth six figures, is that not a felony because it was just a rat dog?

Theives are scum.  Theives who steal expensive stuff are bigger scum, and should be locked up longer.  Saying that it was "just a..." doesn't change the fact that the crime did enough damage to warrant a felony.
View Quote

If the theif stole the bike from a private citizen I would have no problem with the felony charge. I have a problem with the police "engineering" the crime in order to make it a felony.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[If the theif stole the bike from a private citizen I would have no problem with the felony charge. I have a problem with the police "engineering" the crime in order to make it a felony.
View Quote

You keep harping on the bike being police property. It doesn't matter who owned the property..this person or persons weren't forced to steal this property. If the agency is setting up the sting, its because they are havinga  problem with that type of crime.I have no sympathy for the criminal.Why do you?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[If the theif stole the bike from a private citizen I would have no problem with the felony charge. I have a problem with the police "engineering" the crime in order to make it a felony.
View Quote

You keep harping on the bike being police property. It doesn't matter who owned the property..this person or persons weren't forced to steal this property. If the agency is setting up the sting, its because they are havinga  problem with that type of crime.I have no sympathy for the criminal.Why do you?
View Quote

Yes it does matter!!!

Think of it this way - If you are caught carrying CCW on school ground then you deserve to go to jail. If the police set up a school where you are carrying the crime is completely different.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yes it does matter!!!

Think of it this way - If you are caught carrying CCW on school ground then you deserve to go to jail. If the police set up a school where you are carrying the crime is completely different.
View Quote

this is a joke right. Setting up a sting to catch a bike thief if perfectly legal and obviously needed as they caught one.

Your ccw argument is complete BS and completely non related to this type of incident.

I'm not sure what your learning in school but life is really gonna kick you in the nads when you join the real world. Open your eyes. The world is a bad place. the more of this trash they catch the better life will be for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#33]
[b] Like I give a shit what happens to a thief or the problems he gets into for stealing, get real[/b]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
this is a joke right. Setting up a sting to catch a bike thief if perfectly legal and obviously needed as they caught one.

[red]Your ccw argument is complete BS and completely non related to this type of incident.[/red]

I'm not sure what your learning in school but life is really gonna kick you in the nads when you join the real world. Open your eyes. The world is a bad place. the more of this trash they catch the better life will be for everyone.
View Quote

Maybe. [:D]

Sorry to spoil your vision of me as ignorant but I have probably seen more "bad place" incidents than most. I won't go into too much detail but I will say that I saw my best friend stabbed by his brother and a friend shot (plus plenty of other bullshit). Pretty bad stuff I should think, but one thing it did make me "open my eyes" to was who really [b]is[/b] bad, and it sure as hell is not some stupid ass opportunistic bike thief. Your view of the world as so simply black and white makes me question [b]your[/b] real world experience. Sure there are the good and the bad in old westerns and fairy tales, but in real life there are the supremely good, the purely evil and a hell of a lot of people in between.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
That's a totally bogus bust.

If I were caught doing that, I would make up something bogus like "I left my bike out front, and it looked similar to this one.  Did any of you fine officers see who took my bike?"
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's a totally bogus bust.

If I were caught doing that, I would make up something bogus like "I left my bike out front, and it looked similar to this one.  Did any of you fine officers see who took my bike?"
View Quote

Oh yeah, that would work.[bounce]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Thieves are filth. Nobody ever stole anything in a fit of passion. It is a premeditated injury inflicted on another person. The only exception I've ever made is people stealing food that can be consumned in one sitting.

I was thrilled when a Fla. court upheld a home burglary conviction (15 yrs max) for some skulking POS who stole a bike from a driveway. In Fla., dirveway = curtilage; curtilage = home; entering a home to steal = home burglary.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The property was that of the police station. If the bicycle were a locked item of private ownership I would feel different. The fact of the matter however is that the bike was set up to lull people into a crime of opportunity.
View Quote

Do you think the wretched thieving cocksucker would have gone on to choir practice if the bike had belonged to a private citizen? Hell no! Bravo to the cops for drawing the cockroach out in a circumstance wher no individual was harmed by his selfish wickedness.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yes, a slap on the wrists just encourages trash like that to do it again, its why we have so many repeat offenders....if you punish them hard enough the first time, maybe they'll think twice next time
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[red]Your ccw argument is complete BS and completely non related to this type of incident.[/red]

View Quote

Maybe. [:D]

Sorry to spoil your vision of me as ignorant but I have probably seen more "bad place" incidents than most. I won't go into too much detail but I will say that I saw my best friend stabbed by his brother and a friend shot (plus plenty of other bullshit). Pretty bad stuff I should think, but one thing it did make me "open my eyes" to was who really [b]is[/b] bad, and it sure as hell is not some stupid ass opportunistic bike thief. Your view of the world as so simply black and white makes me question [b]your[/b] real world experience. Sure there are the good and the bad in old westerns and fairy tales, but in real life there are the supremely good, the purely evil and a hell of a lot of people in between.
View Quote

Real world experience?..... hmmmmm 4 years as a fire medic 2 1/2 years as a police/paramedic 3 years as a medic in the military. I can first hand say i have scraped more of these shitstains off the concrete than you will likely ever see. When it comes to right and wrong there is no grey. Grey comes from trying justify a wrong action.

So you don't see a THIEF as a bad individual. You trully have some warped values. Sorry but Most theives don't just steal bikes. Typically the do lots more nasty things. This idiot just got caught.

Did the cops wrong this guy by parking the bike there, or did he wrong himself by stealing it.

Oh i know maybe he was borrowing the bike so he could visit his dying mother at the hospital.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
i think stings are a bunch of BS, just like speed traps and warrents being served on the wrong house "by accendent"
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i think stings are a bunch of BS, just like speed traps and warrents being served on the wrong house "by accendent"
View Quote

As a general rule i would agree. In circumstances where there is a serious problem with certain offences i don't have a major problem with them. If this area was having trouble with bike theft then this may have been the best option to catch the offender.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
...Even Hitler wasn't that strict. [LOL]

Or the Arabs for that matter. Even when you get your hand cut off you are in a better position than a person who gets the chair.
View Quote

Not really - it used to be the same thing.  Since people had two hands, they used one to eat with and the other to wipe their butt.  Cut off the eatin' hand and chances are you aren't going to live too long after that, thanks to our friend, Mr. Bacteria.

So, indeed, theft was a capital offense to them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

If these are the same people that will steal a car why not just leave a car parked there with the keys in it?

Because these [b]aren't[/b] the same people. The "stings" in question are not bringing down an organized crime ring. They are just catching some idiots.
View Quote

Idiots need Jailtimee too.  NO reason to discriminate.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm in the minority here, but the sting is BS.

Look at it this way:

Cops set out women in stings against johns.

Now, since the standard sting isn't having any impact on prostitution, the cops start to enlist underage girls to help them, bumping up the crime from soliciting, to child molestation.

Hey, they're just johns breaking the law, so who cares if they get a child molestation rap?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm in the minority here, but the sting is BS.

Look at it this way:

Cops set out women in stings against johns.

Now, since the standard sting isn't having any impact on prostitution, the cops start to enlist underage girls to help them, bumping up the crime from soliciting, to child molestation.

Hey, they're just johns breaking the law, so who cares if they get a child molestation rap?
View Quote

Now [b]that[/b] is a good analogy!!!

Right on Hydguy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Real world experience?..... hmmmmm 4 years as a fire medic 2 1/2 years as a police/paramedic 3 years as a medic in the military. I can first hand say i have scraped more of these shitstains off the concrete than you will likely ever see. When it comes to right and wrong there is no grey. Grey comes from trying justify a wrong action.

So you don't see a THIEF as a bad individual. You trully have some warped values. Sorry but Most theives don't just steal bikes. Typically the do lots more nasty things. This idiot just got caught.

Did the cops wrong this guy by parking the bike there, or did he wrong himself by stealing it.

Oh i know maybe he was borrowing the bike so he could visit his dying mother at the hospital.

View Quote

[rolleyes] If you have spent time as a medic and you don't think that there are crimes worse than stealing a stupid bike then you are a lost cause.

Something can be wrong without being as wrong as others. That is the entire point of classing crime (felony, misdemeanor, petty offense).

Just because the idiot stole a bike does [b]not[/b] mean that he is going to do anything else. Same bullshit as the pot as a "gateway drug" bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yes, a slap on the wrists just encourages trash like that to do it again, its why we have so many repeat offenders....if you punish them hard enough the first time, maybe they'll think twice next time
View Quote

LMFAO!!!! A felony conviction for stealing a stupid fucking bike and you think the person is going to come out well adjusted. [LOL]

I don't steal, but if I stole a bike and became a felon for it I would come out of jail a raving fucking madman. My right to vote, own a gun, have a good job, etc, gone for life because I stole an overpriced pedal bike. Yeah I would think twice next time: something like - "why the fuck am I stealing a stupid bike when the penalties for stealing a car are the same?"
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Of course they didn't steal the bike by accident. Of course they deserve to be punished. But a felony? Come on. [whacko]
View Quote

Since we are not allowed to cut off their hand, a felony conviction is a good second choice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:14:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry that bike belonged to someone that WORKED to pay for it. I don't care if it was 10.00 of 5000.00. Fuck 'em. burn a few at the stake.

View Quote

LMFAO!!! So if somebody steals a toothpick you would advocate their immediate execution. Crimes are on a sliding scale, that is why we have things like felonies, misdemeanors, and petty offenses. Otherwise we would just call everything crime. The penalty would be death.

BTW - I never said that it was "no big deal" it just wasn't something that should be considered a felony. Consider it this way the police officers in charge of the bust set it up in a way that the crime committed would be more severe than the way it appeared to the criminal. Not really that reasonable. Obviously the person was a criminal and does not deserve sympathy but the severity of the crime is not apparent.
View Quote

It all "depends on whose ox is being gored." Obviously since yours isn't, you have less concern. Value is value. What it is derived from doesn't matter. The law usually sets an amount of value of an object that is stolen, that when exceeded denotes a felony. It's a simple and widely used(for many, many years) method. [:D]

[devil]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top