Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 6:08:36 PM EDT
I just heard on the radio ( a local show )that in the state of Michigan, if a person is fully trained in martial arts, that person has to regester them-selves with the state. Is this true or is this just B.S.?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not totally sure, but I think I remember a Tae Kwon Do instructor telling me that upon achieving a certain rank you had to get registered.  Telling some dude in a bar that your hands are registered weapons is a great prelude to having your ass kicked.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say BS. Been it the arts for many years, no plenty of 1-5th degree black belts(after the first, You are judged on Your students) and have never known this to be true.

I do agree with JackBurton. One of the surest ways to tell a "Poser" is for them to tell You how "Badass" they are. "If He's bad, He don't need to tell You he is. He just is."
Kinda' the whole "I'm a Badass Navy Seal" thing, all over again.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I call bs on this one too,
I personally know plenty of black belts in variaus diciplins. None of them are registered Including myself.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top