Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 5:37:28 PM EDT
That dirty SOB used the murder case of Mary McGuiness Morris to latently push some anti self defense progaganda on America's Most Wanted.  Something like "the gun she was to use in her own defense was the gun that killed her".  This is a man with an agenda.

And this isn't the first time he's pulled this kind of crap.

Back during the D.C. 'sniper' shootings John Walsh had a little daytime show.  He kept pushing the whole ballistic fingerprinting solution to the violence epidemic.  "If you don't have anything to hide, then what are you so worried about.  It's an excellent preventative measure.  Etc.."

Dirty SOB
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
He started the whole thing because his son was abducted and murdered. Atleast he is off his ass trying to make a difference getting the creeps in jail. I don't think he has an anti-gun agenda just wants the guns out of the hands of the criminals that are making it hard for us good gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He started the whole thing because his son was abducted and murdered. Atleast he is off his ass trying to make a difference getting the creeps in jail. I don't think he has an anti-gun agenda just wants the guns out of the hands of the criminals that are making it hard for us good gun owners.
View Quote

Call me cynical, but I'm starting to believe that he is using his son's death more and more to merely provide a means of income.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to be careful to not sound as if I am completely bashing Mr. Walsh.  He has done a lot more than probably most of us to bring proven violent criminals to justice.  For that I commend him.  It's just very frustrating when someone with his credibility subconsciously conditions individuals with an obvious concern for public safety (his viewing public) to be standoffish about firearms.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he's a good man, with a bad idea. I'm actually surprised that he hasn't gone more public with his anti-gun stance, like rosie, or sleazeball moore. He hopefully realizes that his fame and attention must be fully utilized for his show, and putting away bad guys, not pushing personal agenda's.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Boy has he got a few snowballed, I see him as a guy who is making big bucks from his son's death, has cheated on his wife, and in general is a jerk.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think he's all that fervent of an anti.  If he was you'd see hin out there more for the cause.  I agree that his sons death has been his meal ticket...but also think that his ignorance of firearm issues is probably a more appropriate answer to his actions that a deep driving desire to further the anti cause.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget, the AR7 has killed more people than any other assault rifle. Well, at least according to JW.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
He is an EXTREMELY anti-gun ass.

God bless him for the loss of his son.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I am almost certain I heard him reply to a .32 ACO as a "high powered handgun" on one episode...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Call me cynical, but I'm starting to believe that he is using his son's death more and more to merely provide a means of income.
View Quote

DING! DING! DING!  We have a winner!

Hoppy
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#11]
You do know that Walsh was never cleared in the death of his son?

As far as the cops in Florida are concerned, he's still a suspect.

Explains a lot, especially the desire to keep the records of the case sealed. Went to court over it.

In his case, altruism went out the window long ago.

G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top