Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 4:49:23 PM EDT
I just dug out a few cans of blank M-60 ammo on links. Forgot I had 'em. Some of the cans have never been opened. They each have 200 rounds in two boxes, and are in pouches. Are they worth any money? What would they sell for? Does anyone have an M60 with a blank adapter in Maryland or Virginia that they would like to shoot this stuff out of? I'll give you a few cans if I can shoot too.
Haven't fired a 60 in awhile.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Make some Mexican bandoliers out of them, it'd be great for Halloween or something.

Or you could trade it out at a gunshow or call Cole Distributing, they sell it, they might be interested.

Or take it to Knob Creek & shot the shit out of it.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You could always use them to make something cool, or save the links for use with live 7.62 ammo. I have a bunch that I plan on using for making my son a frame for his vintage USMC poster he has hanging on his wall. That would be hard core! I took out the red tips and emptied all the gunpowder but the primers are still live so I have to find a way to remove them first.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Throw in fire. [;)]

2. Have excuse handy for local law enforcement officer. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There are alot of Vietnam Reenactors in VA who could use the ammo.  Also there used to be a company called OPFOR Inc that provided Opfor for various and sundry Mil and LE agencies that might want it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You could always use them to make something cool, or save the links for use with live 7.62 ammo. I have a bunch that I plan on using for making my son a frame for his vintage USMC poster he has hanging on his wall. That would be hard core! I took out the red tips and emptied all the gunpowder but the primers are still live so I have to find a way to remove them first.
View Quote

put a drop of oil in the primers
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find OPFOR Inc. I did give Cole distributing an e-mail. Maybe they could use them. If all elese fails there is always GunBroker and Guns America. I wait for Cole first. It's tempting to save em. I did dishes tonight Poncho Villa style. Pretty sweet. [):)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I sure could have used it last night (along with an M60!) to put a rapid end to my next door neighbor's wild party at 2:00 a.m.

Nothing like drunk frat boys pissing in their pants as the broken links fall onto the pavement...

[50]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a can of them in Oct at Knob Creek.  I'll probably shoot those up in the next six months.  Not too many people want to dirty up a barrel for blanks except probably me.

Maybe when it gets closer to April I'll see if I might need more.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just bought a can of them in Oct at Knob Creek.  I'll probably shoot those up in the next six months.  Not too many people want to dirty up a barrel for blanks except probably me.

View Quote

How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe you guys are missing the obvious here..

GO BUY AN M60 !!!!!

ya already got a good start there [}:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?
View Quote

I am not sure any more about $60=$80 for 540 I think?!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#12]
[ROFL]
Yeah I guess it is a good start. An even better start would be having the $60,000 it costs to purchase the M60.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I just looked it up $83.47 including tax for 540 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Feed them to the Bush Gobler. That's what we always did with our blanks in the Green Machine.

When you want to get your weapon the filthiest it's ever been and get absolutely nothing out of it...BLANKS!!

Semper-Fi, DD out. [sniper]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Our local VVA has been looking for some of this to use in their M1A's for firing squad use at Vet burials. IM me I can give you a address if you want a tax deduction
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Our local VVA has been looking for some of this to use in their M1A's for firing squad use at Vet burials. IM me I can give you a address if you want a tax deduction
View Quote

they should be able to get them from the army.our local draws them form ft mcCoy for free
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
1. Throw in fire. [;)]

2. Have excuse handy for local law enforcement officer. [:D]

View Quote

That's what I did with some a friend gave me. At least try a few out 2IDdoc.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Donate them to your local veterans organization. They usually use M1917's, M1903's or M1's for ceremonies. They have been finding .30-06 blanks hard to come by. 7.62X51mm blanks will make a good substitute.

At least call to see if they can use them.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#19]
The big buy on linked ammo on one of the gun boards (I forget where) is  approx $20-$22 a thousand plus shipping.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The big buy on linked ammo on one of the gun boards (I forget where) is  approx $20-$22 a thousand plus shipping.
View Quote

i will take 5000 rds, nope, 10 is better, let me know when you find out where
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top