Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 10:19:44 AM EDT
Met Tzyck, nice guy who's 1911 grips look good and feel great.

Other than that this gun show SUCKED.

The Deputy that usually is at the door for this gun show to check weapons wasn't there to day. The Deputy that usually works the gun show is a polite courteous fellow that handles your weapon like it was his own.

The Deputy at the door today Slammed the slide home empty on my Colt Officers ACP and then had the audacity to rebuke me when I took offense.
Whether you're in the, it does no harm to the weapon camp or the it can damage the sear engagement surfaces camp doesn't matter. You simply don't mistreat other peoples property.

Of course my complaining to the people who run the gun show only pissed this Deputy off even further. Their lack of so much as we're sorry pissed me off even further, so I guess we're even.

Now I'm in a pissy mood [asshole mode] and just wasted my $5 to walk around the same old tired Dealers with the same old overpriced goods and flea Market trash. Needless to say the I made the Mrs happy by not buying anything new.

As I follow several people out the exit/entrance Mr. Deputy  waits until I'm the last one thru the threshold and smugly chirps out "Have a nice day". He couldn't just let me leave in peace, he had to have the last taunt.

No more Tallahassee Gun Shows for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun shows are dead, I fear it will never be as it was in the past.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the internet has pretty much killed them. The gun show's reason in life was to bring buyers and sellers together. The internet does that more efficiently and without the beanie babies.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gun shows are dead, I fear it will never be as it was in the past.
View Quote

Unfortunately I think your right.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn i forgot it was this weekend.
Oh well im broke anyways.

Tzyck does have some nice grips. Great guy also.

Infantry

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, the internet has pretty much killed them. The gun show's reason in life was to bring buyers and sellers together. The internet does that more efficiently and without the beanie babies.
View Quote

roger that, I think I went to my last one this year as well. Hell, I hardly go to the mall anymore. I can beat their prices on the internet and don't mind spending a little for shipping which I would have spent the same in gas riding around town plus I don't burn up a Saturday afternoon looking for it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I hit the one in Tampa and the one in Brooksville last weekend.  Tampa show was a bust but the one in Brooksville was great.   Lots and Lots of guns and prices not bad.  

Tampa show is like the Orlando show with few guns and lots of beanie babies/glass cleaner/cheap knives/etc....

I did get to meet Tzyck at the Orlando show after Thanksgiving and glad I did.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks for the post, you just saved me a 200 mile round trip drive and probably $50 or more.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
You know the difference in a good gun show and a bad one?
One good deal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
How was the kettle corn?  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to one today,it was about 25% smaller than usual.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I noticed them die right after the NICS came in.  Many of the dealers either don't have a cell phone or don't want to call in a check.  I haven't bought any guns at a Michigan show since the NICS came in, so I'm not sure if having a CCW will pass as a background check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top