Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 5:47:56 PM EDT
A few, (very few, thank God) states have begun issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens.  They claim states rights as a justification in doing so.  Some say that this is actually an issue of national security.  I want your opinions.  

Mine is really simple.  Being a truck driver, I travel many states (I run regional, appr 700 mile radius of Nashville, TN).  In each and ever state I drive, I see license plates from other states.  I have yet to go any where that I do not see out of state license plates on vehicles.  The states that feel it is a states rights issue are licensing illegal aliens to drive in other states.  Therefor, these states are violating the rights of other states.  I live in TN, and unfortunately, this state does issue those licenses.  I have made my feelings clear to the state and local government.  Now I am ready to take it to the federal level.  Commercial drivers licenses are already federalized.  I propose that all licenses be federalized.  I also recommend contacting your state governments and requesting that they do not honor the licenses issued by states that license illegals.  These people are in violation of federal law when they cross the border.  I.E. TN driver enters KY, he/she is no longer licensed to drive and therefor can be cited for driving without a license.  This may force these states to reconsider exactly what states rights are.  Stop letting the liberals damage the security of this nation.

Thank you....
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Answer: Get the populace pissed off, recall your governor and replace him/her with an action hero movie star. Simple.

CW

BTW, my state doesn't issue DL's to illegals. [nana]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, it was an alleged republican that signed the bill into law.  In actuality, he was a closet liberal pushing for state income tax and some other lib crapola.  Some may think I am being a bit of an extremist in my view of this issue, but Damn it, some thing needs to be done.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
States have no rights.  States only have powers.  People have rights.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't belive that any person having enterd the U.S. illegaly should have any rights.

DF) Prop Wash is next to the rolls of Flight Line.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... I propose that all licenses be federalized. ...
View Quote

While your argument would legitimately address this one specific problem, I think it could cause far worse problems.

I could easily see a nationwide driver’s license database evolving into a national ID system.  And, once we start down that slippery slope, I shudder to think where it could take us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DF) Prop Wash is next to the rolls of Flight Line.
View Quote
Thank you. I've been looking everywhere...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top