Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 4:36:52 PM EDT
I wonder what was going on in this house.

Teen says he killed parents because he was sick of rules
advertisement

Staff, wire reports
Dec. 12, 2003 07:45 AM

McNEAL - Some tough love by a mother and father may have led to their deaths. A 16-year-old McNeal boy is in custody on two counts of murder.

He told Cochise County investigators he ambushed his parents with a shotgun and buried them in shallow graves because he was sick of following household rules.

Investigators said Zachary Eggers has shown no remorse for the killings. He was arrested Thursday after he confessed to killing his parents, and then throwing a party the following night.

The bodies of corrections officers Bradley and Delyn Eggers were found buried in the yard of their home.

Zachary Eggers is being held without bond on two counts of first-degree murder.

Prosecutors said they plan to try him as an adult.

The parents failed to report to work Monday at the Arizona State Prison Complex-Douglas, and prison officials asked the Cochise County Sheriff's Department to check on them. When deputies arrived at the home, they contacted juveniles who lived there, then obtained a search warrant for the property, according to a press release from the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.

Brad Egger was a substance-abuse coordinator at the prison and had been employed by the Department of Corrections for 12 years. Delyn Egger had been with the department seven years and worked on the security staff at the Douglas prison.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Try him as an adult............then grind him into sausage.  Sociopath scumbag.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm at a loss for words...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know, kids murdering parents is not normal.

Having both parents being LEOs and still growing up a murderer is NOT normal...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw the story in the paper They are going to try him as a adult.

I hope they fry his ass.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
What an idiot. He thinks rules in prison are better?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder exactly how strict Ma and Pa were? Could be more to this story, like abuse.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
There is more to this story. Whenever a kid does something wron, usually a good hard look at the parents will answer a lot of questions. I noticed this working in an emergency room. Whenever we had kids come in for psych problems, the parents were always every bit as crazy as the kids. They learn it somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
[intense sarcasm] At least he had the decency to wait 1 whole night before having a party.  [/intense sarcasm]  [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Just shoot him with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably too much ritalin.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
It is depressing to read this forum on a regular basis. Ignorance is bliss brings on a whole new meaning after reading about all these sick little fucks.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]

The parents got blown away, so it must be their fault.  They must have abused the kid, taught him to be a shotgun killer.

Maybe.  More likely just a bad seed sociopath.  Is there such a thing as personal responsibility anymore?  The kid killed his parents with a shotgun and then partied the next night.  Sixteen is well into the age of reason, right and wrong.  Abuse?  Call the cops.  

More likey two hard working parents, while the kid is out back doing dope and plotting their deaths and the "after" party.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[intense sarcasm] At least he had the decency to wait 1 whole night before having a party.  [/intense sarcasm]  [whacko]
View Quote

I know that should not be at all funny but - [rofl2] DAMN!!!!

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#14]
How long before the defense lawyers paint them as 'poor little orphans'?

Fry 'em.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe he was throwing off the yoke of being oppressed by The Man.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#16]
[chris rock]Whatever happened to plain [b]CRAZY[/b][/chris rock]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#17]
[b][brightside][red]he used a shotgun instead of an AR[/red][/brightside][/b]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#18]
[more brightside]At least he just killed his parents and not a bunch of kids at school.[/more brightside]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#19]
At best they will wait till hes 18 and the execute him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder what was going on in this house.
View Quote

Lots of alcohol, Methamphetamine, Marijuana & Video games....Very little parenting.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:56:18 AM EDT
[#21]
""""""[intense sarcasm] At least he had the decency to wait 1 whole night before having a party. [/intense sarcasm]"""""""

he had to go across the border to buy a pound of pot before he threw the party & they did dance on the graves...!! actually my friends, he was given way too much slack, then the reins were tightened.., that is when he went ballistic, but it took several months, had the kid been properly discilpined when younger, he would have had better control of his emotions.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
had the kid been properly discilpined when younger, he would have had better control of his emotions.....
View Quote

Mommy and Daddy were BOTH too busy with their careers to worry about a little thing like raising a son. So MTV raised him for them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Poor treatment from his parents could be the reason for what he did, there is NO excuse for his actions.
Send him to Virginia for trail, we have the death penalty and don't mind giving it out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What an idiot. He thinks rules in prison are better?
View Quote

I'd guess it won't be much different than home was except at 16 Bubba will be bunking with him.

Now that's justice.............

Funny when parents were oppressive when I was a kid, the kid ran away from home.  Now they shoot their parents.  Another sad example of the me generation.

Idea! Let's pitch in and send him some lipstick?

Tj
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#25]
It still stuns me when I hear stuff like this.

I'm surprised, that I'm surprised.

A LOT of sad shit going  down these days..

My condolences to those of you who deal with the REALITY of this shit daily, to earn your "living".

Seriously.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#26]
40 years ago this sort of thing rarely, if ever, happened. Now it seems commonplace (locally, we had a 14 year old shoot his mother a few months back)

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Give him the chair.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
had the kid been properly discilpined when younger, he would have had better control of his emotions.....
View Quote

Mommy and Daddy were BOTH too busy with their careers to worry about a little thing like raising a son. So MTV raised him for them.
View Quote

Dude
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#29]
They are going to court to have this kid tried as a adult. He will be getting the death penalty. You do not kill LEOs in Arizona and NOT find yourself on trial for your life. And now that Juries have to decide both guilt and the penalty, the number of people like this who get death has actually increased.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#30]
They shouldn't fry'em. Instead they should let him live with Bubba for the rest of his life.  Then ask him which was better Bubba or his parents.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
And to think that they probably considered working at the prison the most dangerous part of their lives.............
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#32]
The irony of this is when he is convicted,he will likely end up in the same prison where his parents worked.Imagine the abuse he'll get from the warden.[LOL]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They shouldn't fry'em. Instead they should let him live with Bubba for the rest of his life.  Then ask him which was better Bubba or his parents.
View Quote

I'm actually fine with that as long as you're willing to cover the cost's associated with his incarceration.

I thought so.

Fry him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#34]
just like Chris Rock said, "what ever happened to just being crazy?!"

prime example.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top